mergExt Markdown

Jerry Daniels-3
I cannot seem to get the mergExt markdown stuff to work in a standalone. Using 8.0.1 release version. Anyone else?

Re: mergExt Markdown

Monte Goulding-2
There were some issues with desktop mergExt inclusion in 8.0.1.

8.0.2 fixes it and 8.1 will bring some Ali awesomeness to the experience.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Jun 2016, at 4:23 AM, Jerry Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I cannot seem to get the mergExt markdown stuff to work in a standalone. Using 8.0.1 release version. Anyone else?

Re: mergExt Markdown

Jerry Daniels-3
Thx, Monte! “Ali awesomeness”?

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 2:47 PM, Monte Goulding <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There were some issues with desktop mergExt inclusion in 8.0.1.
>
> 8.0.2 fixes it and 8.1 will bring some Ali awesomeness to the experience.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 10 Jun 2016, at 4:23 AM, Jerry Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I cannot seem to get the mergExt markdown stuff to work in a standalone. Using 8.0.1 release version. Anyone else?

Re: mergExt Markdown

Monte Goulding-2

> On 10 Jun 2016, at 6:04 AM, Jerry Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thx, Monte! “Ali awesomeness”?

Ali from the LC team has worked some magic on standalone inclusions in 8.1.

Re: mergExt Markdown

Jerry Daniels-3
Monte,

Just tested markdown with 8.0.2 rc1. As far as I can tell, it does not fix it. Is there something I need to do in SA setting to make it work?

Best, Jerry

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 3:04 PM, Jerry Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thx, Monte! “Ali awesomeness”?
>
>> On Jun 9, 2016, at 2:47 PM, Monte Goulding <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> There were some issues with desktop mergExt inclusion in 8.0.1.
>>
>> 8.0.2 fixes it and 8.1 will bring some Ali awesomeness to the experience.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 10 Jun 2016, at 4:23 AM, Jerry Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I cannot seem to get the mergExt markdown stuff to work in a standalone. Using 8.0.1 release version. Anyone else?

Re: mergExt Markdown

Monte Goulding-2

> On 10 Jun 2016, at 7:09 AM, Jerry Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just tested markdown with 8.0.2 rc1. As far as I can tell, it does not fix it. Is there something I need to do in SA setting to make it work?

Are you including it on the copy files pane?

Re: mergExt Markdown

Jerry Daniels-3
I looked all over the place on the copy files page but didn't see how to add it. I'll check again. If you can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Best, Jerry

On Jun 9, 2016, 4:23 PM -0500, Monte Goulding<[hidden email]>, wrote:

> > On 10 Jun 2016, at 7:09 AM, Jerry Daniels<[hidden email]>wrote:
> >
> > Just tested markdown with 8.0.2 rc1. As far as I can tell, it does not fix it. Is there something I need to do in SA setting to make it work?
>
> Are you including it on the copy files pane?

Re: mergExt Markdown

Jerry Daniels-3
I figured out what 'Ali awesomeness' meant just before I checked email. I've got Mohammed Ali on the brain this week, I suppose.

Best, Jerry

On Jun 9, 2016, 3:10 PM -0500, Monte Goulding<[hidden email]>, wrote:

> > On 10 Jun 2016, at 6:04 AM, Jerry Daniels<[hidden email]>wrote:
> >
> > Thx, Monte! “Ali awesomeness”?
>
> Ali from the LC team has worked some magic on standalone inclusions in 8.1.

Re: mergExt Markdown

Monte Goulding-2

> On 10 Jun 2016, at 3:53 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I figured out what 'Ali awesomeness' meant just before I checked email. I've got Mohammed Ali on the brain this week, I suppose.

Well float like a butterfly over to the copy files pane and sting like a bee on the “Add Included External…” button ;-)

Re: mergExt Markdown

Jerry Daniels-3
That button is disabled. (The first place I looked.) INDY license, so it should work.

Best, Jerry

On Jun 10, 2016, 1:52 AM -0500, Monte Goulding<[hidden email]>, wrote:

> > On 10 Jun 2016, at 3:53 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > I figured out what 'Ali awesomeness' meant just before I checked email. I've got Mohammed Ali on the brain this week, I suppose.
>
> Well float like a butterfly over to the copy files pane and sting like a bee on the “Add Included External…” button ;-)

Re: mergExt Markdown

Monte Goulding-2

> On 10 Jun 2016, at 9:05 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> That button is disabled. (The first place I looked.) INDY license, so it should work.

Sorry Jerry, I’ve led you a merry dance. It turns out that 8.0.X only added an interim feature for iOS covering most of my externals. Standalone inclusions have been completely reworked for 8.1.

Cheers

Monte

Re: mergExt Markdown

Jerry Daniels-3
Thx, Monte. I've already coded around the problem by limiting the amount of markdown the app accepts from a user. So I've rolled my own limited translation of markdown.

Best, Jerry

On Jun 10, 2016, 6:13 AM -0500, Monte Goulding<[hidden email]>, wrote:

> > On 10 Jun 2016, at 9:05 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > That button is disabled. (The first place I looked.) INDY license, so it should work.
>
> Sorry Jerry, I’ve led you a merry dance. It turns out that 8.0.X only added an interim feature for iOS covering most of my externals. Standalone inclusions have been completely reworked for 8.1.
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Very OT - Bad pun

pink
Jerry Daniels-3 wrote
I figured out what 'Ali awesomeness' meant just before I checked email. I've got Mohammed Ali on the brain this week, I suppose.
I realize the spelling is off, but RunRev could put on their own Ali-Fraser match.

and I can't think of anything that rhymes Edinburgh... but if we moved it just a little ways away we could call it the "Fiasco is Glasgow"
---
Greg (pink) Miller
mad, pink and dangerous to code

Re: Very OT - Bad pun

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
uh oh… Now I have to read the list just to read Jerry's "stand up" deliveries. Welcome back Jerry. Your spirit was missed.

BR

Jerry Daniels-3 wrote
    and I can't think of anything that rhymes Edinburgh... but if we moved it
    just a little ways away we could call it the "Fiasco is Glasgow"

Re: Very OT - Bad pun

Jerry Daniels-3
Glad to be here, BR. But then I tend to feel that way wherever I might be. Nonetheless, thx for the ack!

On Aug 23, 2016, 2:01 PM -0500, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> uh oh… Now I have to read the list just to read Jerry's "stand up" deliveries. Welcome back Jerry. Your spirit was missed.
>
> BR
>
> Jerry Daniels-3 wrote
> and I can't think of anything that rhymes Edinburgh... but if we moved it
> just a little ways away we could call it the "Fiasco is Glasgow"

Re: Very OT - Bad pun

Richmond Mathewson-2
Well, as most North Americans seem to pronounce "Edinburgh" as "Edinbro"
. . .
one could almost say that the Fiasco grows and grows!

Divided by a common language we stand; United we . . . ?

Richmond.

On 23.08.2016 22:34, [hidden email] wrote:

> Glad to be here, BR. But then I tend to feel that way wherever I might be. Nonetheless, thx for the ack!
>
> On Aug 23, 2016, 2:01 PM -0500, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <[hidden email]>, wrote:
>> uh oh… Now I have to read the list just to read Jerry's "stand up" deliveries. Welcome back Jerry. Your spirit was missed.
>>
>> BR
>>
>> Jerry Daniels-3 wrote
>> and I can't think of anything that rhymes Edinburgh... but if we moved it
>> just a little ways away we could call it the "Fiasco is Glasgow"

Re: Very OT - Bad pun

Stephen Barncard-4
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Richmond <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Well, as most North Americans seem to pronounce "Edinburgh" as "Edinbro" .
> . .

I pronounced it ED-IN-BURG for years

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: Very OT - Bad pun

Richmond Mathewson-2
Maybe you have been pronouncing it ED-IN-BURG, but that is not how
Scots pronounce it . . .

So puns are out, but there is still a peerie problem in mid-Atlantic :)

R.

On 24.08.2016 00:29, stephen barncard wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Richmond <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, as most North Americans seem to pronounce "Edinburgh" as "Edinbro" .
>> . .
>
> I pronounced it ED-IN-BURG for years
>
> Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
> mixstream.org

Re: Very OT - Bad pun

Stephen Barncard-4
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Richmond <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Maybe you have been pronouncing it ED-IN-BURG, but that is not how
> Scots pronounce it . . .

I watch the BBC now and learned.

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: Very OT - Bad pun

Kay C Lan
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Richmond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Maybe you have been pronouncing it ED-IN-BURG, but that is not how
> Scots pronounce it . . .
>
> So puns are out,

Well in my neck of the woods it's pronounced 'nbra

So the LC Ali-Fraser swedge would be 'The Spar in the End Bar'