iOS Dropbox access

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I have a desktop app that reads data from a text file in Dropbox. I want to create an iOS app that can also read (but not write) the same text file. I've installed the Dropbox app on my iPhone but cannot figure out how to access my text file from my LC app like I do on the desktop version. Is that doable or do I need to use the LC "dropboxDownload" feature to get the latest text file?  I could switch to iCloud Drive if that would make things easier - would specialFolderPath(“Documents”) then give me access to my text file?

---
Marty K

Re: iOS Dropbox access

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
why not use the dropbox library?

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 3:08 PM Marty Knapp via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a desktop app that reads data from a text file in Dropbox. I want
> to create an iOS app that can also read (but not write) the same text file.
> I've installed the Dropbox app on my iPhone but cannot figure out how to
> access my text file from my LC app like I do on the desktop version. Is
> that doable or do I need to use the LC "dropboxDownload" feature to get the
> latest text file?  I could switch to iCloud Drive if that would make things
> easier - would specialFolderPath(“Documents”) then give me access to my
> text file?
>
> ---
> Marty K

   and did a little diving.