mobile - fullscreenmode "exactFit"

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
On mobile, shouldn't

   set the fullscreenmode of this stack to "exactFit"

scale the stack so that it fits on, and fills, the mobile screen?

I seem to having problems with this using LC9dp7 currently.

Also have an unrelated problem with a menuButton option called "Dead" not being passed through when selected, though the "Alive" one is successfully on the same button. Weird. Perhaps time to re-boot...

Ideas?

cheers

Alan :-)

Re: mobile - fullscreenmode "exactFit"

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
On the exactFit question, I still can’t think of a use case for that mode. What it should do is stretch your card contents to fill the screen. The other fullscreenmodes are more useful.

Do you lay out your interface with code? If not, what’s your approach for handling 16:9 iPhone screen and 4:3 iPad screen?

One other thing, if you’re testing on a physical iPhone, whether the card fills the whole screen depends on if you have included the [hidden email] splash screen. Without that it will only fill the center area, there would be borders too.

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:52 PM, Alan via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On mobile, shouldn't
>
>   set the fullscreenmode of this stack to "exactFit"
>
> scale the stack so that it fits on, and fills, the mobile screen?
>
> I seem to having problems with this using LC9dp7 currently.
>
> Also have an unrelated problem with a menuButton option called "Dead" not being passed through when selected, though the "Alive" one is successfully on the same button. Weird. Perhaps time to re-boot...
>
> Ideas?
>
> cheers
>
> Alan :-)

Re: mobile - fullscreenmode "exactFit"

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Colin

Thanks for the comments. In this particular case I'm not modifying my interface layout for different screen sizes - it's a quick implementation and at this stage isn't a concern.

The reminder about the splash screens solved the issue for me though there still must have been some "misfit" - as the app was working ok (in relation to this) in LC8. On re-selecting the same splash screen files, it successfully filled and stretched to cover the screen... what I was expecting. So thanks for the reminder!

cheers

Alan :-)