mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
Hi, I’m an old-timer who has been away from the list for a while.

I’ve run into a problem and I think it is a LiveCode problem but it might be an OS X problem or some combination.

I’m using 6.7.5.

Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for one or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where it is off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.

It also happens in my stacks.

This only applies to content, not the title bar or the menu along the top.

I wasn’t able to find anything among the bugs.

It might have been coincidence but one time it didn’t go away until I rebooted.  I was on Mavericks but now am on Yosemite and still see it.

Insight?  Anybody else seen this?  Or is this old news?

Thanks!

Dar

Old guy still doing LiveCode programming for folks

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dr. Hawkins
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for one
> or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where it is
> off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.

I see this on a regular basis in 7.

I've found no solution but restarting.

I just tend to write it off as one more annoying bit of incompetence in the
IDE; it isn't nearly as frustrating and time consuming as the shade
variable bug, but takes more of my time than the menu inconsistent states.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

J. Landman Gay
On August 15, 2015 9:58:45 AM CDT, "Dr. Hawkins" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for
>one
>> or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where
>it is
>> off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.
>>

>I see this on a regular basis in 7.

I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party mouse?

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Mike Bonner
If its a bluetooth mouse, you might disconnect, and reconnect it and see if
the problem goes away. Or try a wired mouse for a bit and see if it works
better.
I think I also read somewhere that turning off wifi for a min, then back on
can reset the connection to a bluetooth mouse.  (some shared hardware
between them, namely the antenna and...?  )
Oh.  And silly thought, but if your mouse is wireless with changeable
batteries, might swap em out.

Weird that you only notice it in LC of course, so /shrug..

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 9:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On August 15, 2015 9:58:45 AM CDT, "Dr. Hawkins" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for
> >one
> >> or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where
> >it is
> >> off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.
> >>

> >I see this on a regular basis in 7.
>
> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party
> mouse?

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)

This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons, fields and option menus on it.

It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or modifies a cursor image?

I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.

This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to Yosemite.

I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)

Dar

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 9:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On August 15, 2015 9:58:45 AM CDT, "Dr. Hawkins" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for
>> one
>>> or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where
>> it is
>>> off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.
>>>

>> I see this on a regular basis in 7.
>
> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party mouse?

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Mike Bonner
makes me wonder.. There are several ways the cursor can change shape while
in use. I wonder if the ball gets dropped somewhere along the way.  I've
seen my cursor get stuck occasionally in the "pane resize" mode, though I
can't reliably reproduce it. When this occurs its nearly always in the
editor. (mainly because the editor has panes to resize?)

It might not hurt to set the mousecursor to something else, then revert it
to standard and see if the problem resolves. If it does, at least its a
piece of information.  (The hotspot for a cursor would change based on
cursor shape, and if the hotspot doesn't update on change for some reason,
that would account for the issue)

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only
> because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a
> Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)
>
> This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve
> ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but
> I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons,
> fields and option menus on it.
>
> It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I
> don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or
> modifies a cursor image?
>
> I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or
> anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.
>
> This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to
> Yosemite.
>
> I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble
> believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode
> and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says
> accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)
>
> Dar
>

> > On Aug 15, 2015, at 9:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On August 15, 2015 9:58:45 AM CDT, "Dr. Hawkins" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> >> one
> >> it is
> >>>

> >> I see this on a regular basis in 7.
> >
> > I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party
> mouse?
> > --
> > Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
> > HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

J. Landman Gay
In addition to the tests that Mike suggested, it would be interesting to
see what you get back if you ask for the mouseloc in the message box
when you see the problem. Put the cursor up near the 0,0 point of the
editor so you have a visual reference.

I do like the term "Gatsby bug." :)

On 8/15/2015 11:39 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)
>
> This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons, fields and option menus on it.
>
> It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or modifies a cursor image?
>
> I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.
>
> This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to Yosemite.
>
> I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)
>
> Dar
>

>> On Aug 15, 2015, at 9:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> one
>>> it is
>>>>

>>> I see this on a regular basis in 7.
>>
>> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party mouse?

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dr. Hawkins
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 8:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party
> mouse?

I usually see it on the internal trackpad of a macbook retina

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

On 8/15/2015 2:25 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 8:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party
>> mouse?
>

> I usually see it on the internal trackpad of a macbook retina

That might be a clue. Retina screens have a different resolution. Maybe
the engine's calcs are off.

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Colin Holgate-3
A quick test here looks ok, just as precise on my internal Retina screen and my external non-Retina monitor.

One thing you could try is to Get Info on LiveCode, and check the box that says Open in Low Resolution. See if that changes anything.

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 4:04 PM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 8/15/2015 2:25 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 8:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party
>>> mouse?
>>

>> I usually see it on the internal trackpad of a macbook retina
>
> That might be a clue. Retina screens have a different resolution. Maybe the engine's calcs are off.

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
I have a stack that’s doing it.  The mouseLoc is like 1, 2, essentially 0,0, in that corner.  For the editor I get something like 27,-9 (menu?), but I’m not currently having trouble with the editor.

In the stack that has trouble, I have to click well below an option menu, but I select normally within its menu.

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 12:31 PM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In addition to the tests that Mike suggested, it would be interesting to see what you get back if you ask for the mouseloc in the message box when you see the problem. Put the cursor up near the 0,0 point of the editor so you have a visual reference.
>
> I do like the term "Gatsby bug." :)
>

> On 8/15/2015 11:39 AM, Dar Scott wrote:
>> It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)
>>
>> This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons, fields and option menus on it.
>>
>> It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or modifies a cursor image?
>>
>> I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.
>>
>> This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to Yosemite.
>>
>> I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)
>>
>> Dar

>>> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party mouse?
>>> --
>>> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
>>> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
I don’t have the retina for Retina.  My Mac’s don’t have it.  So, in my case, that is not a factor.

I tried to make a mouseMove test.  Unfortunately, I did something that fixed it.  I’m not sure, but I think the first mouseMove message fixed it.  But, it could have been random or the recompiling something or…

I very much appreciate all the help.

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 2:18 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A quick test here looks ok, just as precise on my internal Retina screen and my external non-Retina monitor.
>
> One thing you could try is to Get Info on LiveCode, and check the box that says Open in Low Resolution. See if that changes anything.
>

>> On Aug 15, 2015, at 4:04 PM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 8/15/2015 2:25 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

>>> I usually see it on the internal trackpad of a macbook retina
>>
>> That might be a clue. Retina screens have a different resolution. Maybe the engine's calcs are off.

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dr. Hawkins
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> That might be a clue. Retina screens have a different resolution. Maybe
> the engine's calcs are off.

When this bites, the error is a fixed amount.  Move the mouse three dots
down, and the point it clicks seems to be three down.

It also seems to at least usually only be a vertical, and not a horizontal,
error.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
Now the editor is acting up and I’m getting about 8, -61 in that corner.

My situation is the same as Richards.  It is a fixed vertical offset throughout the time of misbehavior, but I’m not sure whether that fixed amount changes a little from episode to episode or from stack to stack.

For me it is per stack (maybe per card).  Right now my stack is fine, but the editor stack is goofy.  The offset is 2 lines (about) and I think it was 3 lines earlier today.

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 2:33 PM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a stack that’s doing it.  The mouseLoc is like 1, 2, essentially 0,0, in that corner.  For the editor I get something like 27,-9 (menu?), but I’m not currently having trouble with the editor.
>
> In the stack that has trouble, I have to click well below an option menu, but I select normally within its menu.
>

>> On Aug 15, 2015, at 12:31 PM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In addition to the tests that Mike suggested, it would be interesting to see what you get back if you ask for the mouseloc in the message box when you see the problem. Put the cursor up near the 0,0 point of the editor so you have a visual reference.
>>
>> I do like the term "Gatsby bug." :)
>>

>> On 8/15/2015 11:39 AM, Dar Scott wrote:
>>> It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)
>>>
>>> This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons, fields and option menus on it.
>>>
>>> It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or modifies a cursor image?
>>>
>>> I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.
>>>
>>> This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to Yosemite.
>>>
>>> I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)
>>>
>>> Dar

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
I think I tried what you said.  And afterward things are better.

In the message box I put
set the cursor to watch
then
set the cursor to arrow

I went back to the editor and it was working right.  Maybe I did something else, so I’ll have to see if this routine keeps working when this comes up.  It is easy to become superstitious.

Now what I want is a recipe to make this happen so I can report it and run more tests on the workaround.  If it is a workaround.

Dar

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> makes me wonder.. There are several ways the cursor can change shape while
> in use. I wonder if the ball gets dropped somewhere along the way.  I've
> seen my cursor get stuck occasionally in the "pane resize" mode, though I
> can't reliably reproduce it. When this occurs its nearly always in the
> editor. (mainly because the editor has panes to resize?)
>
> It might not hurt to set the mousecursor to something else, then revert it
> to standard and see if the problem resolves. If it does, at least its a
> piece of information.  (The hotspot for a cursor would change based on
> cursor shape, and if the hotspot doesn't update on change for some reason,
> that would account for the issue)
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only
>> because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a
>> Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)
>>
>> This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve
>> ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but
>> I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons,
>> fields and option menus on it.
>>
>> It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I
>> don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or
>> modifies a cursor image?
>>
>> I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or
>> anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.
>>
>> This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to
>> Yosemite.
>>
>> I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble
>> believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode
>> and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says
>> accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)
>>
>> Dar
>>

>>> On Aug 15, 2015, at 9:58 AM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> I haven't seen it yet. Are those who have seen it using a third-party
>> mouse?
>>> --
>>> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
>>> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
Didn’t work a when it came up again.  I must have done something else.

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think I tried what you said.  And afterward things are better.
>
> In the message box I put
> set the cursor to watch
> then
> set the cursor to arrow
>
> I went back to the editor and it was working right.  Maybe I did something else, so I’ll have to see if this routine keeps working when this comes up.  It is easy to become superstitious.
>
> Now what I want is a recipe to make this happen so I can report it and run more tests on the workaround.  If it is a workaround.
>
> Dar
>

>> On Aug 15, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> makes me wonder.. There are several ways the cursor can change shape while
>> in use. I wonder if the ball gets dropped somewhere along the way.  I've
>> seen my cursor get stuck occasionally in the "pane resize" mode, though I
>> can't reliably reproduce it. When this occurs its nearly always in the
>> editor. (mainly because the editor has panes to resize?)
>>
>> It might not hurt to set the mousecursor to something else, then revert it
>> to standard and see if the problem resolves. If it does, at least its a
>> piece of information.  (The hotspot for a cursor would change based on
>> cursor shape, and if the hotspot doesn't update on change for some reason,
>> that would account for the issue)
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> It doesn’t feel like a 3rd party mouse issue to me, but that is only
>>> because the problem is limited to LiveCode stack content.  (I have a
>>> Macally EcoMouse hooked up at the moment.)
>>>
>>> This occurs in the content of some LiveCode windows.  I don’t think I’ve
>>> ever seen it outside of that.  It most often shows up in the editor, but
>>> I’ve seen it in a stack I’m creating.  Such a stack might have buttons,
>>> fields and option menus on it.
>>>
>>> It doesn’t feel like an IDE thing to me, but I hope it is.  That is, I
>>> don’t want to see this in a standalone.  Maybe the IDE sometimes uses or
>>> modifies a cursor image?
>>>
>>> I’m not now working on cursors or image hotspots or Windows menus or
>>> anything like that, so I don’t think it is my code that is doing anything.
>>>
>>> This happened on Mavericks and then on the same machine upgraded to
>>> Yosemite.
>>>
>>> I am not sure, but I think one time i had to restart OS X.  I have trouble
>>> believing that.  However it might be a Gatsby Bug, involving both LiveCode
>>> and OS X.  (I made up that term.  In The Great Gatsby, a lady says
>>> accidents occur when two bad drivers enter the same intersection.)
>>>
>>> Dar

>>> mouse?

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Devin Asay

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 8:37 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I’m an old-timer who has been away from the list for a while.
>
> I’ve run into a problem and I think it is a LiveCode problem but it might be an OS X problem or some combination.
>
> I’m using 6.7.5.
>
> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for one or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where it is off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.
>
> It also happens in my stacks.
>
> This only applies to content, not the title bar or the menu along the top.
>
> I wasn’t able to find anything among the bugs.
>
> It might have been coincidence but one time it didn’t go away until I rebooted.  I was on Mavericks but now am on Yosemite and still see it.
>
> Insight?  Anybody else seen this?  Or is this old news?

Hi Dar,

I have seen this and can reproduce it reliably. On a Mac, if you have two monitors (or more I suppose), and you open a script editor window, it initially opens on the same screen as your LiveCode IDE; on the "main screen” as determined by the OS. After that I typically move the script editor window to the second monitor. I find that if the top of the script editor window is higher than the tool bar on the main screen, I get this hot spot offset problem. Once I move the window downward on the second monitor it goes away. I ought to have reported it, but I’ve gotten to where I automatically just move the window down to avoid the problem.

Does this seem to be the same thing you’re getting?

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Mark Talluto

> On Aug 17, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Devin Asay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 15, 2015, at 8:37 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I’m an old-timer who has been away from the list for a while.
>>
>> I’ve run into a problem and I think it is a LiveCode problem but it might be an OS X problem or some combination.
>>
>> I’m using 6.7.5.
>>
>> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for one or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where it is off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.
>>
>> It also happens in my stacks.
>>
>> This only applies to content, not the title bar or the menu along the top.
>>
>> I wasn’t able to find anything among the bugs.
>>
>> It might have been coincidence but one time it didn’t go away until I rebooted.  I was on Mavericks but now am on Yosemite and still see it.
>>
>> Insight?  Anybody else seen this?  Or is this old news?
>
> Hi Dar,
>
> I have seen this and can reproduce it reliably. On a Mac, if you have two monitors (or more I suppose), and you open a script editor window, it initially opens on the same screen as your LiveCode IDE; on the "main screen” as determined by the OS. After that I typically move the script editor window to the second monitor. I find that if the top of the script editor window is higher than the tool bar on the main screen, I get this hot spot offset problem. Once I move the window downward on the second monitor it goes away. I ought to have reported it, but I’ve gotten to where I automatically just move the window down to avoid the problem.
>
> Does this seem to be the same thing you’re getting?

Could be related to bug:  http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15366 <http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15366>

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com <http://canelasoftware.com/>

CassiaDB: The easy to use, free local storage database made for LiveCode Developers: livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
Yay!  That’s it.  Second monitor with top above the main monitor with LiveCode window top above the same thing.

This might be a bad fix for another bug, the one that blocks a stack from going higher than the tool bar.

I know how it is about having work to get done and repeating little workarounds rather than reporting a bug.

If you don’t report it, I’ll report it or add it to the other bug.

Dar

> On Aug 17, 2015, at 10:17 AM, Devin Asay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 15, 2015, at 8:37 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I’m an old-timer who has been away from the list for a while.
>>
>> I’ve run into a problem and I think it is a LiveCode problem but it might be an OS X problem or some combination.
>>
>> I’m using 6.7.5.
>>
>> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for one or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where it is off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.
>>
>> It also happens in my stacks.
>>
>> This only applies to content, not the title bar or the menu along the top.
>>
>> I wasn’t able to find anything among the bugs.
>>
>> It might have been coincidence but one time it didn’t go away until I rebooted.  I was on Mavericks but now am on Yosemite and still see it.
>>
>> Insight?  Anybody else seen this?  Or is this old news?
>
> Hi Dar,
>
> I have seen this and can reproduce it reliably. On a Mac, if you have two monitors (or more I suppose), and you open a script editor window, it initially opens on the same screen as your LiveCode IDE; on the "main screen” as determined by the OS. After that I typically move the script editor window to the second monitor. I find that if the top of the script editor window is higher than the tool bar on the main screen, I get this hot spot offset problem. Once I move the window downward on the second monitor it goes away. I ought to have reported it, but I’ve gotten to where I automatically just move the window down to avoid the problem.
>
> Does this seem to be the same thing you’re getting?
>
> Devin
>

> Devin Asay
> Office of Digital Humanities
> Brigham Young University

Re: mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Dar Scott
Mark wrote,
> Could be related to bug:  http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15366 <http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15366>

I wonder if it is related to bug that existed at one time where one couldn’t drag a LiveCode window on a second monitor above the top of the main monitor.  I have a vague memory that Hans had problems with that, too, so he might be able to put his finger on it.  Ah, bug 8934 (#1).

Runners up and maybe related:  bug 4174, bug 12270.  bug 9304, bug 15373, bug 7010

I am so happy there is a workaround.  Just move the window down a bit.  Ha!

Dar