more IDE annoyances

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

more IDE annoyances

Jon-3
I have no idea if these have been BZ'd yet or not, nor do I know if they
have been fixed.

I enter RR.  I open a stack.  I click on a stack in the App Browser.  I
then try to click on the Script icon, but it is greyed out.  So.  Bug
number 1: if I select something to edit, the Script button should not be
greyed out.

I then click on an arbitrary object in my stack, just to get the
frigging IDE off the dime.  Finally, the script button becomes active.  
I then return to my beloved App Browser, click on the stack again, and
click the Script button. What gets edited? The arbitrary object in my
script!  Bug number two.

A few weeks ago people mentioned that a lot of bugs were getting fixed.  
Any idea when some of these bug fixes will end up in the hands of the
paying customers?  I'm getting tired of all of this quirk.  It's stuff
like this (editing the wrong object) that may lead one of us to editing
the wrong object without knowing it, which may lead to arbitrary confusion.

:(

Jon
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: more IDE annoyances

mwieder
Jon-

> number 1: if I select something to edit, the Script button should not be
> greyed out.

Verified here.
 
> click the Script button. What gets edited? The arbitrary object in my
> script!  Bug number two.

Verified again.

I can honestly say that I've never used the Script button before. I had to
go hunt around to find out what you were talking about. But both of these
are definitely bugs - the App Browser and the toolbar seem to be lightly
coupled.

Since you're on Windows, you can probably save some grief (and keystrokes)
by right-clicking on objects in the App Browser to edit them, or ctrl-alt-
clicking the actual object to edit it.

--
 Mark Wieder
 [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: more IDE annoyances

Jon-3
Thanks!  BZ 3035...

:)


Mark Wieder wrote:

>Jon-
>
>  
>
>>number 1: if I select something to edit, the Script button should not be
>>greyed out.
>>    
>>
>
>Verified here.
>
>  
>
>>click the Script button. What gets edited? The arbitrary object in my
>>script!  Bug number two.
>>    
>>
>
>Verified again.
>
>I can honestly say that I've never used the Script button before. I had to
>go hunt around to find out what you were talking about. But both of these
>are definitely bugs - the App Browser and the toolbar seem to be lightly
>coupled.
>
>Since you're on Windows, you can probably save some grief (and keystrokes)
>by right-clicking on objects in the App Browser to edit them, or ctrl-alt-
>clicking the actual object to edit it.
>
>  
>
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution