problem building for Android on 5.0.2

Andre Garzia-3
Hey Folks,

Anyone seeing an error like:

INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES

when building for android. I am testing on a real device and I can't.

It used to work before.

=/

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: problem building for Android on 5.0.2

Colin Holgate-2
I think that's one error I saw, when I was installing an app that was set to the default values, onto a device that already had an app made with the default settings.

So, check the identifier field in the Android settings, to make sure it's different to other apps you've installed already.

RE: problem building for Android on 5.0.2

Ralph DiMola
I have received this error when:

1) Installing app from an apk using "sign with my key"  after using the
test button on the real device.
2) Using the test button on the real device then installing from an apk
using "sign with my key"

This may also be a problem using a dev certificate. Solution was to
uninstall app from device then reinstall from apk or test button.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

Re: problem building for Android on 5.0.2

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

I am just curious about Android builds:
Are these compiled Java programs?

And iOS builds, Are C# compiled programs?

Thanks in advance!

Al

Re: problem building for Android on 5.0.2

Andre Garzia-3
Alejandro,

iOS builds are ARM Executables. Usually made from Objective-C but anything
that builds for ARM and that can interface with iOS/MacOS libraries and
frameworks is good to go.

I have no clue about android. I assume it is some sort of Dalvik VM
bytecode thingy but I don't know.

cheers
Andre

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Alejandro Tejada
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am just curious about Android builds:
> Are these compiled Java programs?
>
> And iOS builds, Are C# compiled programs?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Al

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: problem building for Android on 5.0.2

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Andre,

Andre Garzia-3 wrote
iOS builds are ARM Executables. Usually made from Objective-C but anything
that builds for ARM and that can interface with iOS/MacOS libraries and
frameworks is good to go.
I have no clue about android. I assume it is some sort of Dalvik VM
bytecode thingy but I don't know.
Great! Then it's true that the future of this platform
is to output in multiple languages and platforms.
In this year, we already test the SunnyPerl DLL,
so the same could be made for Python and PHP.

Hopefully, HTML5 and SWF are scheduled for a near future.

Al