probably really simple

Brad Borch
I want to save out a compressed copy of the stack. How do I reference
the stack as a file? I tried

"put compress(URL "file:" & the effective filename of this stack) into
url myFilePath"

but that just saves the string.

Re: probably really simple

Alex Tweedly
Brad Borch wrote:

> I want to save out a compressed copy of the stack. How do I reference
> the stack as a file? I tried
>
> "put compress(URL "file:" & the effective filename of this stack) into
> url myFilePath"
>
> but that just saves the string.

When you use "URL", you need to be sure that the expression following it
is a single expression - it's safest to parenthesize it, as in

   put compress(URL ("file:" & the effective filename of this stack))
into url myFilePath

otherwise you get URL "file:"   as one part and
                           the effective filename of this stack  as
another part, and join them by the "&".

--
Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

Re: probably really simple

Eric Chatonet
Hi Brad,

   put url( "binfile:" & the effective filename of this stack) into
tData
   if the platform = "MacOS" then
     put the fileType into tFileType
     set the fileType to "????ZIP "
   end if
   put compress(tData) into url("binfile:" & myFilePath & ".rev.gz")
   if the platform = "MacOS" then set the fileType to tFileType

Hope this helps :-)

Le 19 juil. 05 à 17:45, Brad Borch a écrit :

> I want to save out a compressed copy of the stack. How do I
> reference the stack as a file? I tried
>
> "put compress(URL "file:" & the effective filename of this stack)
> into url myFilePath"
>
> but that just saves the string.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.