on-rev debug function not working with https

on-rev debug function not working with https

Martin Koob
I have an on-rev site and I am trying to use the debug function.

I have an ssl certificate for the site so the site URL should be
https://subdomain.myrevsite.com

If I click the debug button for an on-rev file eg. mypage.irev it tries to load the following url

http://subdomain.myrevsite.com:7309/mypage.irev

The resulting error message is

>Not Found

>The requested URL /mypage.irev was not found on this server.

>Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the >request.

Is this an issue due to the fact it is an https URL?
Is this something that needs a bug report or a feature request?

Martin

Re: on-rev debug function not working with https

Andre Garzia-3
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have an on-rev site and I am trying to use the debug function.
>
> I have an ssl certificate for the site so the site URL should be
> https://subdomain.myrevsite.com
>
> If I click the debug button for an on-rev file eg. mypage.irev it tries to
> load the following url
>
> http://subdomain.myrevsite.com:7309/mypage.irev

Martin,

Try to manually access the following address on your website:

https://subdomain.myrevsite.com:7309/mypage.irev<http://subdomain.myrevsite.com:7309/mypage.irev>

See if it goes thru ok. I've been trying to reverse engineer the debug
protocol but so far no luck.

http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Re: on-rev debug function not working with https

Martin Koob
Hi Andre

If I try manually entering the https url in the browser I get the error message from safari:

Safari can’t open the page “https://subdomain.myrevsite.com:7309/mypage.irev" because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “subdomain.myrevsite.com"

Martin

Re: on-rev debug function not working with https

Martin Koob
Also the "view online" button does not work correctly with the pages with an https url.  I click the "view online" button and it does not go to the page I have selected it just ends up at the index page of the site.

I looked at what was happening and for the "view online"  it just puts the URL
http://subdomain.myrevsite.com/mypage.irev

My site then replaces that with an https url which is just https://subdomain.myrevsite.com

Is there a way to get around this with the current version of on-rev or does this have to be a feature request to have a way to indicate on-rev should use https urls for a specific site?

Martin