mergDoc - no preview, no sharing

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Is there anybody who can confirm that the iOS external
mergDoc plays nicely in an iOS 11.2 or iOS 11.3.1 environment?

I am particularly interested to know if handler mergDocShowPreview
and “Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
or the share button work.

My tests using the mergDoc.livecode demo in LC 9.0 as well as in LC 8.1.10
produced the following results so far:

Files tested: .docx, ppsx, .txt, .pages, .pdf, .png

Device: iOS 11.2 on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

mergDocShowPreview worked for .png files only
“Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
or the share button fails although mergDocCanOpen() returns true,
the modal just shows the file name and “Office Open XML show” for
.ppsx files as an example

Simulator: iOS 11.2 on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

mergDocShowPreview works for all files
“Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
or the share button can not be tested

Device: iOS 11.3.1 on iPad Air

mergDocShowPreview works for all files
“Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
or the share button fails although mergDocCanOpen() returns true,
the modal just shows the file name and “Office Open XML show” for
.ppsx files as an example

Simulator: iOS 11.2 on iPad Air

mergDocShowPreview works for all files
“Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
or the share button: can not be tested

Ralf

Re: mergDoc - no preview, no sharing

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Ralf

I think there is a bug or perhaps deliberate policy change on 11.2+ that means that files from within the app bundle are not recognised correctly. Try copying files out of the bundle.

Cheers

Monte

> On 30 May 2018, at 7:32 am, Ralf Bitter via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there anybody who can confirm that the iOS external
> mergDoc plays nicely in an iOS 11.2 or iOS 11.3.1 environment?
>
> I am particularly interested to know if handler mergDocShowPreview
> and “Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
> or the share button work.
>
> My tests using the mergDoc.livecode demo in LC 9.0 as well as in LC 8.1.10
> produced the following results so far:
>
> Files tested: .docx, ppsx, .txt, .pages, .pdf, .png
>
> Device: iOS 11.2 on iPad Pro 10.5 inch
>
> mergDocShowPreview worked for .png files only
> “Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
> or the share button fails although mergDocCanOpen() returns true,
> the modal just shows the file name and “Office Open XML show” for
> .ppsx files as an example
>
> Simulator: iOS 11.2 on iPad Pro 10.5 inch
>
> mergDocShowPreview works for all files
> “Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
> or the share button can not be tested
>

> Device: iOS 11.3.1 on iPad Air
>
> mergDocShowPreview works for all files
> “Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
> or the share button fails although mergDocCanOpen() returns true,
> the modal just shows the file name and “Office Open XML show” for
> .ppsx files as an example
>
> Simulator: iOS 11.2 on iPad Air
>
> mergDocShowPreview works for all files
> “Copy to …” share extensions using mergDocShowOpenInMenu
> or the share button: can not be tested
>

> Ralf

Re: mergDoc - no preview, no sharing

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Monte,

thanks a lot! Copied the files to specialFolderPath("documents")
and all works as expected.

Thanks again and warm regards

Ralf