password

Lambo
hi every body
I have here a little script of checking
user id and password

I am sure there is a better way of doing this
any ideas

set itemDel to comma
   put fld "id" into tid
   put fld "password" into tpassword
   find tid in fld "passwords"
  select item 2 of the foundline
put the selectedText into tpass
  if tpass = tpassword then Beep 3

Thanks Liam
Ireland

Re: password

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Liam,

I assume that fld "id" contains one word, while field "passwords"
contains a list of passwords. I change the name "id" into "Ident"
because it is bad to give objects names equal to reserved words.

on foo
   if checkPW() then beep 3
end foo

function checkPW
   put lineoffset(fld "Ident",fld "Passwords") into myLineNr
   return (fld "Ident" is item 2 of line myLineNr of fld "Passwords")
end checkPW

Maybe, we can come up with something better, if you explain what
exactly you want to do.

Best regards,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Salery is the easiest way to set up your own web store: http://
www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 26-apr-2006, om 14:49 heeft Liam Lambert het volgende geschreven:

> hi every body
> I have here a little script of checking
> user id and password
>
> I am sure there is a better way of doing this
> any ideas
>

> set itemDel to comma
>   put fld "id" into tid
>   put fld "password" into tpassword