libJSON

Andrew Kluthe
Hey folks,

A while back I had my hands on Mark Smith's JSON library for serializing
arrays into JSON.

The link to his website seems to be down.

Anyone know where I can pick a copy of this up?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: libJSON

Andrew Kluthe
I should have looked at RevOnline first.

http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/82/LibJson-1-0b

Here is the link for people searching the list later on.

Re: libJSON

Stephen Barncard-4
Now I wish I could find the author, Mark Smith. To confuse the issue, there
is another Mark Smith that is currently on the list. I wish to confer with
the first Mark about his audio code and ideas.

On 26 September 2011 18:13, Andrew Kluthe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I should have looked at RevOnline first.
>
> http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/82/LibJson-1-0b
>

> Here is the link for people searching the list later on.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Andre Garzia-3
Stephen,

I have my own library for JSON. I think Marks might be more complete but if
you want to check it out:

http://andregarzia.com/stacks/lib.aag.json.livecode

It is a minimal library so don't expect a lot... :-D

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM, stephen barncard <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now I wish I could find the author, Mark Smith. To confuse the issue, there
> is another Mark Smith that is currently on the list. I wish to confer with
> the first Mark about his audio code and ideas.
>
> On 26 September 2011 18:13, Andrew Kluthe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I should have looked at RevOnline first.
> >
> > http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/82/LibJson-1-0b
> >

> > Here is the link for people searching the list later on.
> >
> > --

> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco Ca. USA
>
> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Re: libJSON

Andre Garzia-3
forgot to say, any feedback is welcome.... :-D

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> I have my own library for JSON. I think Marks might be more complete but if
> you want to check it out:
>
> http://andregarzia.com/stacks/lib.aag.json.livecode
>
> It is a minimal library so don't expect a lot... :-D
>

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM, stephen barncard <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Now I wish I could find the author, Mark Smith. To confuse the issue,
>> there
>> is another Mark Smith that is currently on the list. I wish to confer with
>> the first Mark about his audio code and ideas.
>>
>> On 26 September 2011 18:13, Andrew Kluthe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I should have looked at RevOnline first.
>> >
>> > http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/82/LibJson-1-0b
>> >

>> > Here is the link for people searching the list later on.
>> >
>> > --

>> Stephen Barncard
>> San Francisco Ca. USA
>>
>> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

> http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

--
http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Re: libJSON

Stephen Barncard-4
thanks Andre, - I wasn't the guy asking about Json, but will gladly add this
to my code library. I was just looking for the 'earlier' Mark Smith, who
like Derek Bump, disappeared from this list and web. When that happens, I
fear the worst.

sqb

On 26 September 2011 21:29, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> forgot to say, any feedback is welcome.... :-D
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Stephen,
> >
> > I have my own library for JSON. I think Marks might be more complete but
> if
> > you want to check it out:
> >
> > http://andregarzia.com/stacks/lib.aag.json.livecode
> >
> > It is a minimal library so don't expect a lot... :-D
> >

> > On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM, stephen barncard <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Now I wish I could find the author, Mark Smith. To confuse the issue,
> >> there
> >> is another Mark Smith that is currently on the list. I wish to confer
> with
> >> the first Mark about his audio code and ideas.

> >> --
> >>

> >> Stephen Barncard
> >> San Francisco Ca. USA
> >>
> >> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>
> >>

> > --
> > http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.
> >

> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi,

there is still his On-Rev Site online at http://marksmith.on-rev.com

Information about his libraries can be found here

http://marksmith.on-rev.com/revstuff/

but the D/L links seem not to be correct.

But the libaries can be downloaded from here

http://marksmith.on-rev.com/revstuff/files/

And according to the ip-Adress of that domain his on-rev e-mail address should be

[hidden email]

Maybe he is checking that e-mail box. Give it a try.

Regards,

Matthias

Am 27.09.2011 um 06:47 schrieb stephen barncard:

> thanks Andre, - I wasn't the guy asking about Json, but will gladly add this
> to my code library. I was just looking for the 'earlier' Mark Smith, who
> like Derek Bump, disappeared from this list and web. When that happens, I
> fear the worst.
>
> sqb
>
> On 26 September 2011 21:29, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> forgot to say, any feedback is welcome.... :-D
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Stephen,
>>>
>>> I have my own library for JSON. I think Marks might be more complete but
>> if
>>> you want to check it out:
>>>
>>> http://andregarzia.com/stacks/lib.aag.json.livecode
>>>
>>> It is a minimal library so don't expect a lot... :-D

>> with

>>> --
>>> http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.
>>>

>> --
>> http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco Ca. USA
>
> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Bernard Devlin-2
I seem to remember that Mark Smith sent an announcement to the list
when he moved domains.  It might be worth checking the archives to see
if he is contactable at the new domain/website.

Bernard

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Matthias Rebbe
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> And according to the ip-Adress of that domain his on-rev e-mail address should be

Re: libJSON

Martin Koob
If you click on the paypal donate button on his webpage

http://marksmith.on-rev.com/revstuff/

there is an e-mail address there you could try.

Martin

Re: libJSON

Martin Koob
I tried the address on Mark Smith's paypal page.  I got an error message from the mail server saying it was undeliverable.

Martin

Re: libJSON

Stephen Barncard-4
I got the same error message. I fear the worse for Mark Smith.

On 29 September 2011 05:47, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried the address on Mark Smith's paypal page.  I got an error message
> from
> the mail server saying it was undeliverable.
>
> Martin

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Did one try his on-rev address i posted here?

Regards,

Matthias

Am 29.09.2011 um 17:07 schrieb stephen barncard:

> I got the same error message. I fear the worse for Mark Smith.
>
> On 29 September 2011 05:47, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I tried the address on Mark Smith's paypal page.  I got an error message
>> from
>> the mail server saying it was undeliverable.
>>
>> Martin

> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco Ca. USA
>
> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Stephen Barncard-4
yes, yes. of course, I"m not that thick.

All 3 addresses I could find attributed to Mark Smith, including the other
Mark Smith who is very much around.

On 29 September 2011 08:26, Matthias Rebbe <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did one try his on-rev address i posted here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>
> Am 29.09.2011 um 17:07 schrieb stephen barncard:
>
> > I got the same error message. I fear the worse for Mark Smith.
> >
> > On 29 September 2011 05:47, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I tried the address on Mark Smith's paypal page.  I got an error message
> >> from
> >> the mail server saying it was undeliverable.
> >>
> >> Martin
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> >

> > Stephen Barncard
> > San Francisco Ca. USA
> >
> > more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Smith_%28musician_%E2%80%93_producer%29

:(

Am 29.09.2011 um 17:28 schrieb stephen barncard:

> yes, yes. of course, I"m not that thick.
>
> All 3 addresses I could find attributed to Mark Smith, including the other
> Mark Smith who is very much around.
>
> On 29 September 2011 08:26, Matthias Rebbe <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Did one try his on-rev address i posted here?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>> Am 29.09.2011 um 17:07 schrieb stephen barncard:
>>
>>> I got the same error message. I fear the worse for Mark Smith.

>>> --
>>>

>>> Stephen Barncard
>>> San Francisco Ca. USA
>>>
>>> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco Ca. USA
>
> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Stephen Barncard-4
Mark and I had several very friendly exchanges in 2008-2009 about my quest
for an audio export from livecode, but at the time I had no idea about his
music life, or that he was such a bad-ass bass player and so well loved in
the UK music community.  He's all over
youtube<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiLe12Um7yA&NR=1> .

Neither one of us talked about our music business experiences at all, he
didn't wear it on his sleeve.  I really liked the guy, even though we'd
never met face to face. He was a giving and valuable member of this list and
he is missed.   I guess his on-rev site will be around 'forever' as I think
he got in on the Pioneer plan.

A potential good friend lost way too soon. May he rest in peace.

On 29 September 2011 08:38, Matthias Rebbe <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Smith_%28musician_%E2%80%93_producer%29
>
> :(
>

> Am 29.09.2011 um 17:28 schrieb stephen barncard:
>
> > yes, yes. of course, I"m not that thick.
> >
> > All 3 addresses I could find attributed to Mark Smith, including the
> other
> > Mark Smith who is very much around.
> >
> > On 29 September 2011 08:26, Matthias Rebbe <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Did one try his on-rev address i posted here?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Matthias

> message

> > --
> >

> > Stephen Barncard
> > San Francisco Ca. USA
> >
> > more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

mwieder
Stephen-

I've been walking around sad all day about this. I just assumed Mark
was on tour somewhere and being uncommunicative. Never thought to
check Wikipedia. A couple of years ago when we discovered we were both
bass players we started swapping stories - unfortunately I had an
email crash a while back and all that correspondence is now gone. I do
remember that he had an amazing rendition of a Bach violin piece that
he had transcribed for the bass. The fingering got a little tricky in
places but it worked well. Maybe I'll try to resurrect it.

Plus he was no slouch in sharing some very useful libraries. RIP.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: libJSON

Stephen Barncard-4
I would also like to find out what happened to Derek Bump, also currently
missing from the list.  I hope he's ok.... and just doing something else.

sqb

On 29 September 2011 17:56, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stephen-
>
> I've been walking around sad all day about this. I just assumed Mark
> was on tour somewhere and being uncommunicative. Never thought to
> check Wikipedia. A couple of years ago when we discovered we were both
> bass players we started swapping stories - unfortunately I had an
> email crash a while back and all that correspondence is now gone. I do
> remember that he had an amazing rendition of a Bach violin piece that
> he had transcribed for the bass. The fingering got a little tricky in
> places but it worked well. Maybe I'll try to resurrect it.
>
> Plus he was no slouch in sharing some very useful libraries. RIP.
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Michael Kann
Derek Bump
9510 Old Creek Rd
Batavia, NY 14020
(585) 344-1254

I would also like to find out what happened to Derek Bump, also currently
missing from the list.  I hope he's ok.... and just doing something else.

sqb

On 29 September 2011 17:56, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stephen-
>
> I've been walking around sad all day about this. I just assumed Mark
> was on tour somewhere and being uncommunicative. Never thought to
> check Wikipedia. A couple of years ago when we discovered we were both
> bass players we started swapping stories - unfortunately I had an
> email crash a while back and all that correspondence is now gone. I do
> remember that he had an amazing rendition of a Bach violin piece that
> he had transcribed for the bass. The fingering got a little tricky in
> places but it worked well. Maybe I'll try to resurrect it.
>
> Plus he was no slouch in sharing some very useful libraries. RIP.
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: libJSON

Bernard Devlin-2
I am so sad about this.  Over the last 3 or 4 years, this list has
lost some truly great people.  Mark Smith was one of them.  When I saw
the post to his wikipedia entry, I just thought "that's got to be the
wrong Mark".  I had no idea he was a musician as well as a programmer.
 I've probably made more use of libraries contributed by Mark than by
those of anyone else.

RIP Eric Chatonet
RIP Bill Marriott
RIP Mark Smith

It makes me really appreciate having gone last week to spend time with
a relative who is 90 next year.  When people as young as the above
three have left us so soon, we have to appreciate those we have around
us still.

Bernard