property inspector lock 2

Mike Kerner
Since the original thread was hijacked,
Any idea how to make the lock on the property inspector stick?  If I select
the property inspector for an object and hit the lock, it does not seem to
stick. So for example, pick A.  Unlock PI.  Pick B.  PI is now locked.
Unlock PI.  Repeat - PI lock doesn't seem to stick.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: property inspector lock 2

Richard Gaskin
Mike Kerner wrote:

 > Any idea how to make the lock on the property inspector stick?  If I
 > select the property inspector for an object and hit the lock, it does
 > not seem to stick. So for example, pick A.  Unlock PI.  Pick B.  PI
 > is now locked. Unlock PI.  Repeat - PI lock doesn't seem to stick.

UTR here, works as expected in v9 on Ubuntu.

Re: property inspector lock 2

Stephen Barncard-4
I've noticed that inspector windows stack perfectly on top of each other,
and the 'new' inspector falls directly on top of the locked one, giving the
visual feedback of being replaced, when actually the locked one is behind
the new one. Some UI designs make sure 'new' windows will be offset
slightly, revealing the obfuscated window.

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Since the original thread was hijacked,
> Any idea how to make the lock on the property inspector stick?  If I select
> the property inspector for an object and hit the lock, it does not seem to
> stick. So for example, pick A.  Unlock PI.  Pick B.  PI is now locked.
> Unlock PI.  Repeat - PI lock doesn't seem to stick.

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: property inspector lock 2

Mike Kerner
What I'm seeing is if I unlock the PI, then I ask for a PI on something
else (say an object on a separate card), the unlocked PI becomes up locked
with the new object.  I did think  about the location being the same, so I
checked that, but no joy.  Same token:  If I lock the PI, it doesn't always
seem to stick, either, and I end up with extra windows when I want one.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM, stephen barncard <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've noticed that inspector windows stack perfectly on top of each other,
> and the 'new' inspector falls directly on top of the locked one, giving the
> visual feedback of being replaced, when actually the locked one is behind
> the new one. Some UI designs make sure 'new' windows will be offset
> slightly, revealing the obfuscated window.
>
> Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
> mixstream.org
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Since the original thread was hijacked,
> > Any idea how to make the lock on the property inspector stick?  If I
> select
> > the property inspector for an object and hit the lock, it does not seem
> > stick. So for example, pick A.  Unlock PI.  Pick B.  PI is now locked.
> > Unlock PI.  Repeat - PI lock doesn't seem to stick.
> >
> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >    and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."