problem with groups

Jon-3
I have a group of buttons called EditMeasurePhraseGroup.  When I try to
alter the visibility of that group, using the following statement:

set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true

I get the following error message:

         executing at 11:57:55 AM
Type    Chunk: can't find background
Object    TapRB
Line    set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true
Hint    true

I have no idea what is going on.  The group name is spelled correctly.
Any hints?!?

Jon

Re: problem with groups

Eric Chatonet
Hi Jon,

Just a guess: the defaultStack when you run this line is not the
stack where the group resides but some substack ;-)
Set the defaultStack to "MyMainStack" first or specify set the
visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" of stack "MyMainStack" to
true...

Le 13 juin 05 à 18:03, Jon a écrit :

> I have a group of buttons called EditMeasurePhraseGroup.  When I
> try to alter the visibility of that group, using the following
> statement:
>
> set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true
>
> I get the following error message:
>
>         executing at 11:57:55 AM
> Type    Chunk: can't find background
> Object    TapRB
> Line    set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true
> Hint    true
>
> I have no idea what is going on.  The group name is spelled
> correctly.  Any hints?!?

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Re: problem with groups

Jon-3
Eric:

I'm not smart enough (yet) to have more than one stack; in fact, I only
have one card in one stack.

Now what?

:)

Jon

Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Just a guess: the defaultStack when you run this line is not the
> stack where the group resides but some substack ;-)
> Set the defaultStack to "MyMainStack" first or specify set the
> visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" of stack "MyMainStack" to
> true...
>
> Le 13 juin 05 ? 18:03, Jon a ?crit :
>
>> I have a group of buttons called EditMeasurePhraseGroup.  When I  try
>> to alter the visibility of that group, using the following  statement:
>>
>> set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true
>>
>> I get the following error message:
>>
>>         executing at 11:57:55 AM
>> Type    Chunk: can't find background
>> Object    TapRB
>> Line    set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true
>> Hint    true
>>
>> I have no idea what is going on.  The group name is spelled
>> correctly.  Any hints?!?
>

> Best regards from Paris,
>
> Eric Chatonet.
> So Smart Software
>
> For institutions, companies and associations
> Built-to-order applications: management, multimedia, internet, etc.
> Windows, Mac OS and Linux... With the French touch
>
> Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Re: problem with groups

Eric Chatonet
Hi Jon,

No more guess...
Did you try to test throught the message box:
there is a group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup"
Should return true or false
Did you write again your line of code entirely: rarely but sometimes,
invisible chars can be infortunately added.
Take heart: There is always a good (bad) reason ;-)
You have to find it in a place you and me don't think of...

Le 13 juin 05 à 23:20, Jon a écrit :

> I'm not smart enough (yet) to have more than one stack; in fact, I
> only have one card in one stack.
> Now what?

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Re: problem with groups

Mark Swindell-4
Have you looked at the Application Browser in the file menu to see if
your group is there?  Hide the group and show it via the checkbox and
make sure it's behaving correctly there.  Try your script in the
message box while the App Browser is still showing.  Try to
troubleshoot it there.  (BTW, I don't think the application browser
will update the check box if you hide it via the message box unless you
go to another card and come back.)

Mark

On Jun 13, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Jon wrote:

> Eric:
>
> I'm not smart enough (yet) to have more than one stack; in fact, I
> only have one card in one stack.
>
> Now what?
>
> :)
>
> Jon
>

> Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> Just a guess: the defaultStack when you run this line is not the
>> stack where the group resides but some substack ;-)
>> Set the defaultStack to "MyMainStack" first or specify set the
>> visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" of stack "MyMainStack" to
>> true...
>>
>> Le 13 juin 05 à 18:03, Jon a écrit :
>>
>>> I have a group of buttons called EditMeasurePhraseGroup.  When I
>>> try to alter the visibility of that group, using the following
>>> statement:
>>>
>>> set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true
>>>
>>> I get the following error message:
>>>
>>>         executing at 11:57:55 AM
>>> Type    Chunk: can't find background
>>> Object    TapRB
>>> Line    set the visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" to true
>>> Hint    true
>>>
>>> I have no idea what is going on.  The group name is spelled
>>> correctly.  Any hints?!?
>>

>> Best regards from Paris,
>>
>> Eric Chatonet.
>> So Smart Software
>>
>> For institutions, companies and associations
>> Built-to-order applications: management, multimedia, internet, etc.
>> Windows, Mac OS and Linux... With the French touch
>>
>> Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Re: problem with groups

Jon-3
Sigh.  I hardly know how to say this, but I confused the Name with the
Label.  Simple mistake, and all mine.

Thanks for the emotional support and suggestions.

:)

Jon

Mark Swindell wrote:

> Have you looked at the Application Browser in the file menu to see if
> your group is there?  Hide the group and show it via the checkbox and
> make sure it's behaving correctly there.  Try your script in the
> message box while the App Browser is still showing.  Try to
> troubleshoot it there.  (BTW, I don't think the application browser
> will update the check box if you hide it via the message box unless
> you go to another card and come back.)
>
> Mark
>
> On Jun 13, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Jon wrote:
>
>> Eric:
>>
>> I'm not smart enough (yet) to have more than one stack; in fact, I
>> only have one card in one stack.
>>
>> Now what?
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Jon
>>

>> Eric Chatonet wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jon,
>>>
>>> Just a guess: the defaultStack when you run this line is not the
>>> stack where the group resides but some substack ;-)
>>> Set the defaultStack to "MyMainStack" first or specify set the
>>> visible of group "EditMeasurePhraseGroup" of stack "MyMainStack" to
>>> true...
>>>
>>> Le 13 juin 05 ? 18:03, Jon a ?crit :

>>> Best regards from Paris,
>>>
>>> Eric Chatonet.
>>> So Smart Software
>>>
>>> For institutions, companies and associations
>>> Built-to-order applications: management, multimedia, internet, etc.
>>> Windows, Mac OS and Linux... With the French touch
>>>
>>> Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Re: problem with groups

Eric Chatonet
Hi Jon,

All people who help on this list started making mistakes.
More, they go on ;-)