relative path help

Bob Hartley
Hi All

I have managed (with the help of a script of Sarah's to create dynamic paths
and in turn creatre an absoute path to my apps folder. I also changed the /
to a \ for using the shell.

eg
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq\My

Now I want to have this as part of a script that runs an app from the
command line.

The old script was "hardwired" to one folder (C:\Armbase etc) and works.
the old script is
on mouseup
 set the hideConsoleWindows to true
--space put in to assist reading
  put "c:\Armbase\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote & "c
---note no carridge return here, just wordwrapping
\Armbase\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline

  get shell(mycommandline)

  put url("file:c:\Armbase\Components\Armbase.txt") into tFile

end mouseup

sarah suggested put myAppsFolder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe" into tPath

so I used

on mouseup
 set the hideConsoleWindows to true
  put myApps\Folder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
--just wordwrapping here
myAppsFolder() & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
  get shell(mycommandline)

endmouseup

when I substitute this in it does not work.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Bob

Re: relative path help

Bob Hartley
You wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have managed (with the help of a script of Sarah's to create dynamic
> paths and in turn creatre an absoute path to my apps folder. I also
> changed the / to a \ for using the shell.

I should mention that I declare a global myAppsFolder and create the path
with
ON OPENSTACK
  get the filename of stack "Armbase Launcher"
  put it into gMyAppsFolder
  set the itemDel to "/"
  delete the last item of gMyAppsFolder
  replace "/" with "\" in gMyAppsFolder
  Put gMyAppsFolder into field "pathtest"
end OPENSTACK

The line  Put gMyAppsFolder into field "pathtest" is only to check in a text
box that the path is working.

cheers
bob

> eg C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq\My
>
> Now I want to have this as part of a script that runs an app from the
> command line.
>
> The old script was "hardwired" to one folder (C:\Armbase etc) and works.
> the old script is on mouseup
>  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
> --space put in to assist reading
>   put "c:\Armbase\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote & "c
> ---note no carridge return here, just wordwrapping
> \Armbase\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
>
>   get shell(mycommandline)
>
>   put url("file:c:\Armbase\Components\Armbase.txt") into tFile
>
> end mouseup
>
> sarah suggested put myAppsFolder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe" into tPath
>
> so I used
>
> on mouseup
>  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
>   put myApps\Folder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
> --just wordwrapping here myAppsFolder() & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" &
> quote into mycommandline
>   get shell(mycommandline)
>
> endmouseup
>
> when I substitute this in it does not work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers Bob _______________________________________________ use-revolution
> mailing list [hidden email] Please visit this url to
> subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:

Re: relative path help

Bob Hartley
You wrote:

I noticed a mistake here but it still does nt work when rectified
> on mouseup
>  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
>   put myApps\Folder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
the above line has an extra \ so i changerd it to
ut myAppsFolder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
> --just wordwrapping here myAppsFolder() & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" &
> quote into mycommandline
>   get shell(mycommandline)
>
> endmouseup

Cheers
bob

Re: relative path help

Sarah Reichelt
> on mouseup
>  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
>   put myApps\Folder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
> --just wordwrapping here
> myAppsFolder() & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
>   get shell(mycommandline)
>
> endmouseup
>
> when I substitute this in it does not work.

Hi Bob,

According to a later email, you are finding the apps folder and
putting it into a global variable called gMyAppsFolder. In the script
above, you are calling a function: myAppsFolder to get the same data.

Try this:

on mouseup
  global gMyAppsFolder
  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
  put gMyAppsFolder & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote & \
    gMyAppsFolder & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
  get shell(mycommandline)
end mouseup

Cheers,
Sarah

Re: relative path help

Bob Hartley
You wrote:

Hi Sarah

> > on mouseup
> >  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
> >   put myApps\Folder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
> > --just wordwrapping here myAppsFolder() & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" &
> > quote into mycommandline
> >   get shell(mycommandline)
> >
> > endmouseup
> >
> > when I substitute this in it does not work.
> >

> Hi Bob,
>
> According to a later email, you are finding the apps folder and putting it
> into a global variable called gMyAppsFolder. In the script above, you are
> calling a function: myAppsFolder to get the same data.
>
> Try this:
>
> on mouseup
>   global gMyAppsFolder
>   set the hideConsoleWindows to true
>   put gMyAppsFolder & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
>     gMyAppsFolder & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
>   get shell(mycommandline)
> end mouseup

Bizarely I had tried this before going to bed (oh the exciting life I lead)
and it did not work.

I'll have a wee dig about later.

All the best
Bob