mySQL database query

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

mySQL database query

James Spencer
As long as we are talking about mySQL, is there a way to  
programatically refresh a database query?  I have a master/detail  
form which includes a button to delete the currently selected record  
and this works fine insofar as it deletes the record from the  
database but the fields and table all still show the record I just  
deleted.  I can "manually" refresh using a button tied to the refresh  
SQL action but I would like to force the refresh upon deletion of the  
record.  I can't find a transcript command which will force the tied  
fields to show the correct data without the additional user action of  
clicking another button.

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

[hidden email]

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mySQL database query

Dan Shafer
James....

What constitutes "the correct data" to display after the deletion?  
Empty fields? Previous record? Next record? In some sort of sort  
sequence?

Once you can define that, I think writing a bit of Transcript to give  
you what you want is pretty easy but there's no sort of de facto rule  
about what the display should show after a record is deleted.

Dan

On Jul 5, 2005, at 6:59 PM, James Spencer wrote:

> As long as we are talking about mySQL, is there a way to  
> programatically refresh a database query?  I have a master/detail  
> form which includes a button to delete the currently selected  
> record and this works fine insofar as it deletes the record from  
> the database but the fields and table all still show the record I  
> just deleted.  I can "manually" refresh using a button tied to the  
> refresh SQL action but I would like to force the refresh upon  
> deletion of the record.  I can't find a transcript command which  
> will force the tied fields to show the correct data without the  
> additional user action of clicking another button.
>
> James P. Spencer
> Rochester, MN
>
> [hidden email]
>
> "Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
>

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Voice command

Paul Salyers



Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could speak into a mic and
the spoken words will print in a text box?

Also interested in having where the speakers/head pones will play what is
to be read by the user from a varabels .

any help here?


Paul Salyers
PS1 - Senior Rep.
[hidden email]
Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org  


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voice command

Dan Shafer
Not sure how this would be handled in Rev, but OS X has these  
capabilities in some form or another.

I'm experimenting with a new program called iListen that claims to  
take dictation and voice commands for OS X.

Dan

On Jul 5, 2005, at 8:40 PM, Paul Salyers wrote:

>
>
>
> Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could speak into a  
> mic and the spoken words will print in a text box?
>
> Also interested in having where the speakers/head pones will play  
> what is to be read by the user from a varabels .
>
> any help here?
>
>
> Paul Salyers
> PS1 - Senior Rep.
> [hidden email]
> Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
>

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voice command

Jim Ault
In reply to this post by Paul Salyers
Paul,

Look at the speakable commands.
Not only are a file, a Finder command, (and more) speakable, but
Applescripts can be run by command.  This would mean that many complex
operations are possible for interacting with a Rev stack.

If you turn on Speakable Items, two of the applescripts used are
"Minimize all windows" & "Show all windows" for the Finder

Double click on the file icons in folder "Speakable Items" in a Finder
window and you will see the Script Editor open.  Now add that Rev can "hear"
the tell commands and send shell commands, and this might get part of what
you want.

This is not a dictation software.
One example I use is "Menu" spoken invokes the following Keyboard Shortcut
found in System Preferences .. Focus on Menu as ctrl-F2
Receipe :
Open System Prefs->Keyboard&Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts
Turn off Focus on Menu ctrl F2
-1- speak "Define a keyboard command"
-2- type ctrl-F2
-3- type the word "menu"
-4- click OK
Turn on Focus on Menu again if you want to use this
Now speaking 'menu' will focus on the menu, allowing arrow keys, tab, home,
end, pgup, pgdn to navigate the menu

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

On 7/5/05 8:40 PM, "Paul Salyers" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
>
> Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could speak into a mic and
> the spoken words will print in a text box?
>
> Also interested in having where the speakers/head pones will play what is
> to be read by the user from a varabels .
>
> any help here?
>
>
> Paul Salyers
> PS1 - Senior Rep.
> [hidden email]
> Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
> preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voice command

Thomas McGrath III
In reply to this post by Dan Shafer
Dragon PRO is very good and crossplatform to boot.

tom

On Jul 6, 2005, at 1:27 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Not sure how this would be handled in Rev, but OS X has these
> capabilities in some form or another.
>
> I'm experimenting with a new program called iListen that claims to
> take dictation and voice commands for OS X.
>
> Dan
>
> On Jul 5, 2005, at 8:40 PM, Paul Salyers wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>
>> Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could speak into a
>> mic and the spoken words will print in a text box?
>>
>> Also interested in having where the speakers/head pones will play
>> what is to be read by the user from a varabels .
>>
>> any help here?
>>
>>
>> Paul Salyers
>> PS1 - Senior Rep.
>> [hidden email]
>> Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
>


Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6


Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems
Prentke Romich Company
Prentke Romich International
SCIconics, LLC
Artist
Thomas J McGrath III
[hidden email]



_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mySQL database query

James Spencer
In reply to this post by Dan Shafer
I think if I saw any one of these variations on "correct data" I  
could figure out how to do the others but my instinctive answer would  
be the previous record (or the new first record if the first record  
were the one deleted.)  My first go at this isn't fussy; I just  
"know" that leaving a record displayed that isn't in the database any  
more is probably "wrong".  (I haven't even looked at sorting the  
records yet.)

Thanks much for helping this newby to dbs.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

[hidden email]

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"

On Jul 5, 2005, at 10:14 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> James....
>
> What constitutes "the correct data" to display after the deletion?  
> Empty fields? Previous record? Next record? In some sort of sort  
> sequence?
>
> Once you can define that, I think writing a bit of Transcript to  
> give you what you want is pretty easy but there's no sort of de  
> facto rule about what the display should show after a record is  
> deleted.
>
> Dan
>
> On Jul 5, 2005, at 6:59 PM, James Spencer wrote:
>
>
>> As long as we are talking about mySQL, is there a way to  
>> programatically refresh a database query?  I have a master/detail  
>> form which includes a button to delete the currently selected  
>> record and this works fine insofar as it deletes the record from  
>> the database but the fields and table all still show the record I  
>> just deleted.  I can "manually" refresh using a button tied to the  
>> refresh SQL action but I would like to force the refresh upon  
>> deletion of the record.  I can't find a transcript command which  
>> will force the tied fields to show the correct data without the  
>> additional user action of clicking another button.
>>
>
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voice command

Thomas McGrath III
In reply to this post by Thomas McGrath III
I also have a stack in my user space in RevOnline called "Say and
Listen in Rev using Applescript" which shows how to listen in Rev.

Tom

On Jul 6, 2005, at 8:58 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Dragon PRO is very good and crossplatform to boot.
>
> tom
>
> On Jul 6, 2005, at 1:27 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:
>
>> Not sure how this would be handled in Rev, but OS X has these
>> capabilities in some form or another.
>>
>> I'm experimenting with a new program called iListen that claims to
>> take dictation and voice commands for OS X.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> On Jul 5, 2005, at 8:40 PM, Paul Salyers wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could speak into a
>>> mic and the spoken words will print in a text box?
>>>
>>> Also interested in having where the speakers/head pones will play
>>> what is to be read by the user from a varabels .
>>>
>>> any help here?
>>>
>>>
>>> Paul Salyers
>>> PS1 - Senior Rep.
>>> [hidden email]
>>> Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-revolution mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>>> subscription preferences:
>>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>>
>>
>
>
> Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
> 2.6
>
>
> Advanced Media Group
> Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
> Semantic Compaction Systems
> Prentke Romich Company
> Prentke Romich International
> SCIconics, LLC
> Artist
> Thomas J McGrath III
> [hidden email]
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
>


Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6


Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems
Prentke Romich Company
Prentke Romich International
SCIconics, LLC
Artist
Thomas J McGrath III
[hidden email]






Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6


Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems
Prentke Romich Company
Prentke Romich International
SCIconics, LLC
Artist
Thomas J McGrath III
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voice command

M Young
In reply to this post by Paul Salyers
Paul,

The question "Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could  
speak into mic and the spoken words will print in a text box?" sounds  
like you are asking RR to do voice recognition. IMHO, it is unrealistic  
to expect RR to have voice recognition capability. I mean as best as I  
can tell even IBM gave up on VR on the desktop.

Dragon Pro used to be cross platform, but it is not currently.
http://www.dragonsys.com/
http://knowledgebase.scansoft.com/view.asp?tnID=4959&sQuery=macintosh

IBM ViaVoice is still available on Macintosh in addition to Windows,  
but when I have tried to move voice files between Macintosh and Windows  
it has not worked. So VV is not really cross platform. Plus VV does not  
appear to be actively developed since IBM dumped VV off to Scansoft  
that long ago bought Dragon Systems.
http://www.dragonsys.com/viavoice/

iListen is a Macintosh only product
http://www.macspeech.com/
, by a Mac only company.
http://www.macspeech.com/company/

However I have grave doubts about the long term viability of MacSpeech  
and iListen, since they have been hinting/promising/etc. for several  
years that they will develop medical, legal and etc. vocabularies  
(needed to improve VR out of the box) and it has not happened.
http://macspeech.crmhelp.net/index.php?
_a=knowledgebase&_j=rate&_i=56&type=yes
http://macspeech.crmhelp.net/index.php?
_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=56

OTOH, MacSpeech does keep developing add-on products for more main  
stream applications so there still may be hope. :-)
http://macspeech.crmhelp.net/index.php?
_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=82&nav=+%26gt%3B+%3Ca+href%3D%27i
ndex.php%3F_a%3Dknowledgebase%26_j%3Dsubcat%26_i%3D1%27%3EPre%2FPost+Sal
es+Questions%3C%2Fa%3E
http://www.macspeech.com/store/default.php?
cPath=3&osCsid_private=d47e7d12c82ca38df389633404b73248

HTH,

Michael

On Jul 6, 2005, at 6:53 AM, [hidden email]  
wrote:

> Dragon PRO is very good and crossplatform to boot.
>
> tom
>
> On Jul 6, 2005, at 1:27 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:
>
>> Not sure how this would be handled in Rev, but OS X has these
>> capabilities in some form or another.
>>
>> I'm experimenting with a new program called iListen that claims to
>> take dictation and voice commands for OS X.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> On Jul 5, 2005, at 8:40 PM, Paul Salyers wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could speak into a
>>> mic and the spoken words will print in a text box?
>>>
>>> Also interested in having where the speakers/head pones will play
>>> what is to be read by the user from a varabels .
>>>
>>> any help here?
>>>
>>>
>>> Paul Salyers
>>> PS1 - Senior Rep.
>>> [hidden email]
>>> Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voice command

Paul Salyers
In reply to this post by Thomas McGrath III



This is what I'm trying to accomplish


revSpeechVoices([voiceGender])

revSpeechVoices()
revSpeechVoices("female")
put revSpeechVoices("neuter") into button "Voices Menu"


totally lost tho, some one please send a sample working stack for the
windows platform.

thanks




Paul Salyers
PS1 - Senior Rep.
[hidden email]
Http://ps1.SoftSeven.org


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution