is tsnet downwards compatible?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hello,

can I take the newest tsnet.dll (from 8.1.9 or 9..0dp4) and use it with LC
8.1.4? Is it downward compatible?

The reason I ask for is, that I need the newest tsnet because of some proxy
server problem in older version, but I can't use LC newer than 8.1.4 because
it can't play mp4 videos on some windows machines. So I wanted to stay with
LC 8.1.4 and just copy manually the tsnet from 9.0

Should this be a good idea?

Thanks

Tiemo

Re: is tsnet downwards compatible?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Tiemo,

Unless you are deploying to iOS devices, you should be ok to use the latest version of tsNet with LC 8.1.4.  Each build of tsNet contains iOS binaries specifically for the version of LC it relates to.

Cheers,

Charles

> On 9 Mar 2018, at 8:16 pm, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> can I take the newest tsnet.dll (from 8.1.9 or 9..0dp4) and use it with LC
> 8.1.4? Is it downward compatible?
>

> The reason I ask for is, that I need the newest tsnet because of some proxy
> server problem in older version, but I can't use LC newer than 8.1.4 because
> it can't play mp4 videos on some windows machines. So I wanted to stay with
> LC 8.1.4 and just copy manually the tsnet from 9.0
>
> Should this be a good idea?
>

> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

AW: is tsnet downwards compatible?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Charles,
thanks for the confirmation, I use it for Win and Mac.