new license type

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new license type

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hey folks, what you all think about the new license?

I like it, I'll end up paying it before long, and I suspect a lot of people
will too. Good move by Livecode Inc.
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new license type

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Yeah, I might do this, if they keep the license long enough for me to
adjust my products.

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com
https://www.facebook.com/marksch

Buy the most extensive book on the
LiveCode language:
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com

Op 13-Sep-17 om 19:48 schreef Tom Glod via use-livecode:

> Hey folks, what you all think about the new license?
>
> I like it, I'll end up paying it before long, and I suspect a lot of people
> will too. Good move by Livecode Inc.
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new license type

Tom Glod via use-livecode
How did I miss this? What new license type”?


> On Sep 13, 2017, at 1:16 PM, Mark Schonewille via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I might do this, if they keep the license long enough for me to adjust my products.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille
> http://economy-x-talk.com
> https://www.facebook.com/marksch
>
> Buy the most extensive book on the
> LiveCode language:
> http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com
>
> Op 13-Sep-17 om 19:48 schreef Tom Glod via use-livecode:
>> Hey folks, what you all think about the new license?
>>
>> I like it, I'll end up paying it before long, and I suspect a lot of people
>> will too. Good move by Livecode Inc.
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new license type

Tom Glod via use-livecode

> On 14 Sep 2017, at 7:37 am, Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How did I miss this? What new license type”?

Well it only came out a few hours ago so you didn’t really miss it ;-)

https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/ <https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/>

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new license type

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Thank you, Monty. Wow! I think this is exactly what I was pushing for months ago.

Cheers,

Roger



> On Sep 13, 2017, at 2:44 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>> On 14 Sep 2017, at 7:37 am, Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> How did I miss this? What new license type”?
>
> Well it only came out a few hours ago so you didn’t really miss it ;-)
>
> https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/ <https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/>
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new license type

Tom Glod via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Tom Glod via use-livecode
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Roger Guay via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> How did I miss this? What new license type”?

Yeah I thought I'd missed it too. Got the email about the new
Autocomplete and Live Errors in LC 8.2 and there was the mention of LC
Community Plus???? I know I've been extremely busy lately and haven't
been able to spend time on the List (or with LC) as much as I'd like,
but I still skim through the List and figured I couldn't miss
something this big.

I definitely like the idea and am sure it's a move in the right
direction. $79 I'm not so sure about, but I don't have a marketing
team behind me and Kevin does. Either way, down the track if it needs
tweaking I'm sure that's exactly what will happen because one thing is
quite clear, the LC Team listens to this community and it's customers
and they respond on all the opinions and feedback; not just from the
vocal minority.

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new license type

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Wow, $79 is a really good price point I think, especially with those 5
mergExt plugins. The free version still exists which is excellent and Plus
is 6x cheaper than Indy, the next option up. It all adds up to fantastic
value for money to any startup or entrepreneur in my meager opinion.

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
www.pidigital.co.uk
+44(1634)402193
+44(7702)116447
'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
box!'
'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
but it is yourself!'

eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

On 13 September 2017 at 23:03, Kay C Lan via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Roger Guay via use-livecode
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > How did I miss this? What new license type”?
>
> Yeah I thought I'd missed it too. Got the email about the new
> Autocomplete and Live Errors in LC 8.2 and there was the mention of LC
> Community Plus???? I know I've been extremely busy lately and haven't
> been able to spend time on the List (or with LC) as much as I'd like,
> but I still skim through the List and figured I couldn't miss
> something this big.
>
> I definitely like the idea and am sure it's a move in the right
> direction. $79 I'm not so sure about, but I don't have a marketing
> team behind me and Kevin does. Either way, down the track if it needs
> tweaking I'm sure that's exactly what will happen because one thing is
> quite clear, the LC Team listens to this community and it's customers
> and they respond on all the opinions and feedback; not just from the
> vocal minority.
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode