iOS 12 compatibility

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
I know the devs are working on including the new version of Xcode, but
has anyone tried to run their apps in the iOS 12 beta? I installed it
on my iPad and haven't had ANY luck. Every app that I've made (app
store official & ad hoc install) either crashes or goes to black
screen on iOS 12.

I didn't test iOS 10 before it was launched and ended up making a mad
dash to modify and recompile my apps because they stopped working with
something that Apple cooked up (iOS 9 was my first app release). iOS
11 was a smooth transition for me, and iOS 12 may end up being the
same, but I'm curious if anyone has has tested their work.

--Andrew Bell

Re: iOS 12 compatibility

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Andrew,

oh what fun!

I will install iOS 12 beta in one of our office devices and investigate
tomorrow. After a quick google search it seems that other non-LC apps crash
on startup on iOS 12 beta, so probably Apple has changed something.

BTW what version of LC / MacOS/ Xcode did you use to build the
standalone(s)?

Best,
Panos
--

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 5:11 PM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know the devs are working on including the new version of Xcode, but has
> anyone tried to run their apps in the iOS 12 beta? I installed it on my
> iPad and haven't had ANY luck. Every app that I've made (app store official
> & ad hoc install) either crashes or goes to black screen on iOS 12.
>
> I didn't test iOS 10 before it was launched and ended up making a mad dash
> to modify and recompile my apps because they stopped working with something
> that Apple cooked up (iOS 9 was my first app release). iOS 11 was a smooth
> transition for me, and iOS 12 may end up being the same, but I'm curious if
> anyone has has tested their work.
>
> --Andrew Bell

Re: iOS 12 compatibility

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
We're far enough out from the iOS 12 launch that I wasn't overly
concerned, but it's open for public beta now so I'm sure to get some
support emails from bleeding-edge technologists.

LC 9.0
macOS 10.11.5
Xcode 8.2

--Andrew Bell