"System" font on Mac - diff between LC 8 and LC 9??

"System" font on Mac - diff between LC 8 and LC 9??

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Could other with a Mac please give this a go to see if my observation is local to my machine alone?

Create a new stack in LC8 and place a field.
Open the message box and enter...

You should see
      this is bold and this is italic
(assuming the styles survive the emailing)
Now open the PI for the field and click on the FONT tab.
I think by default the font is called "Text" and it is one of the Lc named options.
Now change the font to "system".

Do the styles remain visible in the field?

Repeat the above with LC 9

For me...
With LC8 the styles disappear.
With LC9 they don't.

James

Re: "System" font on Mac - diff between LC 8 and LC 9??

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Yes, same here. I’m on 10.12.5, but I imagine it would behave the same on older systems.

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 8:14 PM, James Hale via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Could other with a Mac please give this a go to see if my observation is local to my machine alone?
>
> Create a new stack in LC8 and place a field.
> Open the message box and enter...
>
> You should see
>      this is bold and this is italic
> (assuming the styles survive the emailing)
> Now open the PI for the field and click on the FONT tab.
> I think by default the font is called "Text" and it is one of the Lc named options.
> Now change the font to "system".
>
> Do the styles remain visible in the field?
>
> Repeat the above with LC 9
>
> For me...
> With LC8 the styles disappear.
> With LC9 they don't.
>

> James

Re: "System" font on Mac - diff between LC 8 and LC 9??

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
LC 8.1.3 (Mac OS 10.7.5):

I get the bold but NOT the italic.

LC 9.0.0 DP 4 (Mac OS 10.7.5: