Quantcast

libjson replacement

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Do we have a drop-in replacement for libjson?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: libjson replacement

On 2/19/17 9:48 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> Do we have a drop-in replacement for libjson?

We have two: jsonToArray/arrayToJson, in the general dictionary entries,
and jsonImport in the JSON dictionary category.

Re: libjson replacement

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
But are the syntax and the results the same?

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 4:46 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/19/17 9:48 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Do we have a drop-in replacement for libjson?
>>

> We have two: jsonToArray/arrayToJson, in the general dictionary entries,
> and jsonImport in the JSON dictionary category.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: libjson replacement

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
I've only used jsonImport to get LC arrays, and the syntax and results
are the same. As far as I can tell, the main difference is when you have
json that isn't a JSON object, in which case jsonImport translates it to
the LC equivalent (list, string, boolean, etc.)