playing a video in Win7?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi,

Trying to simply play an h264 video on LC 9 in a player on a Win7
machine. Quicktime installed. I have .mov, .mp4, .mv4 videos that
all play fine on Mac osx /and/ in QT on the Win7 machine. But I
can only get .wmv to play in the LC player object on Win7.

Have to create a little in-house app for a Win7 user...  Very
first time to use LC on Windows.

Any hints?

Much appreciated.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

Re: playing a video in Win7?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Tim,

> Am 24.02.2018 um 14:06 schrieb Tim Selander via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Trying to simply play an h264 video on LC 9 in a player on a Win7 machine. Quicktime installed.
> I have .mov, .mp4, .mv4 videos that all play fine on Mac osx /and/ in QT on the Win7 machine.
> But I can only get .wmv to play in the LC player object on Win7.
> Have to create a little in-house app for a Win7 user...  Very first time to use LC on Windows.
> Any hints? Much appreciated.

if possible, install these filter (plug-ins for WMP) on the target machine, which will
let you play MP4 and a lot more formats in a player object on Windows:
<https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases>

> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan

Best