"clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi friends,

I just saw a code snippet in the german LC forum,
did not believe it would work, tested it and in fact it DID?

Here the line in question:
clear the last word in field 1
That actually deletes the last word of a field!? Holy Moses!

According to the docs "clear" is just one of the many INK blendmodes.
I'm completely puzzled!

Any comment appreciated. :-)

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: "clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
According to dictionary:
"clear chunk" is a synonym to "delete chunk".

Re: "clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Hermann,

> Am 26.01.2018 um 13:43 schrieb hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> According to dictionary:
> "clear chunk" is a synonym to "delete chunk".

ah, yes, sorry, I only looked for "clear".
Thanks for the hint!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: "clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Klaus wrote: ... I only looked for "clear".

You never used that?
This is a symptom for ... (forgot the name of that disease).

Re: "clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Hermann,

> Am 26.01.2018 um 13:51 schrieb hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus wrote: ... I only looked for "clear".
>
> You never used that?

no, never even heard of that in the last 18 years of using MC and Rev and LC.

> This is a symptom for ... (forgot the name of that disease).

"Malmsheimer", like in Jochen M., the german cabaret artist, I think...? 8-)

Best

Klaus (or was it Shirley?)
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: "clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
I used to play the Cabaret in high school. ;-)

Bob S

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 04:55 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Hermann,
>
>> Am 26.01.2018 um 13:51 schrieb hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Klaus wrote: ... I only looked for "clear".
>>
>> You never used that?
>
> no, never even heard of that in the last 18 years of using MC and Rev and LC.
>
>> This is a symptom for ... (forgot the name of that disease).
>
> "Malmsheimer", like in Jochen M., the german cabaret artist, I think...? 8-)
>

> Best
>
> Klaus (or was it Shirley?)
> --
> Klaus Major

Re: "clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Because “clear” is also a synonym of “delete”. :-)

Paul

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 3:41 AM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi friends,
>
> I just saw a code snippet in the german LC forum,
> did not believe it would work, tested it and in fact it DID?
>
> Here the line in question:
> clear the last word in field 1
> That actually deletes the last word of a field!? Holy Moses!
>
> According to the docs "clear" is just one of the many INK blendmodes.
> I'm completely puzzled!
>
> Any comment appreciated. :-)
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: "clear" a command?

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Paul,

> Am 26.01.2018 um 18:16 schrieb Paul Hibbert via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Because “clear” is also a synonym of “delete”. :-)

I came to exact the same conclusion! :-D