my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode

Dave Herndon
This has got me bugging.  Two or three days now and I havent been able to bring up the VW window in debug mode. (v2.73) I am thinking of re-downloading rev to see if that helps.  Any ideas?  It just is no where to bee seen!  Wierd.
  Dave
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode

Jim Ault

On 10/31/06 11:27 PM, "Dave Herndon" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This has got me bugging.  Two or three days now and I havent been able to
> bring up the VW window in debug mode. (v2.73) I am thinking of re-downloading
> rev to see if that helps.  Any ideas?  It just is no where to bee seen!
> Wierd.
>   Dave

It could be off screen or not visible
Try this first
in the message box....
put the loc of stack revvariablewatcher
then
set the loc of stack revvariablewatcher the to screenloc

or
go to Tools:Application Browser, then open the Rev preferences, click the
check box that says "Revolution UI elements appear in lists of stacks"

--now the stack near the bottom of the list should be visible
and now turn off the checkbox to shorten the list

Rev 2.6.1, Mac OSX 10.4.7

Jim Ault
Las Vegas


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode

MisterX
In reply to this post by Dave Herndon
type this in the message box (tools->message box)

put the visible of stack "revvariablewatcher"
put the visible of stack "revvariablewatcher"
--
hide stack "revvariablewatcher"
show stack "revvariablewatcher"

that should bring it back...

if it don't, type further in the msg box:

put the rect of stack "revvariablewatcher"
set it to something cool.




> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of
> Dave Herndon
> Sent: Wednesday, 01 November, 2006 07:27
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode
>
> This has got me bugging.  Two or three days now and I havent
> been able to bring up the VW window in debug mode. (v2.73) I
> am thinking of re-downloading rev to see if that helps.  Any
> ideas?  It just is no where to bee seen!  Wierd.
>   Dave
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage
> your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode

Dave-272
In reply to this post by Jim Ault
Hi,

This problem had be stumped for days too, not just with the variable  
window, but in my case it happened to the documentation window so I  
couldn't even search the docs for an answer (not that it would have  
helped since as far as I can tell it doesn't give any information on  
the subject).

I have now created a stack that does a show and a set screenLoc some  
of the IDE windows, would it be a good idea to create a stack that  
somehow can dynamically grab all the IDE stacks that can be affected  
in this way show and screenLoc them? A Plugin or a an inbuilt command  
inside the IDE might be the best approach. Comments?

All the Best
Dave

On 1 Nov 2006, at 06:41, Jim Ault wrote:

>
> On 10/31/06 11:27 PM, "Dave Herndon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This has got me bugging.  Two or three days now and I havent been  
>> able to
>> bring up the VW window in debug mode. (v2.73) I am thinking of re-
>> downloading
>> rev to see if that helps.  Any ideas?  It just is no where to bee  
>> seen!
>> Wierd.
>>   Dave
>
> It could be off screen or not visible
> Try this first
> in the message box....
> put the loc of stack revvariablewatcher
> then
> set the loc of stack revvariablewatcher the to screenloc
>
> or
> go to Tools:Application Browser, then open the Rev preferences,  
> click the
> check box that says "Revolution UI elements appear in lists of stacks"
>
> --now the stack near the bottom of the list should be visible
> and now turn off the checkbox to shorten the list
>
> Rev 2.6.1, Mac OSX 10.4.7
>
> Jim Ault
> Las Vegas
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode

William Marriott
They keep saying "if you build it they will come" ... oh no, wait, that's a
baseball field. What they actually keep saying is, "if you BugZilla it, they
will fix it." So, I suggest you enter it into BugZilla and see how many Rev
revs it will take to be attended to.

(I've seen this behavior as well, but I just became accustomed to setting
the windows to the screenloc in the message window. [Hopefully the message
window itself will never fall victim to this bug; then what would I do?]
After you BZ it, let us know the link so we can vote.)

"Dave" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...

> Hi,
>
> This problem had be stumped for days too, not just with the variable
> window, but in my case it happened to the documentation window so I
> couldn't even search the docs for an answer (not that it would have
> helped since as far as I can tell it doesn't give any information on  the
> subject).
>
> I have now created a stack that does a show and a set screenLoc some  of
> the IDE windows, would it be a good idea to create a stack that  somehow
> can dynamically grab all the IDE stacks that can be affected  in this way
> show and screenLoc them? A Plugin or a an inbuilt command  inside the IDE
> might be the best approach. Comments?



_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: my Variable watcher no longer appears in debug mode

Jim Ault
On 11/1/06 3:39 PM, "Bill Marriott" <[hidden email]> wrote:
 
> (I've seen this behavior as well, but I just became accustomed to setting
> the windows to the screenloc in the message window. [Hopefully the message
> window itself will never fall victim to this bug; then what would I do?]

For the message box off screen fix, you could always
go to menu Rev preferences, turn on "Revolution UI elements appear in lists
of stacks"
go to menu Tools:Application Browser
near the top of the listing at the left is "Message Box"

..right click on the icon representing that stack, choose property
inspector, then choose "Size & Position", adjust to your hemisphere and time
zone.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Link text style -- bug or feature ?

Timothy Miller-2
This arises from a question I asked on the forum, then solved on my own,
by trial and error.

If I set the textstyle of a field to "link," by script or manually, text
entered into that field looks like a link. It's blue and underlined.
However, it doesn't act like a link. When clicked it sends a mouseUp,
not a linkClicked. If I select the text,  the "text" menu has a
checkmark by "Plain," not by "Link"

Maybe it's a bug.

If not, I don't understand the point of being able to set the textstyle
of a field to "link" and make the text look misleadingly like a link, if
it's not a link.

The field inspector is ambiguous in this regard. The button that sets
the style to "link" is marked with a "G" presumably for group. The tool
tip says "Link text" That's ambiguous, too. Does it mean "set the style
of text in this field to 'link'"? or does it mean "Link the text in this
field"?

Maybe linking in this way affects the mousechunk function, and is
intended for use with a mouseUp, not with a linkClicked. I haven't
investigated that possibility yet.

The user dictionary doesn't really settle the matter either. As things
stand, it seems that "link" is a textStyle in one context -- if you
select text and set the style of the text to link, but not in another --
if you set the textstyle of the field to "link"

I alread BZ'd this. I probably should'a asked here first.

Comments welcome.

Tim
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link text style -- bug or feature ?

viktoras d.
As far as I remember links will work only when field they are in is locked.
 
Viktoras
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Timothy Miller
Date: 11/02/06 21:42:05
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Link text style -- bug or feature ?
 
This arises from a question I asked on the forum, then solved on my own,
by trial and error.
 
If I set the textstyle of a field to "link," by script or manually, text
entered into that field looks like a link. It's blue and underlined.
However, it doesn't act like a link. When clicked it sends a mouseUp,
not a linkClicked. If I select the text, the "text" menu has a
checkmark by "Plain," not by "Link"
 
Maybe it's a bug.
 
If not, I don't understand the point of being able to set the textstyle
of a field to "link" and make the text look misleadingly like a link, if
it's not a link.
 
The field inspector is ambiguous in this regard. The button that sets
the style to "link" is marked with a "G" presumably for group. The tool
tip says "Link text" That's ambiguous, too. Does it mean "set the style
of text in this field to 'link'"? or does it mean "Link the text in this
field"?
 
Maybe linking in this way affects the mousechunk function, and is
intended for use with a mouseUp, not with a linkClicked. I haven't
investigated that possibility yet.
 
The user dictionary doesn't really settle the matter either. As things
stand, it seems that "link" is a textStyle in one context -- if you
select text and set the style of the text to link, but not in another --
if you set the textstyle of the field to "link"
 
I alread BZ'd this. I probably should'a asked here first.
 
Comments welcome.
 
Tim
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link text style -- bug or feature ?

Timothy Miller-2
Right. A field won't send a mouseUp unless it's locked. I don't think it
will send a linkClicked, either. The field was locked in all cases. That
wasn't the issue.

Cheers,

Tim


Viktoras Didziulis wrote:

> As far as I remember links will work only when field they are in is locked.
>  
> Viktoras
>  
> -------Original Message-------
>  
> From: Timothy Miller
> Date: 11/02/06 21:42:05
> To: How to use Revolution
> Subject: Link text style -- bug or feature ?
>  
> This arises from a question I asked on the forum, then solved on my own,
> by trial and error.
>  
> If I set the textstyle of a field to "link," by script or manually, text
> entered into that field looks like a link. It's blue and underlined.
> However, it doesn't act like a link. When clicked it sends a mouseUp,
> not a linkClicked. If I select the text, the "text" menu has a
> checkmark by "Plain," not by "Link"
>  
> Maybe it's a bug.
>  
> If not, I don't understand the point of being able to set the textstyle
> of a field to "link" and make the text look misleadingly like a link, if
> it's not a link.
>  
> The field inspector is ambiguous in this regard. The button that sets
> the style to "link" is marked with a "G" presumably for group. The tool
> tip says "Link text" That's ambiguous, too. Does it mean "set the style
> of text in this field to 'link'"? or does it mean "Link the text in this
> field"?
>  
> Maybe linking in this way affects the mousechunk function, and is
> intended for use with a mouseUp, not with a linkClicked. I haven't
> investigated that possibility yet.
>  
> The user dictionary doesn't really settle the matter either. As things
> stand, it seems that "link" is a textStyle in one context -- if you
> select text and set the style of the text to link, but not in another --
> if you set the textstyle of the field to "link"
>  
> I alread BZ'd this. I probably should'a asked here first.
>  
> Comments welcome.
>  
> Tim
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
> preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>  

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link text style -- bug or feature ?

xtalkprogrammer
Hi,

First of all, I wonder why one would set the textStyle of an entire  
field to link? I would handle the mouseUp message instead. This may  
be my own personal view, but it is easier because you can modify a  
smaller amount of properties to make it work, it also gives you more  
freedom to alter something afterwards.

The docs say about linkClicked: "Sent when the user clicks grouped  
text." If you set the style of a field to "bold" and enter text, the  
text looks bold, but it isn't. If you request for its style by  
entering "put the textStyle of char 1 of fld 1" in the message box,  
you should get an empty value returned.

When you click on a text, Revolution doesn't check the textStyle of  
the field but the textStyle of the text. Since the textStyle is  
empty, the linkClicked message is not sent.

I understand that everybody who doesn't agree will say it is far-
fetched, but I think this is a valid explantion and thus I doubt this  
is a bug. Then again, I probably wouldn't mind if this behaviour were  
changed, because I won't set the textStyle of a field to link anyway.

Best regards,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store software.  
Download at http://www.salery.biz


>>  -------Original Message-------  From: Timothy Miller Date:  
>> 11/02/06 21:42:05 To: How to use Revolution Subject: Link text  
>> style -- bug or feature ?  This arises from a question I asked on  
>> the forum, then solved on my own, by trial and error.  If I set  
>> the textstyle of a field to "link," by script or manually, text  
>> entered into that field looks like a link. It's blue and  
>> underlined. However, it doesn't act like a link. When clicked it  
>> sends a mouseUp, not a linkClicked. If I select the text, the  
>> "text" menu has a checkmark by "Plain," not by "Link"  Maybe it's  
>> a bug.  If not, I don't understand the point of being able to set  
>> the textstyle of a field to "link" and make the text look  
>> misleadingly like a link, if it's not a link.  The field inspector  
>> is ambiguous in this regard. The button that sets the style to  
>> "link" is marked with a "G" presumably for group. The tool tip  
>> says "Link text" That's ambiguous, too. Does it mean "set the  
>> style of text in this field to 'link'"? or does it mean "Link the  
>> text in this field"?  Maybe linking in this way affects the  
>> mousechunk function, and is intended for use with a mouseUp, not  
>> with a linkClicked. I haven't investigated that possibility yet.  
>> The user dictionary doesn't really settle the matter either. As  
>> things stand, it seems that "link" is a textStyle in one context  
>> -- if you select text and set the style of the text to link, but  
>> not in another -- if you set the textstyle of the field to "link"  
>> I alread BZ'd this. I probably should'a asked here first.  
>> Comments welcome.  Tim
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Economy-x-Talk Consultancy and Software Engineering
Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer
Facebook: http://facebook.com/LiveCode.Beginner
KvK: 50277553
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link text style -- bug or feature ?

J. Landman Gay
In reply to this post by Timothy Miller-2
Timothy Miller wrote:
> This arises from a question I asked on the forum, then solved on my own,
> by trial and error.
>
> If I set the textstyle of a field to "link," by script or manually, text
> entered into that field looks like a link. It's blue and underlined.
> However, it doesn't act like a link. When clicked it sends a mouseUp,
> not a linkClicked. If I select the text,  the "text" menu has a
> checkmark by "Plain," not by "Link"

This is the difference between field-level settings and character-level
settings. If you set the default style of a field, any text you put into
that field will inherit the style. But the text itself doesn't have any
style; the appearance of the text is just reflecting the style of its
owner, the field.

Text in a styled field can also have its own style. Character-level
styling overrides any field text styles.

> If I select the text,  the "text" menu has a checkmark by "Plain,"
 > not by "Link"

Because the text has no style of its own yet, it only has inherited
style. If you select the field with the edit tool, rather than selecting
the text inside the field with the browse tool, the inspector will show
the default style setting of the field.

To make a link, Rev requires actual linked text at the character level.
Since the text itself has no style in this case, and the field is
locked, you are getting the normal mouseUp message instead of linkClicked.

To get a linkClicked message, assign the style to the text characters
themselves. If you set the style of char 1 to -1 of the field to "link"
you will get what you expect. (This is the same as dragging over the
text and selecting the style from the menu.)


--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link text style -- bug or feature ?

Timothy Miller-2
Hello Jacque and Mark,

Thanks for your comments.

Okay, it's not a bug. One might have good reason to call it a source of
confusion, though, at least for beginners, or possibly a "room for
improvement" item.

I know now how to handle it as a mouseUp, if I want to do that, as Mark
suggests. I had to figure that out by trial and error. The docs are too
cryptic, sometimes, for me, when I'm learning to do something new.

Mark asks why anybody would bother setting the text style of the field
to "link". I might ask in return, if no one would ever bother, then why
is that potentially confusing feature available at all?

In my case, here's why I "bothered to do it at all." Someone told me how
to put a goRevURL handler in the stack script, using the parameter sent
along with the linkClicked message. I pretty much did that by rote. It
seemed like magic, because I didn't really understand the parameter, but
it worked.

Then I decided I wanted to be able to  enter URLs in certain fields in
that stack, using an "ask" dialog, with just a few lines of script, nice
and simple. So I figured if I set the textstyle of the field containing
the URLs, to "link" I'd be good to go.

What made me crazy was that, in some cases, at some point in the past,
or perhaps by accident, I had selected text in some of these fields and
set the textStyle to link. In other cases I hadn't. The textstyle of the
field was also set to "link." These were background fields, so various
fields on various cards worked (opened the browser and navigated to the
URL), or didn't, (depending on whether I had manually selected the text,
and set the style of the selected text to "link") even though the links
all looked the same, and the text style appeared to be "link" in all cases.

Mark uses the analogy of setting textStyle to Bold, either at the level
of text or field. It's not a good analogy. If I set the style of some
text to bold, I don't expect it to *do* anything differently. It only
*looks* different. It looks the same whether it's set to bold at the
text level or the field level.

Setting the textStyle to link is rather a different matter, because the
text behaves differently when clicked, and also depends on whether it's
done at the field level, or at the text level.

Now that I understand these issues, and figured out the difference
between the linkClicked parameter and the mouseChunk function along the
way, it doesn't seem hard. But I didn't enjoy figuring it out by trial
and error, and I wish I had those hours back.

Am I overlooking some non-cryptic version of the documentation that
would have explained the foregoing to me, without having to start over
in xtalk kindergarten?

Tim

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Timothy Miller wrote:
>> This arises from a question I asked on the forum, then solved on my
>> own, by trial and error.
>>
>> If I set the textstyle of a field to "link," by script or manually,
>> text entered into that field looks like a link. It's blue and
>> underlined. However, it doesn't act like a link. When clicked it
>> sends a mouseUp, not a linkClicked. If I select the text,  the "text"
>> menu has a checkmark by "Plain," not by "Link"
>
> This is the difference between field-level settings and
> character-level settings. If you set the default style of a field, any
> text you put into that field will inherit the style. But the text
> itself doesn't have any style; the appearance of the text is just
> reflecting the style of its owner, the field.
>
> Text in a styled field can also have its own style. Character-level
> styling overrides any field text styles.
>
>> If I select the text,  the "text" menu has a checkmark by "Plain,"
> > not by "Link"
>
> Because the text has no style of its own yet, it only has inherited
> style. If you select the field with the edit tool, rather than
> selecting the text inside the field with the browse tool, the
> inspector will show the default style setting of the field.
>
> To make a link, Rev requires actual linked text at the character
> level. Since the text itself has no style in this case, and the field
> is locked, you are getting the normal mouseUp message instead of
> linkClicked.
>
> To get a linkClicked message, assign the style to the text characters
> themselves. If you set the style of char 1 to -1 of the field to
> "link" you will get what you expect. (This is the same as dragging
> over the text and selecting the style from the menu.)
>
>

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link text style -- bug or feature ?

Jim Ault

On 11/2/06 7:11 PM, "Timothy Miller" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Jacque and Mark,
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> Okay, it's not a bug. One might have good reason to call it a source of
> confusion, though, at least for beginners, or possibly a "room for
> improvement" item.
>
> I know now how to handle it as a mouseUp, if I want to do that, as Mark
> suggests. I had to figure that out by trial and error. The docs are too
> cryptic, sometimes, for me, when I'm learning to do something new.
>
> snip<
>
> Now that I understand these issues, and figured out the difference
> between the linkClicked parameter and the mouseChunk function along the
> way, it doesn't seem hard. But I didn't enjoy figuring it out by trial
> and error, and I wish I had those hours back.
>
Take heart.  From the beginning days of Hypercard and then other languages,
I spent many hours of lessons-learned-the-hard-way.  In those days, there
was no internet/email/google search, and very few good programming books.

..and now after 20 years I have reached the point of no more wasted
hours...HA!

Learning to harness UDP messaging this last summer was an ordeal since I
understood few concepts and realities, but my system is now working very
smoothly every day.

If you retire from programming now, you can avoid the inevitable wasted
hours.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link text style -- bug or feature ?

Andre.Bisseret
In reply to this post by xtalkprogrammer
Hi,
As far as I am concerned, I have fields whose textStyle is set to  
link, but I am using the mouseUp however.
The reason why I am using the link textStyle for some fields is that  
I think the user understand immediately that the lines are clickable.

Up to now, I did not notice that there was a linkClicked  
message :-))). Always learning;  thanks !

So one can have :
- some fields whose the textStyle is set to link and use either  
"linkclicked" or mouseUp message
- and of course, other fields where only certain groups of chars are  
set to link and then use "linkclicked" message (well, now I will use  
it :-))

Best regards from Grenoble
André

Le 3 nov. 06 à 00:34, Mark Schonewille a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I wonder why one would set the textStyle of an entire  
> field to link? I would handle the mouseUp message instead. This may  
> be my own personal view, but it is easier because you can modify a  
> smaller amount of properties to make it work, it also gives you  
> more freedom to alter something afterwards.
>
> The docs say about linkClicked: "Sent when the user clicks grouped  
> text." If you set the style of a field to "bold" and enter text,  
> the text looks bold, but it isn't. If you request for its style by  
> entering "put the textStyle of char 1 of fld 1" in the message box,  
> you should get an empty value returned.
>
> When you click on a text, Revolution doesn't check the textStyle of  
> the field but the textStyle of the text. Since the textStyle is  
> empty, the linkClicked message is not sent.
>
> I understand that everybody who doesn't agree will say it is far-
> fetched, but I think this is a valid explantion and thus I doubt  
> this is a bug. Then again, I probably wouldn't mind if this  
> behaviour were changed, because I won't set the textStyle of a  
> field to link anyway.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark
>
> --
>
> Economy-x-Talk
> Consultancy and Software Engineering
> http://economy-x-talk.com
> http://www.salery.biz
>
> Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store  
> software. Download at http://www.salery.biz
>
>
>>>  -------Original Message-------  From: Timothy Miller Date:  
>>> 11/02/06 21:42:05 To: How to use Revolution Subject: Link text  
>>> style -- bug or feature ?  This arises from a question I asked on  
>>> the forum, then solved on my own, by trial and error.  If I set  
>>> the textstyle of a field to "link," by script or manually, text  
>>> entered into that field looks like a link. It's blue and  
>>> underlined. However, it doesn't act like a link. When clicked it  
>>> sends a mouseUp, not a linkClicked. If I select the text, the  
>>> "text" menu has a checkmark by "Plain," not by "Link"  Maybe it's  
>>> a bug.  If not, I don't understand the point of being able to set  
>>> the textstyle of a field to "link" and make the text look  
>>> misleadingly like a link, if it's not a link.  The field  
>>> inspector is ambiguous in this regard. The button that sets the  
>>> style to "link" is marked with a "G" presumably for group. The  
>>> tool tip says "Link text" That's ambiguous, too. Does it mean  
>>> "set the style of text in this field to 'link'"? or does it mean  
>>> "Link the text in this field"?  Maybe linking in this way affects  
>>> the mousechunk function, and is intended for use with a mouseUp,  
>>> not with a linkClicked. I haven't investigated that possibility  
>>> yet.  The user dictionary doesn't really settle the matter  
>>> either. As things stand, it seems that "link" is a textStyle in  
>>> one context -- if you select text and set the style of the text  
>>> to link, but not in another -- if you set the textstyle of the  
>>> field to "link"  I alread BZ'd this. I probably should'a asked  
>>> here first.  Comments welcome.  Tim
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution