line 1 of the volumes

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi friends,

this came up in the forum: Can we rely on the fact that
-> line 1 of the volumes
is always the BOOT volume?

Thanks in advance!

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: line 1 of the volumes

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi all,

> Am 19.07.2018 um 17:58 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi friends,
>
> this came up in the forum: Can we rely on the fact that
> -> line 1 of the volumes
> is always the BOOT volume?

noone for a quick YES or NO?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

AW: line 1 of the volumes

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
LC 9.0, Win10: C:
For me, yes. In gerneral?
Tiemo

> Am 19.07.2018 um 17:58 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode
<[hidden email]>:

> Hi friends,
>
> this came up in the forum: Can we rely on the fact that
> -> line 1 of the volumes
> is always the BOOT volume?

noone for a quick YES or NO?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: line 1 of the volumes

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi Tiemo,

> Am 20.07.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> LC 9.0, Win10: C:
> For me, yes.

for me, too.

> In general?

Well, that was my question. :-)

> Tiemo
>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> this came up in the forum: Can we rely on the fact that
>> -> line 1 of the volumes
>> is always the BOOT volume?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: line 1 of the volumes

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
My guess would be yes since the OS should always report that as the first
drive...but I can't be sure.  the only way to know for sure is to ask
someone with intimate knowledge of the C++ behind the function.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> this came up in the forum: Can we rely on the fact that
> -> line 1 of the volumes
> is always the BOOT volume?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: line 1 of the volumes

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi Tom,

> Am 20.07.2018 um 16:51 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> My guess would be yes since the OS should always report that as the first
> drive...but I can't be sure.  the only way to know for sure is to ask
> someone with intimate knowledge of the C++ behind the function.

yes, sure, I was hoping Panos or even Mark W. would answer this. 8-)

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> this came up in the forum: Can we rely on the fact that
>> -> line 1 of the volumes
>> is always the BOOT volume?

Best

Klaus