lockscreen?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
So . . . owing to some oddities of my Devawriter Pro I have set up a new
interface that automatically converts encoded documents from it original
to another format; but that is implemented as an automation of one of
the manual interfaces; so a series (hundreds, thousands) of mouseUp
signals are despatched to images that function as buttons.

This makes for an extremely pretty user feedback situation, but also
means that things tend to be s . . . l . . . o . . . w . . .

If I lock the screen (so these automations don't show up) will that
speed things up?

Re: lockscreen?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
If you use lock screen to have 1 screen update rather than hundreds or thousands of screen updates, it will be vastly faster.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 15, 2017, at 7:26 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So . . . owing to some oddities of my Devawriter Pro I have set up a new
> interface that automatically converts encoded documents from it original
> to another format; but that is implemented as an automation of one of
> the manual interfaces; so a series (hundreds, thousands) of mouseUp
> signals are despatched to images that function as buttons.
>
> This makes for an extremely pretty user feedback situation, but also
> means that things tend to be s . . . l . . . o . . . w . . .
>
> If I lock the screen (so these automations don't show up) will that
> speed things up?
>
> Richmond.

Re: lockscreen?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode

> Richmond wrote:
> If I lock the screen (so these automations don't show up) will that
> speed things up?

lock screen; lock messages

Re: lockscreen?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thanks both: sorted out a lot of my nonsense.

Richmond.