posting and file writing

Peter Bower
I am posting a field content to a cgi script on my server.
It opens and writes a text file.
All goes well, when it works.

Is there a simple method to error trap when for some reason the write doesn't occur, so that the script will repeat the process?

Thanks.

Peter

Re: posting and file writing

Ken Ray
On 6/13/05 11:10 AM, "Peter Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am posting a field content to a cgi script on my server.
> It opens and writes a text file.
> All goes well, when it works.
>
> Is there a simple method to error trap when for some reason the write doesn't
> occur, so that the script will repeat the process?

What method are you using to create the text file? Open-write-close, or put
into url("file:") ?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/