revBrowser

Monte Goulding via use-livecode

The dictionary says

> There is a sample stack for revBrowser at the following location in the
>
> LiveCode folder: Resources/Examples/Browser Samper.rev. This stack
>
> demonstrates, with many examples, how to use browser objects in an
>
> application.

Anyone know where it can be found ?

-- Alex.

Re: revBrowser

On 2017-04-05 16:30, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

> The dictionary says
>
>> There is a sample stack for revBrowser at the following location in
>> the
>>
>> LiveCode folder: Resources/Examples/Browser Samper.rev. This stack
>>
>> demonstrates, with many examples, how to use browser objects in an
>>
>> application.
>>
> Anyone know where it can be found ?

It is inside the app bundle on Mac - Contents/Tools/Resources/... - on
windows it will be in Program Files in the LiveCode folder. There
probably is somewhere in the IDE that links to it, but I can't remember
where off the top of my head...

Any reason for revBrowser over the browser widget? ;)

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: revBrowser

On 05/04/2017 15:34, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> It is inside the app bundle on Mac - Contents/Tools/Resources/... - on
> windows it will be in Program Files in the LiveCode folder. There
> probably is somewhere in the IDE that links to it, but I can't
> remember where off the top of my head...

Thanks Mark.
> Any reason for revBrowser over the browser widget? ;)

Well, I looked in the dictionary for "browser" and that's what I found :-)

OK - so now I see there's a choice ....which should I use ?
Is there a similar sample or lesson covering the browser widget ?

Thanks
Alex.

Re: revBrowser

On 2017-04-05 17:53, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
> Well, I looked in the dictionary for "browser" and that's what I found
> :-)

The widgets come under different sections in the left hand drop-down at
the moment unfortunately...

> OK - so now I see there's a choice ....which should I use ?
> Is there a similar sample or lesson covering the browser widget ?

That is a good question - I shall check...

However, one of the reasons for needed a revBrowser sample stack was
that you have to setup and
teardown your browsers yourself so it is fiddly to use in comparison to
a normal control.

The browser widget, on the other hand, is as simple as 'drag the widget
from the tools palette to your card
and set its url property'. The properties are also editable in the
Property Inspector.

Warmest Regards,

On 2017-04-05 18:18, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> That is a good question - I shall check...

Panos dug this out:

<https://livecode.com/a-mini-web-browser-in-under-15-minutes-sample-stack-included/>

Hope this helps!