revsecurity.dylib is not 64-bit on macOS

revsecurity.dylib is not 64-bit on macOS

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Trying to upload to the Mac App Store and I get this error.

“Unsupported Architectures. Your executable contained the following disallowed architectures: ‘[i386 (in com.elloco.ellocotools.pkg/Payload/El Loco Tools.app/Contents/MacOS/revsecurity.dylib)]’. New apps submitted to the Mac App Store must support 64-bit starting January 2018, and Mac app updates and existing apps must support 64-bit starting June 2018.”

Is there a 64-bit revsecurity.dylib I can download and swap in to replace the 32-bit version installed by LiveCode Standalone App Builder?

Alternatively, what functionality must I remove from my app so that revsecurity.dylib does not get installed (or can be safely removed manually)?

Kee Nethery

Re: revsecurity.dylib is not 64-bit on macOS

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Just need to de-fat the file.  Need to change to the location within the
app package in the terminal and use the following command:

lipo revsecurity.dylib -remove i386 -output revsecurity.dylib

May need to use "sudo".  Also, will need to resign the app after doing so.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 3:43 PM kee nethery via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trying to upload to the Mac App Store and I get this error.
>
> “Unsupported Architectures. Your executable contained the following
> disallowed architectures: ‘[i386 (in com.elloco.ellocotools.pkg/Payload/El
> Loco Tools.app/Contents/MacOS/revsecurity.dylib)]’. New apps submitted to
> the Mac App Store must support 64-bit starting January 2018, and Mac app
> updates and existing apps must support 64-bit starting June 2018.”
>
> Is there a 64-bit revsecurity.dylib I can download and swap in to replace
> the 32-bit version installed by LiveCode Standalone App Builder?
>
> Alternatively, what functionality must I remove from my app so that
> revsecurity.dylib does not get installed (or can be safely removed
> manually)?
>
> Kee Nethery

Re: revsecurity.dylib is not 64-bit on macOS

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Hello all,

This will be fixed in the next LiveCode release. If you can't wait, you can
apply the fix locally:

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6806

Best,
Panos

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, 21:56 Brian Milby via use-livecode <
[hidden email] wrote:

> Just need to de-fat the file.  Need to change to the location within the
> app package in the terminal and use the following command:
>
> lipo revsecurity.dylib -remove i386 -output revsecurity.dylib
>
> May need to use "sudo".  Also, will need to resign the app after doing so.
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 3:43 PM kee nethery via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Trying to upload to the Mac App Store and I get this error.
> >
> > “Unsupported Architectures. Your executable contained the following
> > disallowed architectures: ‘[i386 (in
> com.elloco.ellocotools.pkg/Payload/El
> > Loco Tools.app/Contents/MacOS/revsecurity.dylib)]’. New apps submitted to
> > the Mac App Store must support 64-bit starting January 2018, and Mac app
> > updates and existing apps must support 64-bit starting June 2018.”
> >
> > Is there a 64-bit revsecurity.dylib I can download and swap in to replace
> > the 32-bit version installed by LiveCode Standalone App Builder?
> >
> > Alternatively, what functionality must I remove from my app so that
> > revsecurity.dylib does not get installed (or can be safely removed
> > manually)?
> >
> > Kee Nethery

Re: revsecurity.dylib is not 64-bit on macOS

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Has anyone on the list already applied the fix locally and would like to share the modified file?

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
https://instamaker.dermattes.de
https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de

> Am 03.12.2018 um 23:23 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> This will be fixed in the next LiveCode release. If you can't wait, you can
> apply the fix locally:
>
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6806
>
> Best,
> Panos
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, 21:56 Brian Milby via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Just need to de-fat the file.  Need to change to the location within the
>> app package in the terminal and use the following command:
>>
>> lipo revsecurity.dylib -remove i386 -output revsecurity.dylib
>>
>> May need to use "sudo".  Also, will need to resign the app after doing so.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 3:43 PM kee nethery via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Trying to upload to the Mac App Store and I get this error.
>>>
>>> “Unsupported Architectures. Your executable contained the following
>>> disallowed architectures: ‘[i386 (in
>> com.elloco.ellocotools.pkg/Payload/El
>>> Loco Tools.app/Contents/MacOS/revsecurity.dylib)]’. New apps submitted to
>>> the Mac App Store must support 64-bit starting January 2018, and Mac app
>>> updates and existing apps must support 64-bit starting June 2018.”
>>>
>>> Is there a 64-bit revsecurity.dylib I can download and swap in to replace
>>> the 32-bit version installed by LiveCode Standalone App Builder?
>>>
>>> Alternatively, what functionality must I remove from my app so that
>>> revsecurity.dylib does not get installed (or can be safely removed
>>> manually)?
>>>
>>> Kee Nethery

Re: revsecurity.dylib is not 64-bit on macOS

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Two files to update:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/livecodepanos/livecode/78435e7a4e36ed0a0892262e88310adff2efc897/ide-support/revsaveasstandalone.livecodescript

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/livecodepanos/livecode/78435e7a4e36ed0a0892262e88310adff2efc897/ide-support/revsblibrary.livecodescript

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 5:16 AM Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone on the list already applied the fix locally and would like to
> share the modified file?
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>

> Matthias Rebbe
>
> free tools for Livecoders:
> https://instamaker.dermattes.de
> https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de
>
> > Am 03.12.2018 um 23:23 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > This will be fixed in the next LiveCode release. If you can't wait, you
> can
> > apply the fix locally:
> >
> > https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6806
> >
> > Best,
> > Panos
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, 21:56 Brian Milby via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> >> Just need to de-fat the file.  Need to change to the location within the
> >> app package in the terminal and use the following command:
> >>
> >> lipo revsecurity.dylib -remove i386 -output revsecurity.dylib
> >>
> >> May need to use "sudo".  Also, will need to resign the app after doing
> so.

> >> com.elloco.ellocotools.pkg/Payload/El
> app

> replace

OT-Reading Old Quicken Files

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Folks:
I’m just curious if anybody has tried to use Livecode to read pre-2004 Quicken files. They are in binary, and the current Quicken, and Quicken2007 (which I have) will no longer read them.

I’m trying to recover archives of old transactions and checking whether it’s even feasible.

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://earthlearningsolutions.org

Re: OT-Reading Old Quicken Files

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Dunno anything about this at all: but, as it says in the Gospel of
Thomas, "If you have eyes you should look",
so . . .

poking about on the internet I found that

"The /old format/ was called QIF (/Quicken/ Interchange Format).
The new format, called OFX (Open Financial Exchange),
makes it much easier to activate accounts ... "

and further along, so to speak, I found out 2 interesting things:

"A QIF file is an ASCII <https://techterms.com/definition/ascii> text
file generated by Quicken financial software. It contains a user's
financial liability and cash accounts in a text format that can easily
be read by other programs, including text editors. QIF files are used to
transfer data between different Quicken data files or from a financial
institution's website to Quicken software."

and

"
The QIF format was originally developed by Intuit, but it is now
supported by several financial and accounting programs. Some of these
programs include *Microsoft Money*, *Corel Quattro Pro*, and *GnuCash*.
*You can import a QIF file in Quicken by selecting* File → Import → QIF
file, navigate to the location of the file, and choose the account to
which you want to import the QIF file."

I wonder if you have tried File → Import → QIF, that might be all that
is required.

Best, Richmond.

On 4.12.18 г. 21:14 ч., William Prothero via use-livecode wrote:

> Folks:
> I’m just curious if anybody has tried to use Livecode to read pre-2004 Quicken files. They are in binary, and the current Quicken, and Quicken2007 (which I have) will no longer read them.
>
> I’m trying to recover archives of old transactions and checking whether it’s even feasible.
>
> Best,
> Bill
>
> William A. Prothero
> http://earthlearningsolutions.org

Re: OT-Reading Old Quicken Files

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Here´s a page which explains the structure of a qif file

http://linuxfinances.info/info/financeformats.html