multiple cameraControls possible?

dunbarx via use-livecode
I've been testing out the cameraControl a bit more and trying to make more than 1 at a time. It is possible but only seems to have one of them active at a time (i.e. updating). Though if the second one is then deleted, the first one becomes active again.

Is it possible to have more than 1 active? i.e. to have both front + rear cameras updating?

Additionally, I have an external (thermal) camera and would like to use that, but it didn't appear in the devices available to the cameraControl. I was assuming it should - is this a bug or just expected? Or do I need to allow access to the external camera for my app perhaps?

Thanks for any help!

cheers

Alan

Re: multiple cameraControls possible?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Alan. Is this for iOS, Android or desktop? Based on the dev api for both
iOS and Roid it should be possible to access both cameras simultaneously.
It doesn't appear to be so simple with external cameras. Desktop is a
different story. Either way, cameraControl would need modifying to enable
it.

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
www.pidigital.co.uk
+44(1634)402193
+44(7702)116447
'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
box!'
'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
but it is yourself!'

eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

On 30 January 2018 at 01:21, Alan via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been testing out the cameraControl a bit more and trying to make more
> than 1 at a time. It is possible but only seems to have one of them active
> at a time (i.e. updating). Though if the second one is then deleted, the
> first one becomes active again.
>
> Is it possible to have more than 1 active? i.e. to have both front + rear
> cameras updating?
>
> Additionally, I have an external (thermal) camera and would like to use
> that, but it didn't appear in the devices available to the cameraControl. I
> was assuming it should - is this a bug or just expected? Or do I need to
> allow access to the external camera for my app perhaps?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> cheers
>
> Alan

Re: multiple cameraControls possible?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Alan

On Mac and Windows desktop I have tested in in LC 9 and had two instances
instances of cameraControls which could preview and recording
simultaneously.

On iOS it appears it is restricted so an app could only access one camera at
a time.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39385103/iphone-7-plus-avfoundation-dual-camera/39684655#39684655

I would be interested in finding out if a LiveCode cameraControl instance
can be created on iOS using an external camera.  Has anyone tried that?
Wonder if you could have an instance with an internal camera and an instance
with an external camera.

Martin

Re: multiple cameraControls possible?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Sean

Thanks for the feedback - ideally it's for all 3 but have been testing it on iOS.

As I said, I can create 2 controls, though only 1 of them is "active" - i.e. updating - at one time. As soon as I delete the 2nd control, the 1st one again becomes active. This is the same whether I use a different camera (front/back) for each or not.

Wonder if Monte has any ideas about this? Does mergAV allow more than 1 control active at a time?

cheers

Alan