reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi all,

ist is possible to read the QR-code from an imported image
on the Mac? If yes, how?
The dictionary did not really enlighten me...

Thanks in advance!

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
No idea? Anyone?

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Klaus,

Would this help you?
https://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

Jim Lambert

Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Jim,

> Am 23.11.2020 um 19:21 schrieb Jim Lambert via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus,
>
> Would this help you?
> https://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

thank you, but no.

I was hoping we could do this with and inside of LC with a
build-in lib or external or whatever, as the subject says.

> Jim Lambert

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Right, no idea. I've heard the barcode reader can read QR codes but that
requires camera access and is for scanning external images. I've never
heard of a utility that can read the binary content of an image to
interpret a code.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
On November 23, 2020 8:27:03 AM Klaus major-k via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> No idea? Anyone?
>
>> Am 20.11.2020 um 19:16 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode
>> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> ist is possible to read the QR-code from an imported image
>> on the Mac? If yes, how?
>> The dictionary did not really enlighten me...
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de

Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
why not ask LC if they will compile the external from ios to macos?

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 1:43 PM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Right, no idea. I've heard the barcode reader can read QR codes but that
> requires camera access and is for scanning external images. I've never
> heard of a utility that can read the binary content of an image to
> interpret a code.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
> On November 23, 2020 8:27:03 AM Klaus major-k via use-livecode
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > No idea? Anyone?
> >
> >> Am 20.11.2020 um 19:16 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode
> >> <[hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> ist is possible to read the QR-code from an imported image
> >> on the Mac? If yes, how?
> >> The dictionary did not really enlighten me...
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance!
> >>

> >> Best
> >>
> >> Klaus
> >
> > --
> > Klaus Major
> > https://www.major-k.de

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
You should be able to use mergAV with the source set as library or album. I use the live camera (“video”) to read barcodes.
        mergAVRequestMediaAccess "video"

--Andrew Bell

on mouseDown

        mergAVRequestMediaAccess --“audio” ## DEPRECATED parameter requirement

end mouseDown

on mouseUp

        if platform() <> "iphone" then

                answer "Sorry, the barcode scanner feature is currently unavailable on this platform."

                exit mouseUp

        else

                wait 500 milliseconds with messages

                mergAVCamStartBarcodeReader

        end if // platform()

end mouseUp

on mergAVCamBarcodeFound pBarcode, pType

        answer pType && “barcode found” & cr & pBarcode

        mergAVCamDelete

end mergAVCamBarcodeFound

> Subject: Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image
>
> No idea? Anyone?
>
>> Am 20.11.2020 um 19:16 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> ist is possible to read the QR-code from an imported image
>> on the Mac? If yes, how?
>> The dictionary did not really enlighten me...
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major

Re: reading QR-code on Mac from an imported image

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Andrew,

> Am 23.11.2020 um 21:39 schrieb Andrew at MidWest Coast Media via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> You should be able to use mergAV with the source set as library or album. I use the live camera (“video”) to read barcodes.
> mergAVRequestMediaAccess "video"
> --Andrew Bell
> on mouseDown
> end mergAVCamBarcodeFound

thank you!

I knew about this, but how does this work with an IMPORTED image? 8-)

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major