"cleanser" for SQLite and UTF

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I've really never paid much attention to UTF; 7 bit ASCII is fine for
everything I've ever needed to do (save immigration forms, but that was
handled by someone else's software).

Is there a "cleanser" hidden somewhere in livecode that converts arbitrary
text to plain old boring (and those SQLite-able) text? ("UTF" itself yields
no dictionary hits . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

Re: "cleanser" for SQLite and UTF

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
cuz its either utf-8 or utf-16.....

check the textencode and textdecode functions to find what you need.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've really never paid much attention to UTF; 7 bit ASCII is fine for
> everything I've ever needed to do (save immigration forms, but that was
> handled by someone else's software).
>
> Is there a "cleanser" hidden somewhere in livecode that converts arbitrary
> text to plain old boring (and those SQLite-able) text? ("UTF" itself yields
> no dictionary hits . . .)
>
> --
> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
> (702) 508-8462

Re: "cleanser" for SQLite and UTF

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
interesting ... the filter in the dictionary should optionally search the
text for each entry.  i might add that as a feature request.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> cuz its either utf-8 or utf-16.....
>
> check the textencode and textdecode functions to find what you need.
>
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've really never paid much attention to UTF; 7 bit ASCII is fine for
>> everything I've ever needed to do (save immigration forms, but that was
>> handled by someone else's software).
>>
>> Is there a "cleanser" hidden somewhere in livecode that converts arbitrary
>> text to plain old boring (and those SQLite-able) text? ("UTF" itself
>> yields
>> no dictionary hits . . .)
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
>> (702) 508-8462

Re: "cleanser" for SQLite and UTF

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Have you looked up textencode and textdecode?

Sent from my iPhone