iOS text file download from Dropbox

dunbarx--- via use-livecode
I'm working on my first iOS app. It needs to access a 6mb text file in Dropbox. Using "dropboxDownLoad" it works fine on my Mac. On the iPhone I'm using specialFolderPath("Documents") as the location to save but I get an error every time - 573,336,1. When I poll it to see if the file exists it comes back as true, though if it's there it's empty. Any clues for me?

I have the Dropbox app installed on my iPhone but can't figure out if there's a way to access files from an LC app that way or not.

Marty

Re: iOS text file download from Dropbox

dunbarx--- via use-livecode
you could use the dropbox library, so you have direct access to your dropbox

Op 6-12-2019 om 23:32 schreef Marty Knapp via use-livecode:

> I'm working on my first iOS app. It needs to access a 6mb text file in Dropbox. Using "dropboxDownLoad" it works fine on my Mac. On the iPhone I'm using specialFolderPath("Documents") as the location to save but I get an error every time - 573,336,1. When I poll it to see if the file exists it comes back as true, though if it's there it's empty. Any clues for me?
>
> I have the Dropbox app installed on my iPhone but can't figure out if there's a way to access files from an LC app that way or not.
>
> Marty

Re: iOS text file download from Dropbox

dunbarx--- via use-livecode
A follow-up. Apparently the standalone builder was not picking up that it needed the Dropbox library (maybe because I use a script only behavior stack). So I manually included the Dropbox library. Still no joy. Then I though that maybe the Dropbox Library had some dependencies, though I could find nothing in that regard. So I included a number of other libraries that I thought might be needed and now I'm in business. Seems like overkill just to read a text file in Dropbox but it works!

Marty

> On Dec 6, 2019, at 2:32 PM, Marty Knapp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm working on my first iOS app. It needs to access a 6mb text file in Dropbox. Using "dropboxDownLoad" it works fine on my Mac. On the iPhone I'm using specialFolderPath("Documents") as the location to save but I get an error every time - 573,336,1. When I poll it to see if the file exists it comes back as true, though if it's there it's empty. Any clues for me?
>
> I have the Dropbox app installed on my iPhone but can't figure out if there's a way to access files from an LC app that way or not.
>
> Marty

Re: iOS text file download from Dropbox

dunbarx--- via use-livecode
Great!