iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ralph DiMola
On an iPad 2 running iOS 7 with LC 6.6.2rc1, the top of the card is now the
top of the device. The first 20 pixels(iPad 2) of the card is in the status
bar area. I think this was introduced by integrating Xcode 5 into LC not
from the update to the 6.1.2 engine from the 6.1.1 engine. Old apps that
were linked using 6.1.1 running on a iOS 7 device do not exhibit this
behavior.

I see this as a bug.

The items that are different have a * preceding them.

iOS 6.1
*the rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
*the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
 the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
*the effective working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
 the top of this card==>0
*the bottom of this card==>1004

iOS 7
*the rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
*the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
 the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the effective working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
 the top of this card==>0
*the bottom of this card==>1024

LC 6.1.2 rc1
OSX 10.8.5
Xcode 5, 4.6.3, 4.5.2, 4.4.1, 4.2
Arm7 build.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

RE: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

John Dixon
Ralph...

The top of the card could be the top of the device under iOS6 if the status bar was hidden... when set to translucent the top of the card is the top of the device... I don't see it as a bug.

Dixie

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.
> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:56:38 -0400
>
> On an iPad 2 running iOS 7 with LC 6.6.2rc1, the top of the card is now the
> top of the device. The first 20 pixels(iPad 2) of the card is in the status
> bar area. I think this was introduced by integrating Xcode 5 into LC not
> from the update to the 6.1.2 engine from the 6.1.1 engine. Old apps that
> were linked using 6.1.1 running on a iOS 7 device do not exhibit this
> behavior.
>
> I see this as a bug.
>
> The items that are different have a * preceding them.
>
> iOS 6.1
> *the rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
> *the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
>  the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
> *the effective working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
>  the top of this card==>0
> *the bottom of this card==>1004
>
> iOS 7
> *the rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
> *the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
>  the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the effective working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
>  the top of this card==>0
> *the bottom of this card==>1024
>

> LC 6.1.2 rc1
> OSX 10.8.5
> Xcode 5, 4.6.3, 4.5.2, 4.4.1, 4.2
> Arm7 build.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Mark Wilcox
John's right - on iOS 7 apps are full screen by default with a translucent status bar floating on top. This happens to native apps when you build under the iOS 7 SDK too.

It's a platform change that apps should adapt to. Since the status bar is translucent it matters what goes underneath, so there's no good default for LiveCode to implement to hide this platform change.

Note that this platform change also affects screenshots and default.png (the splash image - which if you're using it properly is not a splash screen at all but something that makes it look like your app is loaded almost instantly and about to fill in data - this does somewhat depend on the type of app, e.g. games almost all use it as a splash screen). The "splash image" now includes the status bar area.

Mark

________________________________
The top of the card could be the top of the device under iOS6 if the status bar was hidden... when set to translucent the top of the card is the top of the device... I don't see it as a bug.

Dixie

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.
> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:56:38 -0400
>
> On an iPad 2 running iOS 7 with LC 6.6.2rc1, the top of the card is now the
> top of the device. The first 20 pixels(iPad 2) of the card is in the status
> bar area. I think this was introduced by integrating Xcode 5 into LC not
> from the update to the 6.1.2 engine from the 6.1.1 engine. Old apps that
> were linked using 6.1.1 running on a iOS 7 device do not exhibit this
> behavior.
>
> I see this as a bug.
>
> The items that are different have a * preceding them.
>
> iOS 6.1
> *the rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
> *the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
>  the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
> *the effective working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
>  the top of this card==>0
> *the bottom of this card==>1004
>
> iOS 7
> *the rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
> *the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
>  the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the effective working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
>  the top of this card==>0
> *the bottom of this card==>1024
>

> LC 6.1.2 rc1
> OSX 10.8.5
> Xcode 5, 4.6.3, 4.5.2, 4.4.1, 4.2
> Arm7 build.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

RE: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ralph DiMola
I disagree. First of all the background color(or the gray default
background) of the card is under the status bar. One way to fix this is to
put a black(or white) bar on the top of the card. One Problem, there is no
way to find out the status bar height anymore. Am I missing something here?

In the standalone setting there are three status bar options.
1) Default==>The status bar text is black and merges with the card's
background/controls.
2) Black opaque==> The text is white and merges with the card's
background/controls.
3) Black translucent==> Same as #2. I see no difference.

Rect observations......
The items that are different have a * preceding them.

iOS 6.1
 the rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
 the effective rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
 the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
 the effective rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
 the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
 the working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
 the effective working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
 the top of this stack==>20
 the bottom of this stack==>1024
 the top of this card==>0
 the bottom of this card==>1004

iOS 7
*the rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
*the effective rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
*the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
*the effective rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
 the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the effective working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the top of this stack==>0
 the bottom of this stack==>1024
 the top of this card==>0
*the bottom of this card==>1024

LC 6.1.2 rc1
OSX 10.8.5
Xcode 5, 4.6.3, 4.5.2, 4.4.1, 4.2
Arm7 build.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

The top of the card could be the top of the device under iOS6 if the status
bar was hidden... when set to translucent the top of the card is the top of
the device... I don't see it as a bug.

Dixie

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.
> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:56:38 -0400
>
> On an iPad 2 running iOS 7 with LC 6.6.2rc1, the top of the card is now
the
> top of the device. The first 20 pixels(iPad 2) of the card is in the
status

> bar area. I think this was introduced by integrating Xcode 5 into LC not
> from the update to the 6.1.2 engine from the 6.1.1 engine. Old apps that
> were linked using 6.1.1 running on a iOS 7 device do not exhibit this
> behavior.
>
> I see this as a bug.
>
> The items that are different have a * preceding them.
>
> iOS 6.1
> *the rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
> *the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
>  the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
> *the effective working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
>  the top of this card==>0
> *the bottom of this card==>1004
>
> iOS 7
> *the rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
> *the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
>  the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
> *the effective working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
>  the top of this card==>0
> *the bottom of this card==>1024
>

> LC 6.1.2 rc1
> OSX 10.8.5
> Xcode 5, 4.6.3, 4.5.2, 4.4.1, 4.2
> Arm7 build.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Monte Goulding

On 02/10/2013, at 6:54 AM, "Ralph DiMola" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I disagree. First of all the background color(or the gray default
> background) of the card is under the status bar. One way to fix this is to
> put a black(or white) bar on the top of the card. One Problem, there is no
> way to find out the status bar height anymore. Am I missing something here?

I think the point is the OS has changed so we need to deal with that in our apps... although I guess the engine could fake it with a black or white strip unless we chose black translucent...

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!

RE: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ralph DiMola
OK, I see what you mean about the new style. It just would have been helpful
to know how many pixels the status bar icons occupy.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

On 02/10/2013, at 6:54 AM, "Ralph DiMola" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I disagree. First of all the background color(or the gray default
> background) of the card is under the status bar. One way to fix this
> is to put a black(or white) bar on the top of the card. One Problem,
> there is no way to find out the status bar height anymore. Am I missing
something here?

I think the point is the OS has changed so we need to deal with that in our
apps... although I guess the engine could fake it with a black or white
strip unless we chose black translucent...

--
Monte Goulding

M E R Goulding - software development services mergExt - There's an external
for that!

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Main Google
I'm using 45 pixels. And as my app can be themed with different colours I'm changing the colour of the rectangle behind the status information.

Gerry

On 02/10/2013, at 2:11 PM, Ralph DiMola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, I see what you mean about the new style. It just would have been helpful
> to know how many pixels the status bar icons occupy.

RE: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ralph DiMola
I'm doing the same thing but using a % of the display height as to account
for different pixel densities.(retina vs. non-retina).
Non-retina is 20 pixels and retina is 40 pixels.
Now that I understand this seasons style I will adapt.

Remember, no whites dresses after labor day(or is it before? I always
forget).

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

I'm using 45 pixels. And as my app can be themed with different colours I'm
changing the colour of the rectangle behind the status information.

Gerry

On 02/10/2013, at 2:11 PM, Ralph DiMola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, I see what you mean about the new style. It just would have been
> helpful to know how many pixels the status bar icons occupy.

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Thomas McGrath III-3
Ralph,

Have you noticed that the simulator does not respect any settings for display status bar or status bar style. The device seems to respect them just not the simulator.

Thanks

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
[hidden email]

On Oct 2, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Ralph DiMola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm doing the same thing but using a % of the display height as to account
> for different pixel densities.(retina vs. non-retina).
> Non-retina is 20 pixels and retina is 40 pixels.
> Now that I understand this seasons style I will adapt.

RE: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ralph DiMola
Tom,

I saw your comments on the other list and I am looking at it now on both the
device and simulator.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Have you noticed that the simulator does not respect any settings for
display status bar or status bar style. The device seems to respect them
just not the simulator.

Thanks

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
[hidden email]

On Oct 2, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Ralph DiMola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm doing the same thing but using a % of the display height as to
> account for different pixel densities.(retina vs. non-retina).
> Non-retina is 20 pixels and retina is 40 pixels.
> Now that I understand this seasons style I will adapt.

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Colin Holgate-2
The status bar seems to be doing the right things. I have both Xcode 4.6 and 5.0 added in my mobile preferences, and can use either simulator. The visibility seems to work, and the only oddity is that black opaque is still see-through on iOS 7. But then that might be correct.

RE: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ralph DiMola
I agree. I Just tested all 3 options on the Simulator and an iPad 2 both
with iOS 7 and the status bar is consistent between the two. Colin and I are
seeing the same thing.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ken Ray
Sorry for coming late to the party, but I can't hide the status bar at all on iOS 7 with XCode 5 and LC 6.1.2… it doesn't respect the flag in the Standalone Settings. Is there some trick to get this to work? Our app is full screen and hid the status bar in iOS6 and earlier, but now it just gets in the way… any ideas?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

enderNafi
Ken,

I can hide and show the status bar via that flag in the standalone settings; just tried now.
It works for iPhone and iPad, on the simulator and the actual device.
10.9 Mavericks, Xcode 5.0, LiveCode 6.1.3.

Did you try with an empty stack?
Another command of your current stack may interfere.

Best,

~ Ender Nafi

Mac OS X 10.9.1 • LiveCode 6.5.1 & xCode 5.0.1

On Nov 12, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Ender Nafi Elekcioglu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> I can hide and show the status bar via that flag in the standalone settings; just tried now.
> It works for iPhone and iPad, on the simulator and the actual device.
> 10.9 Mavericks, Xcode 5.0, LiveCode 6.1.3.
>
> Did you try with an empty stack?
> Another command of your current stack may interfere.

Yes, I have an (almost) empty stack - one field and one button, but it doesn't work for me, no matter what I set the Standalone Settings to, I always get a default translucent status bar on top of my app. My stack is 1024 x 768 and has one field and one button and I have an iPad Mini (the first one) running 7.0.3. I'm building on 10.8.5 and copying it over to the connected iPad using XCode 5.0.1.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Re: iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Neil Roger
Dear Ken et al.

This bug seems to relate to deployment on the iPad mini and we are
currently trying to track down what is causing the issue.

When we make any further developments, they will be announce via your
bug report here -

http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11305

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
LiveCode – Realize fast, compile-free coding

On Nov 13, 2013, at 2:28 AM, Neil Roger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This bug seems to relate to deployment on the iPad mini and we are currently trying to track down what is causing the issue.

Thanks, Neil! I'll watch that report...