mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
" an Indy or Business license, will I get mergEXT automatically? Yes!"

As I have an Indy licence I would be grateful if I could find out
where I can download mergEXT.

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
you don't download it.  It's built in.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> " an Indy or Business license, will I get mergEXT automatically? Yes!"
>
> As I have an Indy licence I would be grateful if I could find out
> where I can download mergEXT.
>
> Richmond.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Thanks for the heads up!

Richmond.

On 4/12/17 3:43 pm, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:

> you don't download it.  It's built in.
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> " an Indy or Business license, will I get mergEXT automatically? Yes!"
>>
>> As I have an Indy licence I would be grateful if I could find out
>> where I can download mergEXT.
>>
>> Richmond.

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
on mac, its in Contents->Tools->Ext

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> you don't download it.  It's built in.
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> " an Indy or Business license, will I get mergEXT automatically? Yes!"
>>
>> As I have an Indy licence I would be grateful if I could find out
>> where I can download mergEXT.
>>
>> Richmond.

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
OK: now for the goofy questions . . . .

1. How do I find my robot's pUUID on a Mac?

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Robot?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK: now for the goofy questions . . . .
>
> 1. How do I find my robot's pUUID on a Mac?
>

> Richmond.

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Yup: https://www.bee-bot.us/bluebot.html

I really would like to control the Blue-Bot via a LiveCode front-end
rather than the crappy interface that
one has to pay $50 for that stinks.

Richmond.

On 4/12/17 3:58 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:

> Robot?
>

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> OK: now for the goofy questions . . . .
>>
>> 1. How do I find my robot's pUUID on a Mac?
>>

>> Richmond.

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
That looks really cool (for teaching)!

"PLEASE NOTE: Blue-Bot® is compatible with any iOS device with version
3.0/4.0+ EDR Bluetooth (e.g. iPad3 and later)"

So...  I would think you would use mergBLE for this.
http://mergext.com/home/mergble/

~Roger

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yup: https://www.bee-bot.us/bluebot.html
>
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29121
>
> I really would like to control the Blue-Bot via a LiveCode front-end
> rather than the crappy interface that
> one has to pay $50 for that stinks.
>
> Richmond.
>

> On 4/12/17 3:58 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Robot?
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK: now for the goofy questions . . . .
>>>
>>> 1. How do I find my robot's pUUID on a Mac?
>>>

>>> Richmond.

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I must be really stupid . . . but . . .

How do I use mergBLE to get a simple list of BlueTooth devices in a
listField?

Richmond.

On 4/12/17 4:08 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:

> That looks really cool (for teaching)!
>
> "PLEASE NOTE: Blue-Bot® is compatible with any iOS device with version
> 3.0/4.0+ EDR Bluetooth (e.g. iPad3 and later)"
>
> So...  I would think you would use mergBLE for this.
> http://mergext.com/home/mergble/
>
> ~Roger
>

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yup: https://www.bee-bot.us/bluebot.html
>>
>> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29121
>>
>> I really would like to control the Blue-Bot via a LiveCode front-end
>> rather than the crappy interface that
>> one has to pay $50 for that stinks.
>>
>> Richmond.
>>

>> On 4/12/17 3:58 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
>>
>>> Robot?
>>>

>>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK: now for the goofy questions . . . .

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I have never used it, but this is in the LC forum:

try
  mergBLEStopScanningForPeripherals
catch e
  answer e
end try

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28007&p=147215&hilit=mergBLE#p147215

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I must be really stupid . . . but . . .
>
> How do I use mergBLE to get a simple list of BlueTooth devices in a
> listField?
>
> Richmond.
>

> On 4/12/17 4:08 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> That looks really cool (for teaching)!
>>
>> "PLEASE NOTE: Blue-Bot® is compatible with any iOS device with version
>> 3.0/4.0+ EDR Bluetooth (e.g. iPad3 and later)"
>>
>> So...  I would think you would use mergBLE for this.
>> http://mergext.com/home/mergble/
>>
>> ~Roger
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup: https://www.bee-bot.us/bluebot.html
>>>
>>> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29121
>>>
>>> I really would like to control the Blue-Bot via a LiveCode front-end
>>> rather than the crappy interface that
>>> one has to pay $50 for that stinks.
>>>
>>> Richmond.
>>>

>>> On 4/12/17 3:58 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
>>>
>>> Robot?

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Have a look in the dictionary.  I don't know if Monte still has the demo
stacks available, but perhaps that would also help.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have never used it, but this is in the LC forum:
>
> try
>   mergBLEStopScanningForPeripherals
> catch e
>   answer e
> end try
>
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28007&p=
> 147215&hilit=mergBLE#p147215
>

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I must be really stupid . . . but . . .
> >
> > How do I use mergBLE to get a simple list of BlueTooth devices in a
> > listField?
> >
> > Richmond.
> >

> > On 4/12/17 4:08 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
> >
> >> That looks really cool (for teaching)!
> >>
> >> "PLEASE NOTE: Blue-Bot® is compatible with any iOS device with version
> >> 3.0/4.0+ EDR Bluetooth (e.g. iPad3 and later)"
> >>
> >> So...  I would think you would use mergBLE for this.
> >> http://mergext.com/home/mergble/
> >>
> >> ~Roger
> >>

> >> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> >> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Yup: https://www.bee-bot.us/bluebot.html

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Hi Folks

You probably want to get some docs for the robot and find out the service UUID that it offers then scan for peripherals with that service UUID. That’s the normal way of doing things but if there’s no docs available (from the looks of their downloads page you will need to request dev docs) you can scan for any peripherals and inspect them to work out what’s on offer. It would be great to get a write up of this for the LC blog if you get it all working.

The demo stack are inside that Ext folder which on mac is inside the app bundle -> Contents > Tools > Ext > mergBLE <version> > mergBLE.livecode. It isn’t pretty (just the baste basics needed to test functionality). We know this isn’t the most helpful location. At some point it would be nice to have a open demo stack button on the docs.

Cheers

Monte

> On 13 Apr 2017, at 12:30 am, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have a look in the dictionary.  I don't know if Monte still has the demo
> stacks available, but perhaps that would also help.
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have never used it, but this is in the LC forum:
>>
>> try
>>  mergBLEStopScanningForPeripherals
>> catch e
>>  answer e
>> end try
>>
>> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28007&p=
>> 147215&hilit=mergBLE#p147215
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I must be really stupid . . . but . . .
>>>
>>> How do I use mergBLE to get a simple list of BlueTooth devices in a
>>> listField?
>>>
>>> Richmond.

>   and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: mergEXT

On 4/13/17 2:22 am, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> You probably want to get some docs for the robot and find out the service UUID that it offers then scan for peripherals with that service UUID. That’s the normal way of doing things but if there’s no docs available (from the looks of their downloads page you will need to request dev docs) you can scan for any peripherals and inspect them to work out what’s on offer. It would be great to get a write up of this for the LC blog if you get it all working.

I have requested the dev docs; but whether the Terrapin Logo will let me
have them is another thing as they may smell a rat.

Richmond.

> The demo stack are inside that Ext folder which on mac is inside the app bundle -> Contents > Tools > Ext > mergBLE <version> > mergBLE.livecode. It isn’t pretty (just the baste basics needed to test functionality). We know this isn’t the most helpful location. At some point it would be nice to have a open demo stack button on the docs.
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte
>> On 13 Apr 2017, at 12:30 am, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have a look in the dictionary.  I don't know if Monte still has the demo
>> stacks available, but perhaps that would also help.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have never used it, but this is in the LC forum:
>>>
>>> try
>>>   mergBLEStopScanningForPeripherals
>>> catch e
>>>   answer e
>>> end try
>>>
>>> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28007&p=
>>> 147215&hilit=mergBLE#p147215

>> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>> On the second day, God created the oceans.
>> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>>    and did a little diving.
>> And God said, "This is good."

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I've just spend a fair time poking around the internet and cannot find
an application
that can give me the UUID numbers associated with a paired Bluetooth
device . . .

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I just Googled "Blue-Bot uuid" .... maybe one of the Github links will
point you in the right direction?

Phil Davis

On 4/13/17 9:05 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:

> I've just spend a fair time poking around the internet and cannot find
> an application
> that can give me the UUID numbers associated with a paired Bluetooth
> device . . .
>
> Richmond.

Phil Davis

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I end up with a lot of links to something called a "bluebot" which is
NOT the "Blue-Bot": fine
distinction, but it makes all the difference.

Richmond.

On 4/14/17 3:03 am, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:

> I just Googled "Blue-Bot uuid" .... maybe one of the Github links will
> point you in the right direction?
>
> Phil Davis
>

> On 4/13/17 9:05 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
>> I've just spend a fair time poking around the internet and cannot
>> find an application
>> that can give me the UUID numbers associated with a paired Bluetooth
>> device . . .
>>
>> Richmond.

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
If you (or someone you know or work with) have an Android phone or tablet,
try this app.  It will scan for nearby bluetooth devices and provide a
plethora of info (including UUID) about the devices.  It even sees Monte's
"Hello World" broadcast from LiveCode when you open his MergBLE sample
stack.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.macdom.ble.blescanner

~Roger

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I end up with a lot of links to something called a "bluebot" which is NOT
> the "Blue-Bot": fine
> distinction, but it makes all the difference.
>
> Richmond.
>

> On 4/14/17 3:03 am, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> I just Googled "Blue-Bot uuid" .... maybe one of the Github links will
>> point you in the right direction?
>>
>> Phil Davis
>>

>> On 4/13/17 9:05 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
>>
>>> I've just spend a fair time poking around the internet and cannot find
>>> an application
>>> that can give me the UUID numbers associated with a paired Bluetooth
>>> device . . .
>>>
>>> Richmond.

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Great, except that the Goog Play Store lists 3 "BLE Scanner" apps . . . . .

When I typed the URL into the Android tablet's browser it said "webpage
unavailable".

 From one of these I got: Service ffe0  Characteristic ffe1.

 From the second: 88:1B:99:0D:70:C1. [Your one]

 From the third: Something about "Rssi", listing 3 devices and no UUID
details.

HOWEVER . . .

Something called 'BLE TOOL' gave me the 88.... number  and then churned
for donkey's ages .....

BLE Analyzer told me the 88... number is the robot's MAC address.

BLE Reader gave me the MAC Address.

Bluetooth Monitor listed classes: 7936, 7936, 1f00 and a very long
SerialPort Service
which may be a UUID (?): 00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb

nRF Toolbox for BLR seemed overly complex.

My tablet is now full of "Blehh" :)

Richmond.

On 4/14/17 4:59 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:

> If you (or someone you know or work with) have an Android phone or tablet,
> try this app.  It will scan for nearby bluetooth devices and provide a
> plethora of info (including UUID) about the devices.  It even sees Monte's
> "Hello World" broadcast from LiveCode when you open his MergBLE sample
> stack.
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.macdom.ble.blescanner
>
> ~Roger
>

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I end up with a lot of links to something called a "bluebot" which is NOT
>> the "Blue-Bot": fine
>> distinction, but it makes all the difference.
>>
>> Richmond.
>>

>> On 4/14/17 3:03 am, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:
>>
>>> I just Googled "Blue-Bot uuid" .... maybe one of the Github links will
>>> point you in the right direction?
>>>
>>> Phil Davis

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
My link was directly to the app I used, made by Bluepixel Technology LLP.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.macdom.ble.blescanner

~Roger

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great, except that the Goog Play Store lists 3 "BLE Scanner" apps . . . . .
>
> When I typed the URL into the Android tablet's browser it said "webpage
> unavailable".
>
> From one of these I got: Service ffe0  Characteristic ffe1.
>
> From the second: 88:1B:99:0D:70:C1. [Your one]
>
> From the third: Something about "Rssi", listing 3 devices and no UUID
> details.
>
> HOWEVER . . .
>
> Something called 'BLE TOOL' gave me the 88.... number  and then churned
> for donkey's ages .....
>
> BLE Analyzer told me the 88... number is the robot's MAC address.
>
> BLE Reader gave me the MAC Address.
>
> Bluetooth Monitor listed classes: 7936, 7936, 1f00 and a very long
> SerialPort Service
> which may be a UUID (?): 00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
>
> nRF Toolbox for BLR seemed overly complex.
>
> My tablet is now full of "Blehh" :)
>
> Richmond.
>

> On 4/14/17 4:59 pm, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> If you (or someone you know or work with) have an Android phone or tablet,
>> try this app.  It will scan for nearby bluetooth devices and provide a
>> plethora of info (including UUID) about the devices.  It even sees Monte's
>> "Hello World" broadcast from LiveCode when you open his MergBLE sample
>> stack.
>>
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.macdom.ble.blescanner
>>
>> ~Roger
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I end up with a lot of links to something called a "bluebot" which is NOT
>>> the "Blue-Bot": fine
>>> distinction, but it makes all the difference.
>>>
>>> Richmond.
>>>

>>> On 4/14/17 3:03 am, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:
>>>
>>> I just Googled "Blue-Bot uuid" .... maybe one of the Github links will

Re: mergEXT

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I worked that out by looking the URL up on my Mac: Thanks.

The Android tablet browser, however . . . .

This app only gives me the Blue-bot's MAC address and
something called "RAW DATA": 0x0201020809426C7565426F740303F0FF

Ultimately you did help me, but in an unexpected way insofar as your message
stimulated me to start fooling around with one of my Android devices,
and I did find
something that looks very much like the robot's UUID with another app:

00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb

Whether that will be "enough" has yet to be seen.

Best, Richmond.