iOS 13.2 - play soundFile [looping] - "dead"

iOS 13.2 - play soundFile [looping] - "dead"

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
You probably already know this, or not...

But if you did not realize it, Apple's switch of the deep code for "audio" on iOS for media has broken the

play soundFile [looping]

I haven't used it, except as an "award" on completion of rounds of practice for an exercise.

So, if user gets "Bingo, you did it!" with no sound, it's not a critical issue.

Fortunately, I am behind on a plan to use "play soundFile [looping]" all over the place! If I had, the app would be seriously broken by Apple's recent penchant for rapid, (broken?) innovation that leaves of us with gaping holes in the side...

Sacrificing a Coconut and Fresh Pineapple in rite to help the Gods of HQs to get us

"9.6 - the first dp of which will appear shortly." Panos, Nov 1

BR

Re: iOS 13.2 - play soundFile [looping] - "dead"

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Rush Limbaugh made a big deal about telling his users of his app to NOT download and install iOS 13 until they installed the new App, which had the fix for the sound issue.

Bob S