iTunes Connect rejection

Mid West Coast Media
Upgraded to 8.1.2rc2 and Xcode 8.1 (Mac 10.11.5) and compiled a build to update an existing app. Submitted build got pre-rejected with the following immediate response email from Apple:

quote

Dear developer,
We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Indiana On Tap". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Non-public API usage:

The app references non-public symbols in Indiana On Tap: _getcontext, _makecontext, _setcontext
If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed.

/quote

Recompiled the same LiveCode file using 8.1.1 and Xcode 8 (I know store multiple versions of Xcode and Android tools on an external hard drive) and submitted to Apple as usual; though I did need to bump up the build number since there was already an existing binary with that value.

Not sure what the problem was, or if anyone else had experienced this.

--Andrew Bell
--Sent from my iPhone

Re: iTunes Connect rejection

Mark Waddingham-2
Hi Andrew,

> Recompiled the same LiveCode file using 8.1.1 and Xcode 8 (I know
> store multiple versions of Xcode and Android tools on an external hard
> drive) and submitted to Apple as usual; though I did need to bump up
> the build number since there was already an existing binary with that
> value.

Do you consistently get the same problem if you recompile with
8.1.2-rc-2?

If so, could you compile your app and send the compiled binary to us so
we can inspect it? The engine certainly doesn't use those calls (there
is no reference to them in the engine source), so it might well be a
false-positive on Apple's part (when statically checking the binary).

It *could* be that a name of one of the (public) symbols in the engine
is confusing their system.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps