<sigh> another regex question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi all.

I am trying to filter a list without integer numbers. Note that matchText(tControlNames, "[0-9]+") returns true, so the regex pattern IS working, but filter lines of tControlNames without "[0-9]+" does not filter out the lines with integer values, neither does filter lines of tControlNames not matching "[0-9]+".

Where am I going wrong?

Re: <sigh> another regex question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Try this form:
filter lines of tSource without regex pattern "^stack.*"

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I am trying to filter a list without integer numbers. Note that
> matchText(tControlNames, "[0-9]+") returns true, so the regex pattern IS
> working, but filter lines of tControlNames without "[0-9]+" does not filter
> out the lines with integer values, neither does filter lines of
> tControlNames not matching "[0-9]+".
>
> Where am I going wrong?

Re: <sigh> another regex question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thanks Mike. filter lines of tControlNames without regex pattern "[0-9]+" worked. The dictionary is a bit hazy on syntax for this. I might submit a clearer explanation at some point.

Bob S