mainStack and subStack question???

Ban Nguyen
Hello,

On my application that I am working on, it has a mainStack and 5
substacks

On the mainStack (card 1), I put 5 buttons to go to subStacks

This is a problem:  when user clicks on button 1 to go to substack 1,
the substack 1 shows, but when user click on button 2 to go to
substack2, the substack 1 disappears.

Is there anyway to keep the substack 1 stays until the substack 2 shows
up?

Re: mainStack and subStack question???

Klaus major-k
Hi Ban, old friend :-)

> Hello,
>
> On my application that I am working on, it has a mainStack and 5
> substacks
>
> On the mainStack (card 1), I put 5 buttons to go to subStacks
>
> This is a problem:  when user clicks on button 1 to go to substack 1,
> the substack 1 shows, but when user click on button 2 to go to
> substack2, the substack 1 disappears.
>
> Is there anyway to keep the substack 1 stays until the substack 2
> shows
> up?

it should stay open, actually, as long as you are not explicitely
closing it!
Maybe it is just covered by the newly opened substack or the mainstack?

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

RE: mainStack and subStack question???

Ban Nguyen

Hi Klaus,

---------------------
it should stay open, actually, as long as you are not explicitely
closing it!
Maybe it is just covered by the newly opened substack or the mainstack?

---------------------

On the mainStack I have the audio Player, when user is reading substack
2 (for example) and the same time user click on the list of audio
outside the substack, the substack 2 disappears.  I want the substack 2
stay because user is reading it.

Re: mainStack and subStack question???

Eric Chatonet
Hi Ban,

You could have a look at the mode and style properties and all
related features: to be sure that a stack shows up (i.e. not masked
by another one) you could set its style to palette...
Please, dig in the docs and download the plugin I released today :-)

Le 14 juil. 05 à 18:31, Ban Nguyen a écrit :

> On my application that I am working on, it has a mainStack and 5
> substacks
>
> On the mainStack (card 1), I put 5 buttons to go to subStacks
>
> This is a problem:  when user clicks on button 1 to go to substack 1,
> the substack 1 shows, but when user click on button 2 to go to
> substack2, the substack 1 disappears.
>
> Is there anyway to keep the substack 1 stays until the substack 2
> shows
> up?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Re: mainStack and subStack question???

Devin Asay

On Jul 14, 2005, at 10:31 AM, Ban Nguyen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On my application that I am working on, it has a mainStack and 5
> substacks
>
> On the mainStack (card 1), I put 5 buttons to go to subStacks
>
> This is a problem:  when user clicks on button 1 to go to substack 1,
> the substack 1 shows, but when user click on button 2 to go to
> substack2, the substack 1 disappears.
>
> Is there anyway to keep the substack 1 stays until the substack 2
> shows
> up?

Ban,
It sounds like what you want is to smoothly transition from one stack
to another with no breaks, flashes, or jumps. The best way I have
found to do this is to use the go stack in window form, like this:

     go stack <name of substack> in window <name of current stack>

This will simply replace the contents of the window with the new
stack without having to visually close the old stack window and
create and open a new window.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University

-----------------------------
It sounds like what you want is to smoothly transition from one stack
to another with no breaks, flashes, or jumps. The best way I have
found to do this is to use the go stack in window form, like this:

     go stack <name of substack> in window <name of current stack>

This will simply replace the contents of the window with the new
stack without having to visually close the old stack window and
create and open a new window.

-------------------------

I did what you said but the window stop and could move the mouse
What Do you mean <name of current stack> ? is it the mainstack?

On Jul 14, 2005, at 11:24 AM, Ban Nguyen wrote:
> <snip>

> -----------------------------
> It sounds like what you want is to smoothly transition from one stack
> to another with no breaks, flashes, or jumps. The best way I have
> found to do this is to use the go stack in window form, like this:
>
>      go stack <name of substack> in window <name of current stack>
>
> This will simply replace the contents of the window with the new
> stack without having to visually close the old stack window and
> create and open a new window.
>
> -------------------------
>
> I did what you said but the window stop and could move the mouse
> What Do you mean <name of current stack> ? is it the mainstack?

What I mean there is to insert the name of the stack you are
currently in, for example, the stack you are working in is called
"myStack" then use:

     go stack "myOtherStack in window "myStack"

You could also make it more generic by using:

     go stack "myOtherStack" in window the short name of this stack

HTH

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University