script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi friends,

can someone plaes post the script that we need when building a
standalone so that the building process does not mess with our
pre-openXXX scripts? Know what I mean?
I don't know what to search for...

Thanks in advance!


Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Here´s an example for the closestack message

on closeStack
if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0
 then
  exit closesStack
end if
end closeStack

You´ll find it in the LC 9 Release notes under Breaking Changes -> Standalone Building.


Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>

> Am 29.11.2019 um 13:42 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Hi friends,
>
> can someone plaes post the script that we need when building a
> standalone so that the building process does not mess with our
> pre-openXXX scripts? Know what I mean?
> I don't know what to search for...
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de <https://www.major-k.de/>
> [hidden email]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
one little correction: in the release notes of LC 9.0.x


Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>

> Am 29.11.2019 um 14:30 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Here´s an example for the closestack message
>
> on closeStack
> if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0
> then
>  exit closesStack
> end if
> end closeStack
>
> You´ll find it in the LC 9 Release notes under Breaking Changes -> Standalone Building.
>
>
> Matthias
>
> Matthias Rebbe
>
> free tools for Livecoders:
> InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/ <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>>
> WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/ <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>>
>
>> Am 29.11.2019 um 13:42 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>:
>>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> can someone plaes post the script that we need when building a
>> standalone so that the building process does not mess with our
>> pre-openXXX scripts? Know what I mean?
>> I don't know what to search for...
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>> --
>> Klaus Major
>> https://www.major-k.de <https://www.major-k.de/> <https://www.major-k.de/ <https://www.major-k.de/>>
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode <http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode <http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hallo Matthias,

> Am 29.11.2019 um 14:30 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Here´s an example for the closestack message
>
> on closeStack
> if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0
> then
>  exit closesStack
> end if
> end closeStack
>
> You´ll find it in the LC 9 Release notes under Breaking Changes -> Standalone Building.

ah, yes, thank you, that was it! :-)

> Matthias

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hello all,

This is a more robust example:

on closeStack
   if the environment is "development" and \
         there is a stack "revStandaloneProgress" and \
         the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then
      exit closeStack
   end if
end closeStack



I thought we had updated the release notes.

Kind regards,

Panos
--

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 15:36, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hallo Matthias,
>
> > Am 29.11.2019 um 14:30 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Here´s an example for the closestack message
> >
> > on closeStack
> > if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0
> > then
> >  exit closesStack
> > end if
> > end closeStack
> >
> > You´ll find it in the LC 9 Release notes under Breaking Changes ->
> Standalone Building.
>
> ah, yes, thank you, that was it! :-)
>
> > Matthias
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de
> [hidden email]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi Panos,

> Am 29.11.2019 um 14:42 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
> Hello all,
>
> This is a more robust example:
> on closeStack
>   if the environment is "development" and \
>         there is a stack "revStandaloneProgress" and \
>         the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then
>      exit closeStack
>   end if
> end closeStack

thank you!

> I thought we had updated the release notes.

Maybe, but did not find this in the Release Notes of 9.5.1 RC1.

> Kind regards,
>
> Panos

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Mark Wieder via use-livecode

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>

> Am 29.11.2019 um 14:42 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>
>
>
> I thought we had updated the release notes.
>
You are right. I´ve used the script of the 9.0.0 release notes. The updated version of the sample is in release notes 9.0.2 and higher.

The release notes of 9.5.x and 9.6.x do not contain any information about this breaking changes.
It might be a good idea to add that information also to the 9.5 and 9.6 release notes.


> Kind regards,
>
> Panos
> --
>
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 15:36, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> Hallo Matthias,
>>
>>> Am 29.11.2019 um 14:30 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>> Here´s an example for the closestack message
>>>
>>> on closeStack
>>> if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0
>>> then
>>> exit closesStack
>>> end if
>>> end closeStack
>>>
>>> You´ll find it in the LC 9 Release notes under Breaking Changes ->
>> Standalone Building.
>>
>> ah, yes, thank you, that was it! :-)
>>
>>> Matthias
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>>
>> --
>> Klaus Major
>> https://www.major-k.de <https://www.major-k.de/>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Mark Wieder via use-livecode
mt

> On Nov 29, 2019, at 05:30 , Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  exit closesStack


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Klaus wrote:

 > can someone plaes post the script that we need when building a
 > standalone so that the building process does not mess with our
 > pre-openXXX scripts? Know what I mean?
 > I don't know what to search for...

Neither could any newcomer.

We don't need to modify our code to account for a critical problem with
the Standalone Builder.

We need to fix the Standalone Builder.

If the build process has become too complicated for the simple and quick
binding process this platform used to enjoy, it needs to be a separate
process.

We discussed this on the MetaCard project some years ago.  I don't
believe building a standalone in a separate process is harder than what
we're attempting -- and failing at -- now.

Indeed, given the layers of workarounds needed for the current
complexity, it should be much simpler.

And a MUCH better first impression for new users.

#SomeoneHasToSayIt
#WhyIsNoOneSayingIt

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems
  Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web
  ____________________________________________________________________
  [hidden email]                http://www.FourthWorld.com


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode