iOS launch screen dimensions

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
The list of launch screen dimensions on the Apple developer site doesn't
match the requirements in the standalone builder. Does that matter?

Apple doesn't recommend that method anyway, they prefer a storyboard.
Has anyone done that, and is it possible?

Re: iOS launch screen dimensions

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Hello Jacque,

The requirements in the S/B should match Apple's requirements - if they
don't then it looks like a bug.

Which screen's dimensions do not match? Also could you post the link of the
webpage you are referring to?

Kind regards
Panos
--

PS: Using a storyboard is not supported in LC. I _think_ it is possible to
do it though - if you tweak the IDE code that saves the iOS standalone.

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 23:46, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The list of launch screen dimensions on the Apple developer site doesn't
> match the requirements in the standalone builder. Does that matter?
>
> Apple doesn't recommend that method anyway, they prefer a storyboard.
> Has anyone done that, and is it possible?

Re: iOS launch screen dimensions

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Hi Panos,

Here's the page with Apple's iOS launch screen sizes:
<https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/icons-and-images/launch-screen/>

Some of those are in the SB and some aren't, and vice versa. Here's what
the SB asks for:

320x480
640x960
640x1136
750x1334
1242x2208
1125x2436
828x1792
1242x2688
768x1024
1536x2048
2048x2732

I only extracted the portrait sizes from the SB since that's all I'm
using but of course the landscape ones are the same if you read them
backwards.

On 1/13/20 4:02 PM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:

> Hello Jacque,
>
> The requirements in the S/B should match Apple's requirements - if they
> don't then it looks like a bug.
>
> Which screen's dimensions do not match? Also could you post the link of the
> webpage you are referring to?
>
> Kind regards
> Panos
> --
>
> PS: Using a storyboard is not supported in LC. I _think_ it is possible to
> do it though - if you tweak the IDE code that saves the iOS standalone.
>
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 23:46, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The list of launch screen dimensions on the Apple developer site doesn't
>> match the requirements in the standalone builder. Does that matter?
>>
>> Apple doesn't recommend that method anyway, they prefer a storyboard.
>> Has anyone done that, and is it possible?

Re: iOS launch screen dimensions

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
I just went through a comparison and it looks like most of the actually
do match. The SB is missing only these two:
11" iPad Pro 1668px × 2388px
10.5" iPad Pro 1668px × 2224px

I used a couple of online image generators to get the full range of
launch images, and they produced many other dimensions that aren't in
the SB, and didn't include some that are. Maybe they were producing
images for other things, storyboards maybe?