[on-rev] browser not reloading modified irev pages

[on-rev] browser not reloading modified irev pages

niconiko
Hey,

My modifications to irev pages are not being loaded. At least, not immediately.

Changes made thru the cPanel File Manager to the code of my irev pages
require a wait of a few minutes before re-accessing the modified pages
with a browser. Otherwise, the browser persists in displaying the
older versions of those modified irev pages.

Is this a problem with my browser? my irev or html code? the on-rev server?

All I know is to try browser refresh buttons and clearing browser
history. No luck, though.

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Cueto

Re: [on-rev] browser not reloading modified irev pages

Martin Koob
Did you try clearing the browser cache?

Martin

Re: [on-rev] browser not reloading modified irev pages

Alex Tweedly
I've never seen a problem with delays in reloading. But I've also never
used cPanel File Manager :-)

Can you try updating your pages another way, maybe the on-rev client (I
know, it's frustrating, but just grit your teeth and use it for few
minutes for testing purposes), or ftp and see if you experience the same
issues ?

-- Alex.

On 08/02/2011 23:15, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> Hey,
>
> My modifications to irev pages are not being loaded. At least, not immediately.
>
> Changes made thru the cPanel File Manager to the code of my irev pages
> require a wait of a few minutes before re-accessing the modified pages
> with a browser. Otherwise, the browser persists in displaying the
> older versions of those modified irev pages.
>
> Is this a problem with my browser? my irev or html code? the on-rev server?
>
> All I know is to try browser refresh buttons and clearing browser
> history. No luck, though.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Nicolas Cueto

Re: [on-rev] browser not reloading modified irev pages

Andre Garzia-3
I suspect martin is right, it is probably cache.

One trick is always trying to access your irev page with a timestamp such as:

http://www.example.com/mypage.irev?bogus=1234567898776544

if you change the bogus value for every access, you never reach a cached page.

http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.