Quantcast

how to print only a part of a card?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Hello,

probably I don't see the obvious or my math is slightly rusty. I am trying
to print only a section of a card, e.g. a rectangle, but I always only get a
(left and bottom) clipped rectangle being printed. Only when printing the
whole card I get the full rectangle. I am running out of paper from my
multiple tests :)

Here is what I tried:

on mouseUp

   # create a stack, size: 348,527

# create a button with this script

   # create a rectangle, size: 297,421

   -- set the printpapersize to 595,842 # optional test # A4

   -- set the printmargins to 40,57,40,57 # optional test

   -- set the printscale to .5 # optional test

   open printing with dialog

   if the result is not "cancel" then

      put the left of grc "rectangle" into item 1 of tLeftTop

      put the top of grc "rectangle" into item 2 of tLeftTop

      put the right of grc "rectangle" into item 1 of tRightBottom

      put the bottom of grc "rectangle" into item 2 of tRightBottom

      print this card from tLeftTop to tRightBottom

      -- print this card from tLeftTop to tRightBottom into 149,210,635, #
optional test

      -- print this card from tLeftTop to tRightBottom into 40,57,337,478  #
optional test  # margins+ rectangle

-- print this card # this is for me the only chance to get the whole
rectangle printed

   end if

   close printing

end mouseUp

Does anybody see the error in my logic?

Tiemo

Re: how to print only a part of a card?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Tiemo,

There’s nothing wrong with your logic, this all works fine on a Mac, LC8.1.4 (rc1), but from an earlier post I gather you are on Win 10 so this looks like there's a bug in the works, maybe a Linux user could test also.

Have you tried any other versions of LC?

HTH

Paul

> On 12 Apr 2017, at 06:40, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> probably I don't see the obvious or my math is slightly rusty. I am trying
> to print only a section of a card, e.g. a rectangle, but I always only get a
> (left and bottom) clipped rectangle being printed. Only when printing the
> whole card I get the full rectangle. I am running out of paper from my
> multiple tests :)
>
> Here is what I tried:
>

> on mouseUp
>
>   # create a stack, size: 348,527
>
> # create a button with this script
>
>   # create a rectangle, size: 297,421
>
>   -- set the printpapersize to 595,842 # optional test # A4
>
>   -- set the printmargins to 40,57,40,57 # optional test
>
>   -- set the printscale to .5 # optional test
>

>   open printing with dialog
>
>   if the result is not "cancel" then
>
>      put the left of grc "rectangle" into item 1 of tLeftTop
>
>      put the top of grc "rectangle" into item 2 of tLeftTop
>
>      put the right of grc "rectangle" into item 1 of tRightBottom
>
>      put the bottom of grc "rectangle" into item 2 of tRightBottom
>

>      print this card from tLeftTop to tRightBottom
>
>      -- print this card from tLeftTop to tRightBottom into 149,210,635, #
> optional test
>
>      -- print this card from tLeftTop to tRightBottom into 40,57,337,478  #
> optional test  # margins+ rectangle
>
> -- print this card # this is for me the only chance to get the whole
> rectangle printed
>
>   end if
>
>   close printing
>
> end mouseUp
>

> Does anybody see the error in my logic?
>
> Tiemo

AW: how to print only a part of a card?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Hi Paul,
yes I tested on Win 10 and it's the same result with LC 6 to 9.
Can anybody confirm this behavior on windows before I file a bug? Actually I can't believe it's a bug since LC 6
Thanks