(no subject)

jameshale
My app had some 20 or so buttons, each with a carefully drawn and saved png (in multiple sizes) that sorted of looked ok in LC7.
Once I moved over to LC8 I immediately went looking for svg icons, modifying them or making my own. Extracted the path (really not that difficult, there is even a library stack now that will do it for you) and replaced all my png'd buttons with SVG widgets.
The widgets, quite happily respond to the mouseup handlers and now I have really nice looking icons that respond to user interaction and will look great no matter what the screen resolution of the device they are being shown on.
Sure they are monochrome, but I actually prefer them that way.
I will take monochrome clarity over a colored blur any day ;-)

James

Richard, in replying to...

> Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami who wrote:
>
>> With images we can import a raster "object" and then set the icon
>> of a button to that image.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be nice to be able to do the same with a SVG file?
>
> We can't?
>
> What's the point of an SGV Icon object if it can't be used as an icon?

Re:

Dr. Hawkins
That's longways from when I had to replace  checkbox buttons with field
 scored for X because they insisted on printing at  72dpi with grainy
scaling . . .

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 6:44 AM, James Hale <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My app had some 20 or so buttons, each with a carefully drawn and saved
> png (in multiple sizes) that sorted of looked ok in LC7.
> Once I moved over to LC8 I immediately went looking for svg icons,
> modifying them or making my own. Extracted the path (really not that
> difficult, there is even a library stack now that will do it for you) and
> replaced all my png'd buttons with SVG widgets.
> The widgets, quite happily respond to the mouseup handlers and now I have
> really nice looking icons that respond to user interaction and will look
> great no matter what the screen resolution of the device they are being
> shown on.
> Sure they are monochrome, but I actually prefer them that way.
> I will take monochrome clarity over a colored blur any day ;-)
>
> James
>
> Richard, in replying to...
> > Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami who wrote:
> >
> >> With images we can import a raster "object" and then set the icon
> >> of a button to that image.
> >>
> >> Wouldn't it be nice to be able to do the same with a SVG file?
> >
> > We can't?
> >
> > What's the point of an SGV Icon object if it can't be used as an icon?

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

Re:

rjd318
Ah! What's the library stack that does the svg path conversion?

Sent from my iPhone