is there a better way to do this?

Claudi Cornaz
Hi all,

I am trying to find a better way to get the value of a customkey of a
custompropertySet
when the name of the set is in a var.

The only way I get it to work is with a do statement like
( tSetName contains the name of a customPropertySet)

put "put the" && tSetName & "[uText] of this stack into tText" into
tCommandStr
do tCommandStr

Is there another, easyer and faster way?   (with "uText" possibly also
in a var?)

Thanks in advance

Claudi

Re: is there a better way to do this?

Björnke von Gierke

On Jun 14 2005, at 00:03, Claudi Cornaz wrote:

> put "put the" && tSetName & "[uText] of this stack into tText" into
> tCommandStr
> do tCommandStr

this should work:

on mouseUp
   put "new" into tSetname
   put  tSetname & "[uText]" into cprop
   put the cprop of this stack
end mouseUp

hope it helps
Bjoernke

--

http://contest.wecode.org
Now running: the first ChatRev coding contest!

Re: is there a better way to do this?

Björnke von Gierke

On Jun 14 2005, at 00:03, Claudi Cornaz wrote:

> .. (with "uText" possibly also in a var?) ..

oh, didn't see this part of your mail, you wanted something like this,
right?

on mouseUp
   put "new" into tSetname
   put "uText" into tProp
   put  tSetname & "[" & tProp & "]" into cprop
   put the cprop of this stack

http://contest.wecode.org
Now running: the first ChatRev coding contest!
sponsors:
Altuit
Andre Garzia
Karl Becker
Runtime Revolution
TidBITS in cooperation with eHUG

Re: is there a better way to do this?

Claudi Cornaz-2
Hi Björnke,

I can't get your sugestion to work. That's why I do it with a do
command.
I tried the following script. (uTestSet[uValue] is "Yes")

on mouseUp
   put "uTestSet" into tVar
   put the tVar[uValue] of this stack into fld "debug"
   put cr & "-----" & cr after fld "debug"
   put "put the" && tVar & "[uValue] of this stack after fld" && quote &
"debug" & quote into tCommandStr
   do tCommandStr
end mouseUp

The result is:

-----
Yes

As you can see the first line is empty and when done with the do
construct it works. (the line after ------)

What am I doing wrong?

Best wishes
Claudi

On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at 12:52 AM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> On Jun 14 2005, at 00:03, Claudi Cornaz wrote:
>
>> .. (with "uText" possibly also in a var?) ..
>
> oh, didn't see this part of your mail, you wanted something like this,
> right?
>
> on mouseUp
>   put "new" into tSetname
>   put "uText" into tProp
>   put  tSetname & "[" & tProp & "]" into cprop
>   put the cprop of this stack
> end mouseUp
>
> --
>
> http://contest.wecode.org
> Now running: the first ChatRev coding contest!
> sponsors:
> Altuit
> Andre Garzia
> Karl Becker
> Runtime Revolution
> TidBITS in cooperation with eHUG

Re: is there a better way to do this?

Björnke von Gierke
Hi Claudi
You need to assemble your String that you want to "put" before you do
anything else with it, like this:

on mouseUp
   put "uTestSet" into tVar
   put  tVar & "[uValue]" into cprop
   --alternatively if uValue is a variable:
   --put tvar & "[" & uValue & "]" into cprop
   put the cprop of this stack into fld "debug"

On Jun 14 2005, at 12:03, Claudi Cornaz wrote:

> Hi Björnke,
>

> I can't get your sugestion to work. That's why I do it with a do
> command.
> I tried the following script. (uTestSet[uValue] is "Yes")
>
> on mouseUp
>   put "uTestSet" into tVar
>   put the tVar[uValue] of this stack into fld "debug"
>   put cr & "-----" & cr after fld "debug"
>   put "put the" && tVar & "[uValue] of this stack after fld" && quote
> & "debug" & quote into tCommandStr
>   do tCommandStr
> end mouseUp
>
> The result is:
>
> -----
> Yes
>
> As you can see the first line is empty and when done with the do
> construct it works. (the line after ------)
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Best wishes
> Claudi
>

> On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at 12:52 AM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
>

>> On Jun 14 2005, at 00:03, Claudi Cornaz wrote:
>>
>>> .. (with "uText" possibly also in a var?) ..
>>
>> oh, didn't see this part of your mail, you wanted something like
>> this, right?
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>   put "new" into tSetname
>>   put "uText" into tProp
>>   put  tSetname & "[" & tProp & "]" into cprop
>>   put the cprop of this stack
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> --
>>
>> http://contest.wecode.org
>> Now running: the first ChatRev coding contest!
>> sponsors:
>> Altuit
>> Andre Garzia
>> Karl Becker
>> Runtime Revolution
>> TidBITS in cooperation with eHUG

RunRev 2.6.5 Refresh Problem

David Burgun
Hi,

The Application Broweser in RunRev 2.6.5 doesn't seem to refresh
properly. If I change an object's name, the old name stays in the App
Browser? If this supposed to work this way?

Thanks a lot
Dave

Re: is there a better way to do this?

Claudi Cornaz
Thanks Björnke

I had to read it twice before I got it, but I did. (get it the second
time.)
The whole propertiySet including the customKeypart should be in one
variable,
you can't assemble it in one statement. Put it all in a var before you
use it and it's ok.

Thanks a lot

Warmest regards
Claudi