play video within a stack

larry
Hello All,
Is there a way to link to a YouTube video, but play the video within my stack without having to embed the video?

I mean, the user clicks on a "Play" button within the stack and then it will play the linked video right in the app, without opening a browser for YouTube.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Larry

Re: play video within a stack

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Larry,

larry wrote
Is there a way to link to a YouTube video, but play the video
within my stack without having to embed the video?
yes, you could use the revbrowser:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2014-April/200977.html

Have a nice week!

Al

Re: play video within a stack

Phil Davis-5
You can set the filename of a player object to a URL. This works with my
videos on Vimeo at least, so I'm thinking there may be a way to get a
URL from YouTube that will work as well. But so far (after 5 minutes) I
haven't succeeded.

Phil Davis

On 4/20/14, 12:06 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello All,
> Is there a way to link to a YouTube video, but play the video within my stack without having to embed the video?
>
> I mean, the user clicks on a "Play" button within the stack and then it will play the linked video right in the app, without opening a browser for YouTube.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Larry

Phil Davis