revStudio for Linux Also $50

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

revStudio for Linux Also $50

Justin Sloan
TheMacSale.com bundle is ending on 15 June. The good news is you still
have time to get revStudio for only $50, and for any OS. When you
purchase the bundle they send you an activation code. You then take
that activation code to the RunRev website and choose which OS you are
planning to run it on.  RunRev will then email you the serial number
for the product you selected and you are good to go. Regardless of
which OS you write your stacks on you can create standalones that run
on Win, Mac or Linux.  Awesome.
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: revStudio for Linux Also $50

David C.
> TheMacSale.com bundle is ending on 15 June. The good news is you still
> have time to get revStudio for only $50, and for any OS. When you
> purchase the bundle they send you an activation code. You then take
> that activation code to the RunRev website and choose which OS you are
> planning to run it on.  RunRev will then email you the serial number
> for the product you selected and you are good to go. Regardless of
> which OS you write your stacks on you can create standalones that run
> on Win, Mac or Linux.  Awesome.


Justin, is that something you've actually done first hand with the
Linux version?
...I contacted them inquiring whether it covered the Linux and was
told the offer was good for Mac'c only.


Best regards,
David C.
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: revStudio for Linux Also $50

Justin Sloan
No, I purchased the Mac version. I noticed the option when I went to
activate my code and RunRev and get my serial for Studio. After you
enter your activation code provided by TheMacSale you are presented
with a form to fill in your name and address. At the botton of the
form you select your OS. It sounds to me like you can select whatever
version you want.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM, David C. <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> TheMacSale.com bundle is ending on 15 June. The good news is you still
>> have time to get revStudio for only $50, and for any OS. When you
>> purchase the bundle they send you an activation code. You then take
>> that activation code to the RunRev website and choose which OS you are
>> planning to run it on.  RunRev will then email you the serial number
>> for the product you selected and you are good to go. Regardless of
>> which OS you write your stacks on you can create standalones that run
>> on Win, Mac or Linux.  Awesome.
>
>
> Justin, is that something you've actually done first hand with the
> Linux version?
> ...I contacted them inquiring whether it covered the Linux and was
> told the offer was good for Mac'c only.
>
>
> Best regards,
> David C.
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: revStudio for Linux Also $50

David C.
>>revStudio for Linux Also $50
...
...
> After you enter your activation code provided by TheMacSale you are presented
> with a form to fill in your name and address. At the botton of the
> form you select your OS. It sounds to me like you can select whatever
> version you want.

This is not an opportunity that I personally want to miss out on if
it's suitable with RunRev, so I've just emailed support for
clarification. We'll know the results soon for sure...  ;-)


Best regards,
David C.
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: revStudio for Linux Also $50

Robert Mann
In reply to this post by Justin Sloan
Well thanks for sharing this info! It arrived spot on for me :  

- my 4 years old dual G5 going bust made me decide to go back to my PC machine, so I needed a transition for runrev ;

- And the brand new Intel Atom Program.. which basically requires a little tweaking on a PC machine to participate so that program on mac and sell on windows can no more do the trick...

So I confirm I did receive a windows version key.
They must have changed their policy, or if it is a bug.. so it is!

And next move is getting the Atom Program Runrev plugin...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: revStudio for Linux Also $50

David C.
Just read my reply from Heather at RunRev...
No problemo with swapping the Linux version in place of the Mac
version offered in the package from TheMacSale. We're good to go!

It probably wasn't ever a big issue, but I just hate being "sneaky"
about such things. I prefer to have all the cards on the table and
rules being followed when I play. ;-)

Best regards,
David C.
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: revStudio for Linux Also $50

Simon Lord
I bought both mac and windows versions this way.  I'll probably be
purchasing the service pack for free updates next week and then the
regular payments going forward.  So the *sneaky* feeling never
occurred to me—the somewhat *free* ride won't last more than a year
then I'll be part of the herd paying the going price like everyone
else.

In the end everyone wins.


On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:54 AM, David C. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just read my reply from Heather at RunRev...
> No problemo with swapping the Linux version in place of the Mac
> version offered in the package from TheMacSale. We're good to go!
>
> It probably wasn't ever a big issue, but I just hate being "sneaky"
> about such things. I prefer to have all the cards on the table and
> rules being followed when I play. ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> David C.
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution