remote debugging just stopped being available.

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
The date support library I think was used for the calendar widget example -
I don't think it comes with the ide. You should be able to uninstall it
using the extension manager, should you wish!

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 at 04:28, Terry Judd via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bug 20327.
>
> Terry...
>
> On 5/09/2017 1:19 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Terry Judd via
> use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     OK will do – it seems to be present in all version of LC 8 that I have
> (8.1.3, 8.1.4 and 8.1.6) as well as LC 9.0.0 (dp 8).
>
>     Terry...
>
>     On 5/09/2017 1:09 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Monte Goulding via
> use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

>         > On 5 Sep 2017, at 1:08 pm, Terry Judd via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>         >
>         > Seems like it’s not required anyway. Would be interested to know
> what it does (or doesn’t do) though.
>
>         Can you open a report with a screenshot of the offending
> inclusion. Something isn’t right but I’m not sure what it is at this stage,
>
>         Cheers
>
>         Monte

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Thanks Ali – I’ll probably just ignore it from now on ;)

Terry...

    [hidden email]> wrote:

    > Bug 20327.
    >
    > Terry...
    >
    > On 5/09/2017 1:19 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Terry Judd via
    > use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
    > [hidden email]> wrote:
    >
    >     OK will do – it seems to be present in all version of LC 8 that I have
    > (8.1.3, 8.1.4 and 8.1.6) as well as LC 9.0.0 (dp 8).
    >
    >     Terry...
    >
    >     On 5/09/2017 1:09 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Monte Goulding via
    > use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
    > [hidden email]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >         > On 5 Sep 2017, at 1:08 pm, Terry Judd via use-livecode <
    > [hidden email]> wrote:
    >         >
    >         > Seems like it’s not required anyway. Would be interested to know
    > what it does (or doesn’t do) though.
    >
    >         Can you open a report with a screenshot of the offending
    > inclusion. Something isn’t right but I’m not sure what it is at this stage,
    >
    >         Cheers
    >
    >         Monte

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
You also have to set the test target, and make sure your device is
recognized.  Yesterday, for example, the phone I was using to test kept
disappearing from the list, so I had to disconnect/reconnect it.  I didn't
come up with a recipe that would let the team dive in and try to fix it.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Terry Judd via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Ali – I’ll probably just ignore it from now on ;)
>
> Terry...
>
> On 5/09/2017 5:26 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Ali Lloyd via
> use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     The date support library I think was used for the calendar widget
> example -
>     I don't think it comes with the ide. You should be able to uninstall it
>     using the extension manager, should you wish!
>
>     On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 at 04:28, Terry Judd via use-livecode <
>     [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     > Bug 20327.
>     >
>     > Terry...
>     >
>     > On 5/09/2017 1:19 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Terry Judd via
>     > use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
>     > [hidden email]> wrote:
>     >
>     >     OK will do – it seems to be present in all version of LC 8 that
> I have
>     > (8.1.3, 8.1.4 and 8.1.6) as well as LC 9.0.0 (dp 8).
>     >
>     >     Terry...
>     >
>     >     On 5/09/2017 1:09 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Monte Goulding
> via
>     > use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
>     > [hidden email]> wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >         > On 5 Sep 2017, at 1:08 pm, Terry Judd via use-livecode <
>     > [hidden email]> wrote:
>     >         >
>     >         > Seems like it’s not required anyway. Would be interested
> to know
>     > what it does (or doesn’t do) though.
>     >
>     >         Can you open a report with a screenshot of the offending
>     > inclusion. Something isn’t right but I’m not sure what it is at this
> stage,
>     >
>     >         Cheers
>     >
>     >         Monte
>     >         _______________________________________________
>     >         use-livecode mailing list
>     >         [hidden email]
>     >         Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage
> your
>     > subscription preferences:
>     >
>     >
>     >     _______________________________________________
>     >     use-livecode mailing list
>     >     [hidden email]
>     >     Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>     > subscription preferences:
>     >
>     >
>     > use-livecode mailing list
>     > [hidden email]
>     > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>     > subscription preferences:

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
You also have to make sure that both the phone and your machine use he same
internet connection

Best,
Panos
--

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >     >         Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage
> > your
> >     > subscription preferences:
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >     _______________________________________________
> >     >     use-livecode mailing list
> >     >     [hidden email]
> >     >     Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> >     > subscription preferences:
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > _______________________________________________
> >     > use-livecode mailing list
> >     > [hidden email]
> >     > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> >     > subscription preferences:

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Well,
Because if my funky remote debug crashing, yesterday, I just built a new
app to see if I can reproduce the crash so I can file a bug report
App created
Remote debugger selected in inclusions
profile selected, ios selected for build, name set
Phone set as test target
Nets are the same
Hit test
Everything seems ok, but the app never installs on the phone.
(cringes and waits for someone to point out the silly thing I forgot to do)

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 10:58 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > >     > subscription preferences:
> > >     >
> > >     >
> > >     >     _______________________________________________
> > >     >     use-livecode mailing list
> > >     >     [hidden email]
> > >     >     Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage
> your
> > >     > subscription preferences:
> > >     >
> > >     >
> > >     > _______________________________________________
> > >     > use-livecode mailing list
> > >     > [hidden email]
> > >     > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> > >     > subscription preferences:

> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
If the app never installs on the phone, it is likely because of some
provisioning profile-related issue (arghh!). Unfortunately this kind of
error msgs are not shown when using the "Test" button.

So I suggest you build an iOS standalone and try to install the app on the
device using Xcode. This will (hopefully) show an error dialog with a
descriptive msg when it tries to install the app into the phone.

Best,
Panos
--

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well,
> Because if my funky remote debug crashing, yesterday, I just built a new
> app to see if I can reproduce the crash so I can file a bug report
> App created
> Remote debugger selected in inclusions
> profile selected, ios selected for build, name set
> Phone set as test target
> Nets are the same
> Hit test
> Everything seems ok, but the app never installs on the phone.
> (cringes and waits for someone to point out the silly thing I forgot to do)
>
> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 10:58 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > You also have to make sure that both the phone and your machine use he
> same
> > internet connection
> >
> > Best,
> > Panos
> > --
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > You also have to set the test target, and make sure your device is
> > > recognized.  Yesterday, for example, the phone I was using to test kept
> > > disappearing from the list, so I had to disconnect/reconnect it.  I
> > didn't
> > > come up with a recipe that would let the team dive in and try to fix
> it.

> > uninstall
> > > it

> > of
> > that
> > Goulding
> > of
> use-livecode
> > <
> > interested
> offending
> > > this
> > manage
> > your

> > > --
> > > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> > >    and did a little diving.
> > > And God said, "This is good."

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Yeah, I just discovered that a little while ago.  So, is there a bug
report?  Should I file one?  I didn't see one in the list.  The only PP bug
I see is the one I filed a couple months ago on the other issue.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:19 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> If the app never installs on the phone, it is likely because of some
> provisioning profile-related issue (arghh!). Unfortunately this kind of
> error msgs are not shown when using the "Test" button.
>
> So I suggest you build an iOS standalone and try to install the app on the
> device using Xcode. This will (hopefully) show an error dialog with a
> descriptive msg when it tries to install the app into the phone.
>
> Best,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Well,
> > Because if my funky remote debug crashing, yesterday, I just built a new
> > app to see if I can reproduce the crash so I can file a bug report
> > App created
> > Remote debugger selected in inclusions
> > profile selected, ios selected for build, name set
> > Phone set as test target
> > Nets are the same
> > Hit test
> > Everything seems ok, but the app never installs on the phone.
> > (cringes and waits for someone to point out the silly thing I forgot to
> do)
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 10:58 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > You also have to make sure that both the phone and your machine use he
> > same
> > > internet connection
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Panos
> > > --

> kept
> > > didn't
> > it.

> widget
> > > uninstall

> via
> behalf
> > > of
> 8
> > > that
> > > Goulding
> behalf
> > > of
> > use-livecode
> > > <
> > > interested
> > offending
> at
> > > manage
> mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> manage
> > > your
> your

> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >    and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I think I had filed one in the past, but I cannot find it now (this is
related to mergDeploy external). So, yes please, if you don't mind, can you
file one?

BTW what was the exact error?

Best,
Panos
--

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, I just discovered that a little while ago.  So, is there a bug
> report?  Should I file one?  I didn't see one in the list.  The only PP bug
> I see is the one I filed a couple months ago on the other issue.
>
> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:19 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > If the app never installs on the phone, it is likely because of some
> > provisioning profile-related issue (arghh!). Unfortunately this kind of
> > error msgs are not shown when using the "Test" button.
> >
> > So I suggest you build an iOS standalone and try to install the app on
> the
> > device using Xcode. This will (hopefully) show an error dialog with a
> > descriptive msg when it tries to install the app into the phone.
> >
> > Best,
> > Panos
> > --
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Well,
> > > Because if my funky remote debug crashing, yesterday, I just built a
> new
> > > app to see if I can reproduce the crash so I can file a bug report
> > > App created
> > > Remote debugger selected in inclusions
> > > profile selected, ios selected for build, name set
> > > Phone set as test target
> > > Nets are the same
> > > Hit test
> > > Everything seems ok, but the app never installs on the phone.
> > > (cringes and waits for someone to point out the silly thing I forgot to
> > do)

> he
> > > same

> > kept
> fix
> > > it.

> of

> > widget

> > via
> > behalf
> LC
> > 8
> > behalf
> > > use-livecode
> > > offending
> is
> > at
> > mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> > manage
> > your

> > > --
> > > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> > >    and did a little diving.
> > > And God said, "This is good."

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Invalid entitlements.  That was it.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:49 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think I had filed one in the past, but I cannot find it now (this is
> related to mergDeploy external). So, yes please, if you don't mind, can you
> file one?
>
> BTW what was the exact error?
>
> Best,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I just discovered that a little while ago.  So, is there a bug
> > report?  Should I file one?  I didn't see one in the list.  The only PP
> bug
> > I see is the one I filed a couple months ago on the other issue.
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:19 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > If the app never installs on the phone, it is likely because of some
> > > provisioning profile-related issue (arghh!). Unfortunately this kind of
> > > error msgs are not shown when using the "Test" button.
> > >
> > > So I suggest you build an iOS standalone and try to install the app on
> > the
> > > device using Xcode. This will (hopefully) show an error dialog with a
> > > descriptive msg when it tries to install the app into the phone.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Panos
> > > --

> > new
> > > do)

> <

> > he

> is
> test
> > > kept
> it.  I
> > fix

> > of

> > > widget

> Judd
> > > via
> > > behalf
> > LC
> > > 8
> Monte
> > > behalf
> > is
> > > at
> and
> > > mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> > > manage
> mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> manage
> > > your

> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >    and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
20332 on this bug.  Now I've got at least one or two more RD bugs that I'm
working on reporting - one is the crash, the other is one that seems to be
causing RD to not work at all for me, either.
20333 on the mergAV/remote debug crash

I built a little sample app to see if I could further diagnose what's going
on with RD, and I can't seem to get the RD to fire, now, either.

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Here's a new twist. I did not include the remote debugger in a
standalone I'm building. When I did a test build with my phone cabled to
the Mac, LC asked if I wanted to start a debugging session. Apparently
it doesn't know the app didn't include the extension?

At least it's asking me again.

On 9/5/17 9:58 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
> You also have to make sure that both the phone and your machine use he same
> internet connection

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 2:46 pm, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here's a new twist. I did not include the remote debugger in a standalone I'm building. When I did a test build with my phone cabled to the Mac, LC asked if I wanted to start a debugging session. Apparently it doesn't know the app didn't include the extension?
>
> At least it's asking me again.

The Test button automatically adds the remote debugger.

Cheers

Monte

On 9/6/17 11:47 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 2:46 pm, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Here's a new twist. I did not include the remote debugger in a standalone I'm building. When I did a test build with my phone cabled to the Mac, LC asked if I wanted to start a debugging session. Apparently it doesn't know the app didn't include the extension?
>>
>> At least it's asking me again.
>
> The Test button automatically adds the remote debugger.

Ah. Okay, that explains it. It doesn't put it into an apk you build on
disk though, right?

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 3:15 pm, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ah. Okay, that explains it. It doesn't put it into an apk you build on disk though, right?

I’m not sure what you mean here as you always build on disk? Do you mean save as standalone menu? No you need to add it manually in the Inclusions pane if you want it there.

Cheers

Monte

On 9/7/17 12:17 AM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 3:15 pm, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ah. Okay, that explains it. It doesn't put it into an apk you build on disk though, right?
>
> I’m not sure what you mean here as you always build on disk? Do you mean save as standalone menu? No you need to add it manually in the Inclusions pane if you want it there.

Right, that's what I meant: saving a standalone without using the Test
button, in order to create a file for distribution. Thanks.

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I wonder why it won't even start for me, now.