iPad portrait size stack doesn't fit to display

iPad portrait size stack doesn't fit to display

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I have 13.3 inch Macbook retina computer (2560x1600 pixels). Now I try to
develop iPad software. When I opened new iPad portrait size stack it didn't
fit to my display. It is hard to put GUI elements to bottom of the stack,
at least I don't know how. What should I do to get the stack to show all.

Antti

Re: iPad portrait size stack doesn't fit to display

On Jul 21, 2017, at 5:14 AM, Antti Ilola via use-livecode <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

I have 13.3 inch Macbook retina computer (2560x1600 pixels). Now I try to
develop iPad software. When I opened new iPad portrait size stack it didn't
fit to my display. It is hard to put GUI elements to bottom of the stack,
at least I don't know how. What should I do to get the stack to show all.

Antii,

Try setting the fullScreenMode property:

on preOpenStack
   set the fullScreenMode of this stack to “showAll”
   # OR set the fullScreenMode of this stack to “letterbox”
end preOpenStack

Either option should show your full stack window without distortion.

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

Re: iPad portrait size stack doesn't fit to display

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I tried setting my stack to exact fit, then I went fullscreen on my stack. It did not scale. Is this a mobile feature only?

Bob S

On Jul 21, 2017, at 9:24 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

I tried setting my stack to exact fit, then I went fullscreen on my stack. It did not scale. Is this a mobile feature only?

Bob S

No, it works on the desktop also. Be sure to set the fullScreenMode before setting the fullScreen:

on mouseUp
set the fullscreenmode of this stack to "showAll" set the fullscreen of this stack to true end mouseUp

HTH

On 7/21/17 6:14 AM, Antti Ilola via use-livecode wrote:
> I have 13.3 inch Macbook retina computer (2560x1600 pixels). Now I try to
> develop iPad software. When I opened new iPad portrait size stack it didn't
> fit to my display. It is hard to put GUI elements to bottom of the stack,
> at least I don't know how. What should I do to get the stack to show all.

Try setting the scaleFactor of the stack to about .75

On Jul 21, 2017, at 11:52 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

On 7/21/17 6:14 AM, Antti Ilola via use-livecode wrote:
I have 13.3 inch Macbook retina computer (2560x1600 pixels). Now I try to
develop iPad software. When I opened new iPad portrait size stack it didn't
fit to my display. It is hard to put GUI elements to bottom of the stack,
at least I don't know how. What should I do to get the stack to show all.

Try setting the scaleFactor of the stack to about .75

Listen to Jacque. I think I misunderstood what you were asking. You want to be able to view the entire stack window on your laptop screen, and the scaleFactor will help with that.

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

Re: iPad portrait size stack doesn't fit to display

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thank you all, specially Jacque. 0.75 was too little, but 0.7 did it just
fine.
Maybe if I read a guide, I would have found it there, but I'm too lazy and
I knew that someone would help me in this fine community :-)

Antti

[hidden email]>:

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 11:52 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
> On 7/21/17 6:14 AM, Antti Ilola via use-livecode wrote:
> I have 13.3 inch Macbook retina computer (2560x1600 pixels). Now I try to
> develop iPad software. When I opened new iPad portrait size stack it didn't
> fit to my display. It is hard to put GUI elements to bottom of the stack,
> at least I don't know how. What should I do to get the stack to show all.
>
> Try setting the scaleFactor of the stack to about .75
>

> Listen to Jacque. I think I misunderstood what you were asking. You want
> to be able to view the entire stack window on your laptop screen, and the
> scaleFactor will help with that.
>
> Devin
>

> Devin Asay
> Director
> Office of Digital Humanities
> Brigham Young University

Re: iPad portrait size stack doesn't fit to display

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
sign on to my feature request/bug report from whenever it was.  Also, Scott
has a plugin called revNavigator that acts like the old HC positioning
palette.  It lets you move any open LC window around as you need to.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 3:42 AM, Antti Ilola via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you all, specially Jacque. 0.75 was too little, but 0.7 did it just
> fine.
> Maybe if I read a guide, I would have found it there, but I'm too lazy and
> I knew that someone would help me in this fine community :-)
>

> Antti

> [hidden email]>:
>

> > On Jul 21, 2017, at 11:52 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > On 7/21/17 6:14 AM, Antti Ilola via use-livecode wrote:
> > I have 13.3 inch Macbook retina computer (2560x1600 pixels). Now I try to
> > develop iPad software. When I opened new iPad portrait size stack it
> didn't
> > fit to my display. It is hard to put GUI elements to bottom of the stack,
> > at least I don't know how. What should I do to get the stack to show all.
> >
> > Try setting the scaleFactor of the stack to about .75
> >

> > Listen to Jacque. I think I misunderstood what you were asking. You want
> > to be able to view the entire stack window on your laptop screen, and the
> > scaleFactor will help with that.
> >
> > Devin
> >

> > Devin Asay
> > Director