lcGoogleDrive, Livecode for FM, etc.

Alex Tweedly

Actually, that subject line should probably be

     lcGoogleDrive *without* Livecode for FM

I see that one of the components listed under Livecode for FM is a
library for OAuth2 and GoogleDrive.

Have I missed any announcement of those being available generally - i.e.
without LC4FM ?    I'm not expecting them to be free - but I do think
they'd be useful in themselves.

Thanks

-- Alex.

Re: lcGoogleDrive, Livecode for FM, etc.

Monte Goulding-2
Hi Alex

Yes one of the side effects of the LiveCode for FM project is a renewed push to show off what can be done with LiveCode to a community that hasn't seen it before and the oauth2 library and google drive library are a result of that. The oauth2 library is in/will be in LC community 9. We really wanted to facilitate people wrapping web services with this.

Google drive might possibly make 9 (not sure on the edition) but it may need to be fleshed out with more APIs than have been done thus far.

I also have a MIME library that has a pretty handy htmlText field to multipart email handler. It does embedded images too so it's quite helpful. That's what he Troubleshooting dialog uses. I believe that will be in community too.

Cheers

Monte

Sent from my iPhone

> On 18 Nov. 2016, at 11:29 am, Alex Tweedly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Actually, that subject line should probably be
>
>    lcGoogleDrive *without* Livecode for FM
>

> I see that one of the components listed under Livecode for FM is a library for OAuth2 and GoogleDrive.
>
> Have I missed any announcement of those being available generally - i.e. without LC4FM ?    I'm not expecting them to be free - but I do think they'd be useful in themselves.
>
> Thanks
>
> -- Alex.

Re: lcGoogleDrive, Livecode for FM, etc.

Alex Tweedly
Wow ! Terrific. Like I said, I would have been happy to pay for extra
compnents, so to hear that they will be included, and in the Community
version, is better than I would have hoped for.

Thanks Monte.
Alex.

On 18/11/2016 00:58, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Hi Alex
>
> Yes one of the side effects of the LiveCode for FM project is a renewed push to show off what can be done with LiveCode to a community that hasn't seen it before and the oauth2 library and google drive library are a result of that. The oauth2 library is in/will be in LC community 9. We really wanted to facilitate people wrapping web services with this.
>
> Google drive might possibly make 9 (not sure on the edition) but it may need to be fleshed out with more APIs than have been done thus far.
>
> I also have a MIME library that has a pretty handy htmlText field to multipart email handler. It does embedded images too so it's quite helpful. That's what he Troubleshooting dialog uses. I believe that will be in community too.
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 18 Nov. 2016, at 11:29 am, Alex Tweedly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Actually, that subject line should probably be
>>
>>     lcGoogleDrive *without* Livecode for FM
>>

>> I see that one of the components listed under Livecode for FM is a library for OAuth2 and GoogleDrive.
>>
>> Have I missed any announcement of those being available generally - i.e. without LC4FM ?    I'm not expecting them to be free - but I do think they'd be useful in themselves.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -- Alex.

Re: lcGoogleDrive, Livecode for FM, etc.

Skip Kimpel
That is really good news!

> On Nov 19, 2016, at 9:13 AM, Alex Tweedly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow ! Terrific. Like I said, I would have been happy to pay for extra compnents, so to hear that they will be included, and in the Community version, is better than I would have hoped for.
>

> Thanks Monte.
> Alex.
>
>> On 18/11/2016 00:58, Monte Goulding wrote:
>> Hi Alex
>>
>> Yes one of the side effects of the LiveCode for FM project is a renewed push to show off what can be done with LiveCode to a community that hasn't seen it before and the oauth2 library and google drive library are a result of that. The oauth2 library is in/will be in LC community 9. We really wanted to facilitate people wrapping web services with this.
>>
>> Google drive might possibly make 9 (not sure on the edition) but it may need to be fleshed out with more APIs than have been done thus far.
>>
>> I also have a MIME library that has a pretty handy htmlText field to multipart email handler. It does embedded images too so it's quite helpful. That's what he Troubleshooting dialog uses. I believe that will be in community too.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Monte
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 18 Nov. 2016, at 11:29 am, Alex Tweedly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Actually, that subject line should probably be
>>>
>>>    lcGoogleDrive *without* Livecode for FM
>>>

>>> I see that one of the components listed under Livecode for FM is a library for OAuth2 and GoogleDrive.
>>>
>>> Have I missed any announcement of those being available generally - i.e. without LC4FM ?    I'm not expecting them to be free - but I do think they'd be useful in themselves.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> -- Alex.

Re: lcGoogleDrive, Livecode for FM, etc.

Monte Goulding-2

> On 20 Nov. 2016, at 1:13 am, Alex Tweedly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow ! Terrific. Like I said, I would have been happy to pay for extra compnents, so to hear that they will be included, and in the Community version, is better than I would have hoped for

I should clarify that at the moment there hasn’t been any discussion of making the LiveCode for FM pre-canned custom components generally available to the rest of the community although the PDF selection dialog is the new XPDF demo stack. While I only see benefits in doing so I’m not the one that makes these decisions ;-) It will probably also take us a while to figure out a good plan for providing examples in the IDE that magically turn into custom components when we build LiveCode for FM. There’s also some decisions to be made about which edition things go into.

They are intended to be both examples and by the end of the beta period (if not yet already) solid features to add to a FileMaker solution. The idea being that there will likely be a percentage of people buying LiveCode for FM that just want to use the default set of components.

As examples they are just as good for regular LiveCode as they are for LiveCode for FM. The main difference with FileMaker being the way data is passed back and forth. Obviously if we can get the wider community adding extra APIs  to the google drive library (it currently only has upload file and export as PDF along with the file/folder picker) or wrapping new web services leveraging the oauth2 library then that’s a win for everyone.

Cheers

Monte

Re: lcGoogleDrive, Livecode for FM, etc.

Roger Eller
I have no use at all for FM, but a lcGoogleDrive would be just wonderful.

~Roger

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Monte Goulding <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 20 Nov. 2016, at 1:13 am, Alex Tweedly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Wow ! Terrific. Like I said, I would have been happy to pay for extra
> compnents, so to hear that they will be included, and in the Community
> version, is better than I would have hoped for
>
> I should clarify that at the moment there hasn’t been any discussion of
> making the LiveCode for FM pre-canned custom components generally available
> to the rest of the community although the PDF selection dialog is the new
> XPDF demo stack. While I only see benefits in doing so I’m not the one that
> makes these decisions ;-) It will probably also take us a while to figure
> out a good plan for providing examples in the IDE that magically turn into
> custom components when we build LiveCode for FM. There’s also some
> decisions to be made about which edition things go into.
>
> They are intended to be both examples and by the end of the beta period
> (if not yet already) solid features to add to a FileMaker solution. The
> idea being that there will likely be a percentage of people buying LiveCode
> for FM that just want to use the default set of components.
>
> As examples they are just as good for regular LiveCode as they are for
> LiveCode for FM. The main difference with FileMaker being the way data is
> passed back and forth. Obviously if we can get the wider community adding
> extra APIs  to the google drive library (it currently only has upload file
> and export as PDF along with the file/folder picker) or wrapping new web
> services leveraging the oauth2 library then that’s a win for everyone.
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Re: lcGoogleDrive, Livecode for FM, etc.

Monte Goulding-2

> On 20 Nov. 2016, at 9:15 am, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have no use at all for FM, but a lcGoogleDrive would be just wonderful.

Cool, with the OAuth2 library + JSON <-> Array web services aren’t that complicated. It’s largely just a matter or reading the API docs from there to see how to do what you want to do.

Here’s the example from the OAuth2 library which posts a message to slack:

constant kAuthURL = "https://slack.com/oauth/authorize"
constant kTokenURL = "https://slack.com/api/oauth.access"
constant kClientID = "XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX"
constant kClientSecret = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
constant kScopes = "incoming-webhook"

OAuth2 kAuthURL, kTokenURL, kClientID, kClientSecret, kScopes, 54303
if the result is not empty then
   answer error "Not authorized!"
else
   local tAuth
   put it into tAuth
   local tMessage
   ask question "What do you want to send?"
   if it is empty then
      exit mouseUp
   end if

   put it into tMessage["text"]
   put ArrayToJSON(tMessage) into tMessage

   set the httpHeaders to "Content-type: application/json" & \
         return & "Authorization: token " & sAuth["access_token"]
   post tMessage to url tAuth["incoming_webhook"]["url"]