scrollbar question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi lust,

How can I prevent the thumb of a scrollbar to move when user
clicks on the scrollbar, but not on the thumb, when it's set
as a slider ?
I tried to trap scrollbarLineDec and scrollbarLineInc, and
also to set the lineincrement to 0, but to no avail.
What am I missing ?
Thanks in advance.

jbv

Re: scrollbar question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
For custom behavior of a scrollbar I think you need to build your own.  But
its not difficult from what I can tell.

https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?t=20077

Have a look there, there is an example stack.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 12:50 PM jbv via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi lust,
>
> How can I prevent the thumb of a scrollbar to move when user
> clicks on the scrollbar, but not on the thumb, when it's set
> as a slider ?
> I tried to trap scrollbarLineDec and scrollbarLineInc, and
> also to set the lineincrement to 0, but to no avail.
> What am I missing ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> jbv

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer
MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
Mobile:647.562.9411

Re: scrollbar question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
You have probably figured this out by now, but I just tried this on LC9.6.2(rc2) on a Mac plus Windows and setting both the lineInc and the pageInc to zero stops the user from changing the thumbPosition when clicking on the bar of the scrollbar, but doesn’t affect the dragging of the thumb.

I also agree with Tom, scrollbars are pretty easy to build and customise to suit your own requirements, one advantage is the user will have the same experience on Mac and Win if that’s something you need/want.

Paul